Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two mystery canines terrorize Ontario

UM-Bot

A pair of unknown vicious dogs have been attacking people and evading police officers in Thornhill.

Regional authorities have been attempting without success to track down the canines which have to date been connected with several violent incidents. Two women have reportedly been bitten by the dogs while one man was said to have fended them off with a rake.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/268346/two-mystery-canines-terrorize-ontario

• Like 1

Who let the dogs out? - Baja Men

Oops, this isnt the fun and games section.

• Like 2

I hope the people that were bitten are getting Rabies treatments as a precaution.

Maybe they are the Canadian version of he Chupacabra?

Edited by paperdyer
  • Like 3

Wow..I can not believe how dumb people are these days..It's a coyote or just your average dog. Most people today can't even name you 5 dog breeds, why believe what the hell they say? Seriously this site is 98% bogus articles...I know exactly what it's alll about: Internet Traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by g00dfella

The coyote population around Toronto has been steadily increasing.

"Residents of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) share their greenspaces and waterways with a great diversity of wildlife. Coyotes (Canis latrans) are a relatively recent addition to this mix, having expanded their range over the last century in response to an increase in agriculture and forestry operations, as well as the extirpation of wolves from the area."

Who let the dogs out? - Baja Men

Oops, this isnt the fun and games section.

Nor is it the lame jokes section!

Canadians and Brits..can't tells a domestic animal from a wild one.

The coyote population around Toronto has been steadily increasing.

"Residents of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) share their greenspaces and waterways with a great diversity of wildlife. Coyotes (Canis latrans) are a relatively recent addition to this mix, having expanded their range over the last century in response to an increase in agriculture and forestry operations, as well as the extirpation of wolves from the area."

^ this.

My property borders state game land and we have plenty of Coyotes and plenty of Black Bear, not sure where the Deer went but it is a safe bet of over hunting and the Coyotes...

I suspect feral dogs. These animals are a problem in a lot of areas in the US and probably Canada. And you can lay all that on human irresponsibility in having their animals spayed or neutered.

Rebel dogs, p***ed off being pulled in lease and slavery , pooping only in designed places, enjoying the freedom and biting those fools that would go to pet them....

Howwwwwwwwww

why is this in Cryptozoology, Myths and Legends

it's a couple of feral dogs geez

Because from word to word carried over the story is becaming huge and distorted, so it becames a legend. In like 20 years, will have a chupacabra interbreeding with humans in Toronto under the secret approval of the major Rob Ford whom has just arrived back from dexintoxication Clinique.

Who let the dogs out...who who who....

Edited by qxcontinuum

Did the Police Car Camera get any decent Videos of the dogs?

Nor is it the lame jokes section!

Canadians and Brits..can't tells a domestic animal from a wild one.

Nor is it the "Lets make sweeping generalisations about the people of two countries (one of which, doesn't even have anything to do with the OP)" section!

• Like 1

Oh no! Its some kind of demon dog! -_-

Well, I live close to thornhill in toronto, I live in an apartment building beside the "green belt". I have seen a very large canine at night sniffing close to a road (its a road between protected patches of forest that runs over the don river out to the main road). It was just after sun down, and I got within 20 feet of it (because I am a freakishly quite walker, who has to cough or clear my throat before entering the kitchen lest I give my mother a heart attack), and I said outloud to myself "oh its a deer", and at that moment a large canine head shot up looking right at me. The description of german shepard is interesting. I think its more a mark of the size of the animal, but maybe also the shape. This thing was just out of the light I couldn't see the face or eyes, but its head was "wolf" or "husky" like, massive head and thick furry neck. I am 6'4 and over 200 pounds, but this was a big animal.

• Like 1

I just google "animals escaped from Toronto zoo" and boy , looks like every year there were a few; beers, wolfs, lemurs, etc...

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=AvOwU_LSL4aN8Qe_qYDoBQ&gws_rd=ssl#q=animal+escapes+from+toronto+zoo

Just sayin....

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1