Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It is time to TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!

regeneratia

Any thoughts?

• Like 6

Wow, that's awesome to see. Very good speaker, is the former Marine, and I completely agreed with his reference to the US Constitution. It would be nice to see that sort of thing happening everywhere. :tsu:

• Like 3

Wow, that's awesome to see. Very good speaker, is the former Marine, and I completely agreed with his reference to the US Constitution. It would be nice to see that sort of thing happening everywhere. :tsu:

What is stopping you?

If politicians get away with everything it is because the normal citizen do nothing but bit(h and moan besides going to vote every now and then.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 5

I like that guy,I would like to have seen the faces of the Governor and the others. :tu:

• Like 1

What is stopping you?

If politicians get away with everything it is because the normal citizen do nothing but bit(h and moan besides going to vote every now and then.

I suppose it needs someone willing to be a martyr, since anyone who does try to challenge the status quo will of course immediately be tagged as a Terrorist and persecuted in all those subtle little ways the State has.
  • Like 6

The Admiral is right. It would appear we have already lost the country; it is firmly in the hands of corrupt politicians and the corporations who back and control them.

Voting does little good because both political parties are a joke; as Jesse Ventura said, they are like gangsters.

So what is left then, revolution? Look at what happened with such a petty little civil disobedience as the Occupy movement. Look at how they were shut down.

Not to mention that Police forces all over the country are amassing military combat weapons and vehicles. Believe me, that isn't for any outside terrorist threat....it's for civil disobedience.

We are in deep trouble here.

• Like 7

The Admiral is right. It would appear we have already lost the country; it is firmly in the hands of corrupt politicians and the corporations who back and control them.

Voting does little good because both political parties are a joke; as Jesse Ventura said, they are like gangsters.

So what is left then, revolution? Look at what happened with such a petty little civil disobedience as the Occupy movement. Look at how they were shut down.

Not to mention that Police forces all over the country are amassing military combat weapons and vehicles. Believe me, that isn't for any outside terrorist threat....it's for civil disobedience.

We are in deep trouble here.

Now that I can agree with. Well said good sir.

There needs to be an internet based political party to take the corruption and rich politicians out of the equation. This will return power back to the people in a democratic process which is void of a politicians personal preference or bias. We here in the USA could have the first true democracy for, and truly by the people. First ever, all because of the power of the internet.

It can only happen if we really want it and want the change to occur. If you're on the internet now reading this, it can be done! Too many people give up too easily, and it only leads to the current state of affairs here in the USA today.

• Like 3

Now that I can agree with. Well said good sir.

There needs to be an internet based political party to take the corruption and rich politicians out of the equation. This will return power back to the people in a democratic process which is void of a politicians personal preference or bias. We here in the USA could have the first true democracy for, and truly by the people. First ever, all because of the power of the internet.

It can only happen if we really want it and want the change to occur. If you're on the internet now reading this, it can be done! Too many people give up too easily, and it only leads to the current state of affairs here in the USA today.

Too late, both Switzerland and Island already have it (and Island for the better part of 1000 years).... and they needed no internet.

• Like 2

And here I thought this was going to be about the Native americans taking back their country..

• Like 6

Too late, both Switzerland and Island already have it (and Island for the better part of 1000 years).... and they needed no internet.

Two different countries though. Things don't seem to be getting better in the USA. Too much money goes into politics to control laws that pander to certain people. Mainly the rich.

I was saying we could get laws and bills passed and voted on by citizens of the USA purely on the internet. You get to vote on any law that congress or the senate would normally vote on. Major issues would be decided by the people, not by a politician who just got thrown $1 million dollars to say no or yes on a law.

• Like 2

It was time to take back our country long ago. As technology grew people became more self centered and stopped caring about which direction this country was headed. It became all about self and not about unity. It is unfortunate that our "golden age" has come and gone so quickly. However I do believe that we are not the only country to be falling in such a manner.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves,...

• Like 3

Does anyone know what the hearing was about?

it's about the federal government wanting to use saint paul college to house the illegal children flowing into the country from mexico/central america.

