Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Hypnotist bandit' robs four banks in a month

UM-Bot

A robber who allegedly hypnotizes bank tellers in to giving him money is being pursued by police.

The mysterious thief appeared to rely not on guns, knives or other conventional weapons but on his strange hypnotic stare to steal money from at least four different banks across Manhattan over the last few weeks.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/268139/hypnotist-bandit-robs-four-banks-in-a-month

• Like 2

Well it is inevitable that if someone can capitalize on weaknesses and vulnerability in people by offering hypnotic suggestion, it was only going to be a matter of time before someone abused that ability for financial gain, human nature lol.

There is absolutely no hypnosis being used to rob the banks. That phrase was coined by his 'stare' only. He doesn't seem to talk, just passes a note to the cashiers..

• Like 3

Those bank workers should be checked for connection with the 'robber'. He could 'hypnotize' his friends to give him money but not someone he doesn't know - especially in bank :D

Maybe he's drop-dead gorgeous and the 'note' is the offer of a date. I do know this worked for Scotland's most infamous female bank robber, Betty Boobs.

• Like 2

There is absolutely no hypnosis being used to rob the banks. That phrase was coined by his 'stare' only. He doesn't seem to talk, just passes a note to the cashiers..

I think this just shows how compliant people are.

I hyptmotized my wife yesterday, I gave her a note that said, "please pick up some milk on the way home. " and she did it....Hooo Yaaaa! Sha Zam! just like that..... hypno-dado!

Edited by maximusnow

Hypnotization exists and is used by psychologist.

But this level is called "a voodoo"

Hypnotic trances only exist if the subject it willing to be so. Look up Penn & Teller's episode of BULLS__T! on the subject for more info.

Tellers are trained not to resist an attempted robbery. They are taught to comply with the robber's request because from the bank's point of view it's not worth a few thousand dollars to have one of it's employees shot. By staring directly at the teller the robber was ensuring that the teller wouldn't attempt to alert anyone of what he was doing until he was on his way out the door. The stare is for intimidation. No hypnosis needed.

If you can read this you are getting very sleepy. Now, Quack like a duck. Good duck.

• Like 1

Thinking of quitting smoking, article reminded of in local hypnotist advertising to quit by hypnosis. Good chance to see where he has been for the past few days. LOL

Lol and when the cops arrest him he'll be like 'these are not the droids you are looking for'.

• Like 2

"You are getting verrry sleeeepyyyy..."

That phrase was coined by his 'stare' only.

It must be an epic stare worthy of Chuck Norris.