Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Human Beings Alien to Planet Earth?

Sweetpumper

I did some reading and did encounter a reference to Chang.

But it's clear that the term was in vogue back in the 60's, when I heard it.

Defining the term is another matter, and certainly not my field. But I understand what they're talking about, and I remember having a similar conversation back around '04.

It is what it is, and life comes to planets from space once conditions are right.

That is not how it works. There are not space rocks laden with viable DNA whizzing around the cosmos looking for the right planet. Rather, there are simple organic molecules in the composition of some space rocks that could be introduced to a planet at the right time to provide the building blocks for things that could later become amino acids and later, proteins.

• Like 1

Easy. The human being is not endemic here. The bible intimates as much with it's descriptions of interbreeding.

So you do not understand Hybrid's either.

It explains so very much.

Your comments say more about you than you could ever realise.

• Like 2

However you wish to view it is fine with me.

No it is not. That's your problem, one's "view" of evidence does not change said evidence at all in any way. Evidence is what it is. Fake or genuine, in this instance being discussed it's fake simple as that, no gray area at all.

But I remember when the story came out about 10 years ago, and I remember discussing that story with other people at that time.

Long enough for people to have forgotten details? Only you it would seem?

Was the story fake?

Yes, and proven so.

Anything is possible, of course,

No that is a stupid statement, if anything is possible, tell me my Aunty's maiden name and do it within 60 seconds of me posting this to prove "Anything" is possible.

but it was published in several locations and discussed by others.

Published on fringe woo websites and discussed by anonymous people in Internet forums - how does that give a lie validity? You have me at a loss there.

• Like 1

The man that was in charge of the Human Genome Project was on 60 Minutes all those years ago, and his name was not Chang. I cannot remember his name, but it was not Sam Chang.

Maybe we're talking about 2 different things here?

How many Human Genome Projects that claim humans have ETH origins do you think there is?

• Like 2

Jesse

It was I who posted that, as I recall the news stories back in about 2004, the HGP advanced an hypothesis that what had been called "junk DNA" by some for years, was extraterrestrial in origin or nature.

It was in the news back then, as I best recall, because others were discussing it.

Obviously, the hypothesis is unproven, and will remain so, I suppose.

I first heard the term "junk DNA" when I was a biology major in college in 1966, and my understanding of the term was that part of the DNA strand that was coded differently than the rest of the strand.

Junk DNA is not "Junk" it's actually quite crucial now that we know what it does.

You need to keep reading, most of the stuff you read decades ago has been updated.

LINK - Breakthrough study overturns theory of 'junk DNA' in genome

Long stretches of DNA previously dismissed as "junk" are in fact crucial to the way our genome works, an international team of researchers said on Wednesday.

It is the most significant shift in scientists' understanding of the way our DNA operates since the sequencing of the human genome in 2000, when it was discovered that our bodies are built and controlled by far fewer genes than expected. Now the next generation of geneticists have updated that picture.

• Like 1

Why not?

Because a reason is required to overturn a sound hypothesis?

Historical record refutes the idea and there is no good reason to look off this planet for these answers, seems pretty simple really?

• Like 1

Why is a spider so different to other species, a giraffe, a camel, and so on...Are they aliens also? Where does it end..plant life, bacteria....Alien? Not to Earth, no chance! chimps/apes....... so we are not completely far away from any other species on the planet.

:tu:

Proof is in the proteins

"They say" Joseph Smith was visited by the angel Moroni...

"They say" he was abnormally boney.

Harte

• Like 2

Jesse

It was I who posted that, as I recall the news stories back in about 2004, the HGP advanced an hypothesis that what had been called "junk DNA" by some for years, was extraterrestrial in origin or nature.

It was in the news back then, as I best recall, because others were discussing it.

Obviously, the hypothesis is unproven, and will remain so, I suppose.

I first heard the term "junk DNA" when I was a biology major in college in 1966, and my understanding of the term was that part of the DNA strand that was coded differently than the rest of the strand.

1%2520%25284%2529.jpg

• Like 2

Not only is proof in the protiens but All over this world ! Its All Made from the Goodies right Here ! Always was ,Always is even made here ! :tu:

• Like 1

Everything you know is wrong!

[media=]

[/media]

Just what we didn't need. Someone else pulling out Lloyd Pye. A person who, from a genetic standpoint, didn't remotely understand genetics and actually ignored many known haplogroups/subgroups in order to claim he knew that the Starchild DNA wasn't human. If you wish to support his incompetence, by all means go ahead, it will just give others someone else to ignore.

cormac

• Like 4

Speaking for yourself with example? Well done, it''s about time you started to evidence your claims. And I agree with you, everything you know is wrong. But to be fair, many here have tried to help you, yet you refuse it.

• Like 1

Just what we didn't need. Someone else pulling out Lloyd Pye. A person who, from a genetic standpoint, didn't remotely understand genetics and actually ignored many known haplogroups/subgroups in order to claim he knew that the Starchild DNA wasn't human. If you wish to support his incompetence, by all means go ahead, it will just give others someone else to ignore.

cormac

People who understand nothing about this claim promoting it.

But that;s how it managed to get as wide an audience as it did, it just seems a shame there are that many people who apparently have some problem with reading and refuse to learn more on this subject once they hear what they want to hear.

• Like 2

[media=]

[/media]

Everything Lloyd Pye knew was wrong.

Harte

• Like 3

And this charlatan proves that how?
  • Like 1

Right, because that is almost like science. Except for the research part and the evidence part and the peer review it pretty much nailed it.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 2