Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1899 postcards reveal accurate predictions

Still Waters

These old postcards, created by artists more than a century ago, reveal the sometimes uncannily accurate predictions made of life in the 21st century.

9 postcards

https://uk.news.yaho...8334-slideshow/

• Like 2

You're right a lot of them are spot on.

Like my mobile manision. And that the sea only has 4 living animals left in it.....well one of those is true and the other is becoming increasingly more true.

• Like 3

The comment about the hydro-plane is wrong... We have hydrofoil boats, and aircushion craft, so I'd say they were pretty danged accurate with that one as well..

• Like 3

It's kind of interesting, but I've noticed that when people think ahead to what technology might be like in a hundred years or so, they are actually not too far off a lot of times...

But when they show what fashions will be like... Man do they get it wrong everytime!...

I was excited to see the picture of Mrs.E and myself on our 'Motarollaskate' honeymoon! (Happy memories)

• Like 1

The comment about the hydro-plane is wrong... We have hydrofoil boats, and aircushion craft, so I'd say they were pretty danged accurate with that one as well..

and yet we still don't have motorized skis that we can sail around on while we haul our dog on a tiny, tiny boat behind us. technology has failed, i tell you.

also, the artist did a good job on making the dog look very uncertain about the whole premise, on that postcard.

• Like 1

and yet we still don't have motorized skis that we can sail around on while we haul our dog on a tiny, tiny boat behind us. technology has failed, i tell you.

also, the artist did a good job on making the dog look very uncertain about the whole premise, on that postcard.

They exist...

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 1

I'd be interesting in seeing how many technological predictions made today will come true in 100 years. The amount of advancement we have made in the last 100 years has been nothing short of incredible and i'm sure the next 100 will be even moreso.

• Like 1