• Like 1

They want to house kids coming across the Border in Virginia? What???

Why not use one of those FEMA camps they have set up in Kansas?

The FEMA camps are to imprison Americans, not Mexicans, silly.

From what I can tell, Health and Human services was making a deal with the now defunct, but still privately owned, St. Paul College to provide emergency housing for a lot of immigrant children who had been cleared as minimum risk and could therefore be put into dorm rooms. The school offered them space for a monthly lease of $160,000, which would be used to fix up the campus and make it more sellable (and if you want to be cynical about it, provide cheap labor for that as well).

The deal closed on Friday and HHS sent emails to all concerned parties. Over the weekend, Congressman Robert Hurt (just where did it hurt? The joke's too easy) got many complaints from his constituents and, to paraphrase the Simpsons, felt that if this was the way the wind was blowing, then he too would blow.

At least, that is the claim. I haven't actually been able to find a single complaint that originated prior to Congressman's Hurt's email to HHS. In fact, even in the meeting the above clip is taken from, I only hear the same two people, one of them the marine, being quoted over and over again.

In all cases, Hurt sent the email on the 16th demanding HHS put the project on hold. HHS did and a town meeting was scheduled for the 19th so they could answer any questions people had. On the 17th (i.e. the following day), Hurt sent a press release out stating that he had not seen anything in writing regarding the HHS putting the project on hold and the contract they had with the college had not been rescinded. Here's the release; Note how no mention is made of the town council meeting in two days.

I was also not able to find any announcement of an emergency town meeting, nor did I find one in either the Lawrenceville calender or in the minutes. The only thing there is the regular monthly city council work meeting. None of the city officials deemed it worthy of mention, and I can't even find out if any of them attended. The only minutes from that day are about sundry official city things recorded by the reps from the departments.

In all cases, 2 days later, at the town council meeting, HHS shows up to answer questions, and doesn't get any. They offer to leave if they are not wanted, they are told to leave, and they do.

Congressman buttHurt apparently considers this a great victory over the evil government forces that he isn't a part of in any way whatsoever. St. Paul, unfortunately, is going to continue having trouble liquidating itself, as the value of the property isn't enough to cover the debt. The people complaining about not having the money to raise their own kids apparently didn't bother to think through the implications of a government agency setting up shop in their area, the least of which is $160,000 of repair work on the old college filtering down among the locals, never mind the food, utilities, and services required to maintain 500 kids. I suppose a lot of people are happy about it, although I can't seem to find to many opinions along those lines either.

Everyone in town seems surprised at how quickly HHS capitulated. I suppose they expected evil villains to put up a fight or something. Well...there's a reason HHS called it "emergency housing". They are in a hurry. They had a contract for living areas, there were complaints, they listened, decided it wasn't worth the time and effort, and moved down the list of options. It isn't "sneakiness", "underhanded, or "disregard" for local government; it's efficiency (frankly, something that should be rewarded in government work). The local government got notice and requests for zoning changes as soon as HHS closed the deal; most regular agencies would have just waited till Monday. HHS wanted to get them in early so they could get their permits after the Thursday Work Meeting coming up in a few days, which is why they just bundled up the Q&A request/demand from Congressman Hurt along with it.

Honestly, no one really seemed to care all that much about it. The marine was angry at being strong-armed...how he was being strong-armed, I'm not sure (wasn't it because the Congressman told him about how the meany government didn't immediately cancel their contract with the school the day of receiving his email). The lady was complaining about crime. Unfortunately, it wasn't stated in the form of a question, nor did she believe when HHS informed them that the reason dorms were being considered was because these children had been cleared as non-criminals. This didn't stop her from recommending the also defunct prison close by as a place to keep the kids (charmer, that one).

So, you know...Hooray, I suppose, for Lawrenceville...The government agency that "broke the faith" (how, again? By making a deal with a private owner and filing papers efficiently?), that would have pumped a decent amount of money into the economy, that might have helped ease the pain of losing the prison and the college that had formerly brought in cash, is now making a deal with not you to house the kids.

