Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God will heal, no medical help required!

JJ50

From time to time we hear tragic tales of people refusing medical attention, in the expectation that the deity will do the business. When it fails to do so they succumb to their illness. It is bad enough when an adult refuses medical attention in respect of themselves, but much worse if they refuse it for their child.

Pray for healing if you must, but take on board the medical help available too, especially in the case of a child.

I don't know about the US, but in the UK medics can apply to the courts if the parents refuse medical attention for their child.

lol ok, uk, right, there have been many times, where i had to take my kids to the doctors, most of the time I come back without any medical attention.

The doctors says "oh it's nothing, nothing to worry about"

No wonder why some parents, refuse medical attention for their children, because it can be a waste of time, when doctors reply "oh it nothing..."

Edited by ThesillyfunnyguyIDK
  • Like 3

From time to time we hear tragic tales of people refusing medical attention, in the expectation that the deity will do the business. When it fails to do so they succumb to their illness. It is bad enough when an adult refuses medical attention in respect of themselves, but much worse if they refuse it for their child.

Pray for healing if you must, but take on board the medical help available too, especially in the case of a child.

I don't know about the US, but in the UK medics can apply to the courts if the parents refuse medical attention for their child.

It's the same in the US. If a child's life is in danger the parents do not have the right to withold life saving treatment. With adults it's a matter of choice. As a Christian I believe that while God can and does interact in our lives miraculously, to "force his hand" or "test" him is forbidden. Also, humans were given a brain and intellect to be used for our betterment and for our help. Refusing medical help is a misguided way to apply faith imo. I've even known Christians who find fault with other Christians for getting sick at all. They say "your faith isn't strong enough" These types make all Christians seem like mouth breathers - in a world that already needs no valid excuse for attacking people of faith.
  • Like 1

It's the same in the US. If a child's life is in danger the parents do not have the right to withold life saving treatment. With adults it's a matter of choice. As a Christian I believe that while God can and does interact in our lives miraculously, to "force his hand" or "test" him is forbidden. Also, humans were given a brain and intellect to be used for our betterment and for our help. Refusing medical help is a misguided way to apply faith imo. I've even known Christians who find fault with other Christians for getting sick at all. They say "your faith isn't strong enough" These types make all Christians seem like mouth breathers - in a world that already needs no valid excuse for attacking people of faith.

It is really nasty when people are told they are ill because they haven't enough faith!

• Like 6

Reminfs me of the man on top of his house in flood waters who turned away a boat and a helicopters help. Saying, God is gonna save me. Of course, the guy dies in flood. When he gets to heaven, he asks God, "why didn't you save me?" God replied, "I sent a boat and helicopter!"

Edited by Omnaka
  • Like 2

It is really nasty when people are told they are ill because they haven't enough faith!

I've seen this happen right here on this site. I wont go in to detail, but I was absolutely appalled. And the truly sad thing is that the so called "Christian" saw nothing wrong with what they said.

No wonder why some parents, refuse medical attention for their children, because it can be a waste of time, when doctors reply "oh it nothing..."

Umm...you do understand that refusing medical help kind of precludes a doctor saying no medical help is needed, right?

• Like 2

Umm...you do understand that refusing medical help kind of precludes a doctor saying no medical help is needed, right?

I'd say it's the other way around.... how do you refuse a service that wasn't offered as it wasn't necessary...

God will heal, no medical help required!

It doesn't surprise me that you bring up this topic. I think you'll continue to present every sin Christians and so-called Christians do in an attempt to criticize, condemn, and rebuke the religion. Not one person, Christian or otherwise, on this earth is infallible. There are many, many people who are misguided and call themselves Christian, when in truth they are not. I refuse to cast a broad brush against religions based on the acts of a minority, e.g., Islam.

However, to respond to your thread, Regardless, people sin, and sin can take many forms, like testing God in this case. God gave us reason, and if a person refuses to use that reason to seek medical attention and dies, well it’s sincerely tragic. I believe a majority of Christian theologians would agree.

So, JJ50 what’s next on your agenda? First it was Harry Potter v. the Bible, then You Will Burn in Hell, followed by What is so bad about Satan, and now this. Here’s a suggestion: If God knows I am hurting, why doesn't he help me?

I've read this about six times and still don't really get it. Parents are likely to refuse medical attention that isn't offered because their children don't need it??? What??

I've read this about six times and still don't really get it. Parents are likely to refuse medical attention that isn't offered because their children don't need it??? What??

Just read his name three times.

So, JJ50 what's next on your agenda? First it was Harry Potter v. the Bible, then You Will Burn in Hell, followed by What is so bad about Satan, and now this.

I hope it's "Why Does God Neglect People With Severed Spinal Chords?".

Or "If we're all god's children...what's so special about Jesus?"

