Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When drones fall from the sky

questionmark

More than 400 large U.S. military drones have crashed in major accidents around the world since 2001, a record of calamity that exposes the potential dangers of throwing open American skies to drone traffic, according to a year-long Washington Post investigation.

Since the outbreak of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, military drones have malfunctioned in myriad ways, plummeting from the sky because of mechanical breakdowns, human error, bad weather and other reasons, according to more than 50,000 pages of accident investigation reports and other records obtained by The Post under the Freedom of Information Act.

Commercial drone flights are set to become a widespread reality in the United States, starting next year, under a 2012 law passed by Congress. Drone flights by law enforcement agencies and the military, which already occur on a limited basis, are projected to surge.

Read more

More americans die from beestings in a year than die from terrorist attacks.

I suppose in a few years we can say the same thing about the number of people dying from drones falling out of the sky.

Like MANY other annoying intrusions - drones are here to stay. I wonder at what point Americans became gutless when dealing with politicians? The only way back now is through the spilling of blood, unfortunately. Governments do not give up power willingly - not EVER.

• Like 2

its cloudy with a chance of meatballs

Its clear with a chance of drones

• Like 1

Like MANY other annoying intrusions - drones are here to stay. I wonder at what point Americans became gutless when dealing with politicians? The only way back now is through the spilling of blood, unfortunately. Governments do not give up power willingly - not EVER.

It has been a long and slow process, conditioning the American electorate, but it has worked very well. Yes, they are gutless and grossly misinformed.

I think that the only possible way to have a bloodless revolution is by way of jury nullification, and it's very late in the game for that, considering how uninformed americans are about the jury power.

Do we expect bloodshed over drones and other issues, or is this hyperbole? How would jury nullification help with freedom Issues? Yes, color me ignorant here.

Edited by DeWitz