But it isn't like you didn't get anything out of it. Congressman Hurt got his soundbite, and...the marine got to make a pretty neat speech that...wasn't really relevant...to anything discussed (almost as if a congressman-like person had convinced some dupe that this would be the perfect chance to make a stand for their country and have their fifteen minutes with the crowd bleating them on). Also...ahh...you got to see HHS shaking their fists and retreating in frustration...sort of...(in the link above to the congressman's website, there is a follow-up statement on how he intends to see to it that HHS fully breaks their contract with the school and halts all further activity in their area. Published after HHS released a statement that they had halted their plans and broken their lease with the school). To bad the marine is now a martyr and a terrorist for challenging the status quo, but that's the price you pay...what was his name again? Well, whatever it was, it'll live in infamy from now on, I'm sure. At least we were saved from the status quo government use of...rental agreements.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 5

The FEMA camps are to imprison Americans, not Mexicans, silly.

From what I can tell, Health and Human services was making a deal with the now defunct, but still privately owned, St. Paul College to provide emergency housing for a lot of immigrant children who had been cleared is minimum risk and could therefore be put into dorm rooms. The school offered them space for a monthly lease of $160,000, which would be used to fix up the campus and make it more sellable (and if you want to be cynical about it, provide cheap labor for that as well).

The deal closed on Friday and HHS sent emails to all concerned parties. Over the weekend, Congressman Robert Hurt (just where did it hurt? The joke's too easy) got many complaints from his constituents and, to paraphrase the Simpsons, felt that if this was the way the wind was blowing, then he too would blow.

At least, that is the claim. I haven't actually been able to find a single complaint that originated prior to Congressman's Hurt's email to HHS. In fact, even in the meeting the above clip is taken from, I only hear the same two people, one of them the marine, being quoted over and over again.

In all cases, Hurt sent the email on the 16th demanding HHS put the project on hold. HHS did and a town meeting was scheduled for the 19th so they could answer any questions people had. On the 17th (i.e. the following day), Hurt sent a press release out stating that he had not seen anything in writing regarding the HHS putting the project on hold and the contract they had with the college had not been rescinded. Here's the release; Note how no mention is made of the town council meeting in two days.

I was also not able to find any announcement of an emergency town meeting, nor did I find one in either the Lawrenceville calender or in the minutes. The only thing there is the regular monthly city council work meeting. None of the city officials deemed it worthy of mention, and I can't even find out if any of them attended. The only minutes from that day are about sundry official city things recorded by the reps from the departments.

In all cases, 2 days later, at the town council meeting, HHS shows up to answer questions, and doesn't get any. They offer to leave if they are not wanted, they are told to leave, and they do.

Congressman buttHurt apparently considers this a great victory over the evil government forces that he isn't a part of in any way whatsoever. St. Paul, unfortunately, is going to continue having trouble liquidating itself, as the value of the property isn't enough to cover the debt. The people complaining about not having the money to raise their own kids apparently didn't bother to think through the implications of a government agency setting up shop in their area, the least of which is $160,000 of repair work on the old college filtering down among the locals, never mind the food, utilities, and services required to maintain 500 kids. I suppose a lot of people are happy about it, although I can't seem to find to many opinions along those lines either.

Everyone in town seems surprised at how quickly HHS capitulated. I suppose they expected evil villains to put up a fight or something. Well...there's a reason HHS called it "emergency housing". They are in a hurry. They had a contract for living areas, there were complaints, they listened, decided it wasn't worth the time and effort, and moved down the list of options. It isn't "sneakiness", "underhanded, or "disregard" for local government; it's efficiency (frankly, something that should be rewarded in government work). The local government got notice and requests for zoning changes as soon as HHS closed the deal; most regular agencies would have just waited till Monday. HHS wanted to get them in early so they could get their permits after the Thursday Work Meeting coming up in a few days, which is why they just bundled up the Q&A request/demand from Congressman Hurt along with it.