• Like 2

It doesn't surprise me that you bring up this topic. I think you'll continue to present every sin Christians and so-called Christians do in an attempt to criticize, condemn, and rebuke the religion. Not one person, Christian or otherwise, on this earth is infallible. There are many, many people who are misguided and call themselves Christian, when in truth they are not. I refuse to cast a broad brush against religions based on the acts of a minority, e.g., Islam.

However, to respond to your thread, Regardless, people sin, and sin can take many forms, like testing God in this case. God gave us reason, and if a person refuses to use that reason to seek medical attention and dies, well it’s sincerely tragic. I believe a majority of Christian theologians would agree.

So, JJ50 what’s next on your agenda? First it was Harry Potter v. the Bible, then You Will Burn in Hell, followed by What is so bad about Satan, and now this. Here’s a suggestion: If God knows I am hurting, why doesn't he help me?

Because either it doesn't exist or it doesn't give a damn. The former being more likely !

• Like 1

lol ok, uk, right, there have been many times, where i had to take my kids to the doctors, most of the time I come back without any medical attention.

I just experienced this with the birth of my son, he was put into the NICU due to being pre-mature and while the nurses treated him with the utmost care I had a sneaking suspicion that something wasn't right. Call it a gut feeling or parental intuition but either way I was told that he was a-ok and he was released with a clean bill of health, fast forward to the next day while we were home and he was crying nonstop and I felt something was terribly wrong. We took him back to the hospital and we were told once again that everything was fine, keep in mind they ran absolutely no tests whatsoever and in fact questioned whether or not my fiance and I were abusing our child! So again, we went home with no answers, the next day wasn't looking any better so again I took him back to a different hospital. Guess what? They ran some blood tests and found out he had neonatal sepsis, a bacterial infection of the blood and in fact suspected that he had it since birth. So you can imagine that I wasn't a happy camper, he spent the next 16 days in the hospital (and so did I). So yeah, I don't place too much faith in the medical field, not for lack of knowledge however for lack of caring. I've had several other personal experiences as well, while I think that the field of medicine can be highly beneficial and in no way do I advocate refusing medical treatment, I just don't feel that doctors and nurses always give a flying fart about you or your loved ones.

Can you tell me why you believe this?

[/i][/u]

Because either it doesn't exist or it doesn't give a damn. The former being more likely !

The latter is most likely - you believe God doesn't care and you cannot comprehend this, so therefore there must not be a God as he would certainly care if he did exist. But God does exist and He does care, that is why He sent His son to die on the cross for our salvation (John 3:16, and it doesn't matter if John actually wrote that or not, the words remain true). We all go through turbulent times - they are there: (1) to bring us closer to Him, (2) may be to correct us like a loving Father, (3) to beseech us to relinquish control and follow His path, or (4) to test our heart (our faith).

Does anyone one of you have children? If so, the love you feel for your child is the love God feels for you. If you are a parent, I believe you can understand what that feels like. And no matter what your child does you still love them - like God, no matter what you do He still loves you. Sometimes your child may get hurt (sometimes bad things will fall upon your child) and: (1) that might bring them closer to you for guidance, (2) may be you had to punish them for something they did was wrong, or (3) they see they don't know the right path to take.

Is the only difference between the two my or your physical presence? But yet I feel God's presence in the Holy Spirit.

Can you tell me why you believe this?

I am an Atheist.

Now go and Sin some more in the privacy of your room.

I think this is what doctors should do more often then naught. One of the problems happening now is over medicating. My neonatalist/pediatrician refused to give medication unless it was 100% needed.. he actually said '9 times out of 10 we give the child medication in order to make the parent happy, not because it is really needed'.

We are now paying the price of this.

Also.. per the main topic here..

Yes, if a child needs medication, they should get it. An adult can and should believe as they see fit, and if they want to deny themselves medication/medical attentioin, that is on them.

HOWEVER

A parents responsibility is raising children as healthy as possible. This means sometimes realizing that your beliefs are just that, your beliefs, your child is not an adult. SO they have not had the chance to choose, as a parent we should raise our children to adulthood and that may mean providing decent medical attention, or at the least, the best that you can provide in your area.

You have to at least T R Y.

Just as the government should not pass laws based on religious beliefs,parents should not deprive children of lifesaving help due to their own personal beliefs.

Let the child grow up to choose their own belief system.

But then again, maybe the adults are so brainwashed that they do not understand that praying is NOT enough. In that case

the law needs/should step in

I think doctors have a right to get the law involved, and swiftly as well.

I just experienced this with the birth of my son, he was put into the NICU due to being pre-mature and while the nurses treated him with the utmost care I had a sneaking suspicion that something wasn't right....

the next day wasn't looking any better so again I took him back to a different hospital. Guess what? They ran some blood tests and found out he had neonatal sepsis, a bacterial infection of the blood and in fact suspected that he had it since birth. So you can imagine that I wasn't a happy camper, he spent the next 16 days in the hospital (and so did I).

That sounds like an awful first hospital. I hope your son is OK. DId you sue them for malpractice?