Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any new / updated monster/cryptid shows on?

Bluenose Bulwark

Topic says it all...Any new / updated monster/cryptid shows on? I know Finding Bigfoot is back on...my kids love it so I watch it.

Anything else, documentaries, etc, out there that might be worth a watch?

I liked monsterquest, pretty good show.

I hoped it would return with new cryptids/monsters, but I guess not.

As for any NEW shows, I haven't heard of any so far

Check out Mountain Monsters. The research team are professional in their methods and adhere to strict scientific standards. They don't jump to wild conclusions like a lot of these shows and the evidence they collect is really good with a lot of weight behind it.

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin

Maybe Dr. Paul Robertson aka Mark Hoyt aka David Evans will have a docu-drama on Animal Planet this year. :whistle:

I would love to see Monster Quest come back, it was one of my favorite shows. I just binge watched all the episodes on Netflix.

• Like 2

I would love to see Monster Quest come back, it was one of my favorite shows. I just binge watched all the episodes on Netflix.

It was a good show, Mystery Quest too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mountain monsters is a joke.

Mountain monsters is a joke.

How dare you slam this beloved show..

mm_s2_photo2.jpg

• MonsterQuest is a pretty entertaining, if just for the eyewitness stories, history, and explanations of the monster. I never liked the investigation part of the show.
  • Destination Truth is another one. I never personally liked it, but it's still one you should check out.
  • Fact or Faked sometimes deals with cryptids, though they usually deal with ghosts. If you're interested in that, you can go check that out too.
  • Mountain Monsters. Don't like it, but still an option.
  • I don't know if it's new but there's something out there called Cryptid: The Swamp Beast.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Paranormal Highway with Jack Osbourne and Dana Workman.. :wub:

Check out Mountain Monsters. The research team are professional in their methods and adhere to strict scientific standards. They don't jump to wild conclusions like a lot of these shows and the evidence they collect is really good with a lot of weight behind it.

post-106978-0-54082000-1404743409_thumb.

Yeah, that's all-pro science right there.

Josh Gates (Destination Truth) has a new mystery/monster show currently being filmed for the Travel Channel. There's no premier date yet, but if you're a fan of DT, you'll probably enjoy it.

post-106978-0-54082000-1404743409_thumb.

Yeah, that's all-pro science right there.

I was being sarcastic

In the same vein, any new movies out that are along these lines and interesting? (no..Sharknado 2 wouldn't go here :P )

'Mountain Monsters' was better than expected last night on Sky. A team of hunters and trappers were after the Ohio river 'lizard demon'. The interviews with eyewitnesses was very convincing as well as the three toed track.

How dare you slam this beloved show..

mm_s2_photo2.jpg

I have never watched the show, but:

WOW, are they what they found? they look so real...and scary.

• 11 months later...

"Beast Hunter" - Netflix

"Is It Real" (Cryptid, Paranormal, Supernatural) - Netflix expired, maybe it will be renewed. Keep tweeting to Reed Hastings on Twitter to bring it back.

"Weird or What" (mixture of all weird stuff) - National Geographic show that moved to SyFy, then to Netflix. I think it's still on there.

I love all those shows including Monster Hunters. I like their documentary/interview approach. I shy away from the Reality Show approach like you get in Fact or Faked. Those people seem to love hearing themselves talk more than investigating the actual subject. I can't explain why I don't like that show, but then I'll turn and like "Destination Truth" Josh is just funny, and seems to poke fun at himself instead of taking himself too seriously (or acting too seriously) like the Fact or Faked crew.