Honestly, no one really seemed to care all that much about it. The marine was angry at being strong-armed...how he was being strong-armed, I'm not sure (wasn't it because the Congressman told him about how the meany government didn't immediately cancel their contract with the school the day of receiving his email). The lady was complaining about crime. Unfortunately, it wasn't stated in the form of a question, nor was she believed when HHS informed them that the reason dorms were being considered was because these children had been cleared as non-criminals. This didn't stop her from recommending the also defunct prison close by as a place to keep the kids (charmer, that one).

So, you know...Hooray, I suppose, for Lawrenceville...The government agency that "broke the faith" (how, again? By making a deal with a private owner and filing papers efficiently?), that would have pumped a decent amount of money into the economy, that might have helped ease the pain of losing the prison and the college that had formerly brought in cash, is now making a deal with not you to house the kids.

But it isn't like you didn't get anything out of it. Congressman Hurt got his soundbite, and...the marine got to make a pretty neat speech that...wasn't really relevant...to anything discussed (almost as if a congressman-like person had convinced some dupe that this would be the perfect chance to make a stand for their country and have their fifteen minutes with the crowd bleating them). Also...ahh...you got to see HHS shaking their fists and retreating in frustration...sort of...(in the link above to the congressman's website, there is a follow-up statement on how he intends to see to it that HHS fully breaks their contract with the school and halts all further activity in their area. Published after HHS released a statement that they had halted their plans and broken their lease with the school). To bad the marine is now a martyr and a terrorist for challenging the status quo, but that's the price you pay...what was his name again? Well, whatever it was, it'll live in infamy from now on, I'm sure. At least we were saved from the status quo government use of...rental agreements.

Boom!

Take that evil rental agreements!! I want to take back my rental freedoms!!!

I know for a fact we have a minimum security prison here in Portland that is completely built, but never used. The wee ones from south of the border probably would be very welcome here. Seems there was no money to feed/maintain/staff the prison, so it sits empty.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/05/multnomah_countys_wapato_jail.html

• Like 1

Dear God...That's what the FEMA camps are!

Rental Storage Areas!

Looks like there are plenty of camps.

FEMACampsGoogleMap.jpg

• Like 1

I was saying we could get laws and bills passed and voted on by citizens of the USA purely on the internet. You get to vote on any law that congress or the senate would normally vote on. Major issues would be decided by the people, not by a politician who just got thrown $1 million dollars to say no or yes on a law.

So, major issues, global issues, would be decided by the same sort of people who decided to listen to this one 3 minute snippet and started commenting on how the country was going to the dogs and how this guy was right on, without actually knowing what the guy was talking about, who he was talking too, or what the subject or situation was?

Pure Democracy is little different than rule of mob. No thanks. Now, I will advocate using the internet as a form of mass voting. At least it will allow a certain degree of meritocracy.

• Like 2

So, major issues, global issues, would be decided by the same sort of people who decided to listen to this one 3 minute snippet and started commenting on how the country was going to the dogs and how this guy was right on, without actually knowing what the guy was talking about, who he was talking too, or what the subject or situation was?

Pure Democracy is little different than rule of mob. No thanks. Now, I will advocate using the internet as a form of mass voting. At least it will allow a certain degree of meritocracy.

That is true.

However, that assumes that the career politicians know enough about these issues to be able to make a reasoned decision, doesn't it.

That is true.

However, that assumes that the career politicians know enough about these issues to be able to make a reasoned decision, doesn't it.

Nah. It just lowers the likelihood of them completely ignoring the issue and substituting their own beliefs instead.

Two different countries though. Things don't seem to be getting better in the USA. Too much money goes into politics to control laws that pander to certain people. Mainly the rich.

Yes, direct democracy, but that comes at a price: You actually have to know all in and out of an issue to vote sensibly.

Yes, direct democracy, but that comes at a price: You actually have to know all in and out of an issue to vote sensibly.

Indeed, and I think it would be a very good idea to need to have some kind of knowledge, not necessarily of the current Issues of the day (since that would inevitably come from the Media, and we know that that's not necessarily always the truth), but some awareness of how the system works and what the consequences of voting this way or that way might be, in order to qualify for a Vote.
  • Like 1