Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA may send quadcopter to explore Titan

UM-Bot

The space agency may use a drone to help explore the terrain of Saturn's enigmatic moon.

Two days ago NASA's Cassini probe once again performed a flyby of Titan as part of its ongoing mission to learn as much as possible about Saturn and its moons. In this particular case scientists are hoping to determine how the temperature varies by altitude in Titan's atmosphere, in particular in its polar regions.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...o-explore-titan

• Like 1

We need a nother "space race" for Titan. 2040s? I'll I'm only 26 but I'll probably be dead by then!

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 1

I think this would also be an excellent idea for Mars. Is Mars' atmosphere thick enough to support winged flight?

• Like 1

I really hope this happens in my lifetime, so many interesting concepts have been discussed regarding the exploration of space recently. I feel like i'm going to miss them all, by the time they're implemented I may be long gone.

• Like 2

I wish I was born in the future, this fascinates me. I want to be one of the people to go and live on another planet. I think that would be awesome.

• Like 3

Definitely an ambitious project! If they pull that off it will be an amazing feat of engineering and planning. Good luck to them! :tu: