Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would ET contact challenge religious faith ?

UM-Bot

God and his brothers and sisters are aliens. Thought I would remind everyone of that fact.

God and his brothers and sisters are aliens. Thought I would remind everyone of that fact.

Maybe in Mormonism.

My super religious mother would likely take it as proof that 'God' exists...

I however, will take it as proof that aliens created us in a lab as slave labor to procure all the gold and other precious metals that were harvesting our planet for. Once they were done with that mission they packed up and left us to our devices (perhaps we're a pay-per-view channel for some superior race laughing at our stupidity and taking bets on how long we destroy our planet and selves in the process)...

Maybe in Mormonism.

No according to the definition, they are not of earth.

God has "brothers and sisters"? In the world according to Mormonism maybe, but for the sake of discussion - do those "brothers and sisters" have names?

Also, claiming a belief as a "fact" is a little over the top don't you think?

They as called angels and some are gods for other worlds. As for me stating belief as fact. That is what the biogenesis do including forcing it down kids throat.s as the only way things could have happened. But that relies on to many accidents.

I've often wonder if there is a book(s) that mentions life on other worlds. It's just that when Constantine was the emperor

of the roman empire, he formed the Council of Nicea where Clergy handpicked books to be included in the Canon and

other books left out known as the Apocrypha Books. Could it be these books mention something about otherly worlds?

I've often wonder if there is a book(s) that mentions life on other worlds. It's just that when Constantine was the emperor

of the roman empire, he formed the Council of Nicea where Clergy handpicked books to be included in the Canon and

other books left out known as the Apocrypha Books. Could it be these books mention something about otherly worlds?

Only from the sacraments of hallucinogens they ingested.

Josephus mentions the psychoactive Hyoscyamus plant as being symbolized on a ritual headress.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoscyamus_niger

Josephus Antiquities Book III 7:6

6. The high priest's mitre was the same that we described before, and was wrought like that of all the other priests; above which there was another, with swathes of blue embroidered, and round it was a golden crown polished, of three rows, one above another; out of which arose a cup of gold, which resembled the herb which we call Saccharus; but those Greeks that are skillful in botany call it Hyoscyamus. Now, lest any one that has seen this herb, but has not been taught its name, and is unacquainted with its nature, or, having known its name, knows not the herb when he sees it, I shall give such as these are a description of it. This herb is oftentimes in tallness above three spans, but its root is like that of a turnip [for he that should compare it thereto would not be mistaken]; but its leaves are like the leaves of mint. Out of its branches it sends out a calyx, cleaving to the branch; and a coat encompasses it, which it naturally puts off when it is changing, in order to produce its fruit. This calyx is of the bigness of the bone of the little finger, but in the compass of its aperture is like a cup. This I will further describe, for the use of those that are unacquainted with it. Suppose a sphere be divided into two parts, round at the bottom, but having another segment that grows up to a circumference from that bottom; suppose it become narrower by degrees, and that the cavity of that part grow decently smaller, and then gradually grow wider again at the brim, such as we see in the navel of a pomegranate, with its notches. And indeed such a coat grows over this plant as renders it a hemisphere, and that, as one may say, turned accurately in a lathe, and having its notches extant above it, which, as I said, grow like a pomegranate, only that they are sharp, and end in nothing but prickles. Now the fruit is preserved by this coat of the calyx, which fruit is like the seed of the herb Sideritis: it sends out a flower that may seem to resemble that of poppy. Of this was a crown made, as far from the hinder part of the head to each of the temples; but this Ephielis, for so this calyx may be called, did not cover the forehead, but it was covered with a golden plate, 14 which had inscribed upon it the name of God in sacred characters. And such were the ornaments of the high priest.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2848/2848-h/2848-h.htm#link32HCH0007

You could find out inexpensively for yourself. All the Bibles below have the Deuterocanonicals/ Apocryphaextra books between the old and new portions. I used to help publish these and many, many others.

$19.99 Large Print Hardback http//www.bibles.com/bibles/faithtraditions/catholicbibles/good-news-large-print-bible-with-deuterocanonicals-apocrypha-gnt.html

$12.99 Regular Hardback http://www.bibles.co...primatur-1.html

$11.99 Regular Flexi-softcover http://www.bibles.co...ranslation.html

And then there is also the many scrolls/scriptures that were not included in the canon. Bart Erhman has translated many of them in the books he writes.

Edited by MyOtherAccount

They as called angels and some are gods for other worlds. As for me stating belief as fact. That is what the biogenesis do including forcing it down kids throat.s as the only way things could have happened. But that relies on to many accidents.

Biogenesis is life through reproduction. I'm not sure what your rant has to do with God or aliens though. Edited by Rlyeh

Of course not.

Facts has no effect anyway.

Religion may be the reason ET hasn't contacted us yet.

Doug

This planet's intelligent life kills each other over fairy tales.We will just keep an eye on them for now.

Biogenesis is life through reproduction. I'm not sure what your rant has to do with God or aliens though.

I was asked a specific question. Which I answered. As for biogenesis I meant a biogenesis the supposed way life started on this planet. Which I said relies on way too many accidents.

• 2 months later...

Depends. I'll explain.

If by any chance we make ET contact, and by any chance they say that they been around for million or billion years, that would seriously challenge religious faith, in any way.

On the other hand, religious books in fact say about other beings, not exactly aliens, but other beings in the sky. In every religious books, angels, birds, God... are mentioned. So let's not take them as alien beings and still other beings are mentioned which in fact could be aliens. And also, those religious books mention that we will find them and that we will meet them.

If we got a hypothetical message from an alien intelligence that said, "We're on the way; see you in 20 years," we'd start doing all sorts of weird things trying to prepare. But in 20 years an alien intelligence (computerized "artificial intelligence") will be here and we aren't even talking about it. A "smart" immortal machine that can talk to you about your religion as if it were a god. A machine that is smarter and faster than we are and perhaps armed with our own weapons. A machine that might provide humans with all sorts of benefits, or decide that we're obsolete and the planet would be better off without us.

AT (not ET) is coming.

Doug

Only from the sacraments of hallucinogens they ingested.

Matthew 17:1-6 describes something that sounds an awful lot like a drug party.

Saccharus = sugar (Latin). Must have been something besides sugar in it. There should be enough in that description to identify the plant.

Doug

Matthew 17:1-6 describes something that sounds an awful lot like a drug party.

Saccharus = sugar (Latin). Must have been something besides sugar in it. There should be enough in that description to identify the plant.

Doug

Hyoscyamus Niger