Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgia Hot Car Death

Duelix

Yeah, something doesn't small right ... denial or conspiracy?

• Like 2

I can just see them spinning this into Casey Anthony 2.0, nancy grace needs to boost her ratings somehow. The best way to do it over the body of a dead child.

It's reported here that he Googled on how long it takes for a Dog to die in a locked car in the heat prior to the incident.

Godditit. Riighhht. Remorse does not equal absence of guilt.

• Like 1

I find it inconceivable that this man, responsible for taking his son to the daycare center, would just "forget" his son was in the car especially after apparently having breakfast with him at some restaurant.

Something is indeed amiss. I also find it almost sickening that the mother is just acting like it was all some sort of freakish accident but it is also possible she is putting up a front to to appease others. I don't know. It's just so horrible, can't imagine what the child was experiencing before he passed out.

• Like 1

All I know is when I look at that little boy's beautiful face and little smile, my heart hurts. I hope justice is served whatever that may turn out to be.

I saw today the mother is standing behind her husband.

I can't make a judgement because I can't see forgetting my child in a car, but it happens, by accident and it also happens on purpose. So again, I hope justice is served. Although nothing will make up for losing that little boy!

It would be horrific to be imprisoned for an inconceivable but tragic accident, and as a parent I know, unfortunately, accidents happen. Some far more tragic than others but they happen. Some parents put their kids at risk every day and it's just luck they get away with it.

If I had done this by accident I would probably want to be put in prison or at least live out my life that way.

But if he is guilty I'd hate to see him get off, smiling wife beside him, and have more kids he could abuse or kill.

Edited by QuiteContrary

there was a similar case a few years back involving a woman who forgot her child in the babyseat and when to work

it's incredibly tragic and you want to think that no one could ever forget something so important, but it happens and to be honest my heart goes out to this man and his family.

there's a lot of pain and grief to come.

• Like 2

I may be naive but it's inconceivable to me that a man would murder his own toddler in such a gruesome way. The wife fully supports him so my instinct is that it is just an accident. The bit about him researching time it takes for heat death to occur is VERY suspicious though. There was a case similar to this where I used to live a couple of years back. A grandfather did something completely out of his routine and was to drop his grandson at a daycare. it was July and the temp in the mid 90's that day. He discovered the tyke dead at the end of his work day. I had occasion to meet the man at my work place and I'm chilled to this day to think of the blankness in his eyes. It was a couple of weeks after the event and he seemed completely unhinged and lost. I felt so badly for him that I'll never forget it. I cannot imagine bearing that grief for the rest of my life. I saw an interesting idea online a couple days ago when this story broke. The idea was that any time one had a child in a car seat the driver should remover their left shoe and place it on the back seat next the car seat. No matter how distracted a person might become they'd never forget their shoe...

• Like 1

The number of people coming out to defend this man sickens me.

• Like 3

This is just one of those stories that kind of leave you at a loss for words....

So he left his kid in his car for hours? Because he forgot? Yea as a dad of a 19 month old boy its hard to forget that they are in there.

• Like 2

Like others here, I find the father's researching of "hot car deaths of children" online prior to the death of his own toddler in a hot car, to be particularly concerning. His excuse that he "...was fearful that this could happen." does not ring true to me.

And reports that the child had, just prior to it's death, been having difficulties sleeping and had to sleep in the marital bed leads me to wonder if this isn't a case of jealousy.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

so my instinct is that it is just an accident.

An "accident" huh?

So how does a father take the time to put his child in a car seat, go to a restaurant and take him out of the seat and have breakfast with him, put him back in the car seat and then promptly "forget" from one minute to the next that he had his kid with him and that he was supposed to take him to day care?

I just fail to see the "accident" in all this.

See...forgetting ice cream in a car and it melts (making a huge mess) is an accident. Bumping your coffee cup and spilling a bit of it is an accident but leaving your child in the car for hours? I just am not so eager to call it a slip-up.

Our children should be a priority and if one are SO busy and distracted that one cannot even take a few moments out of one's oh-so-important schedule to make sure they are safe then one needs to make other arrangements to ensure their safety.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 6

Just saw it reported both the dad and the mom had recently google searched this same topic....

Something is very ****ed up here!

Hard enough to believe the guy just forgot his child was out in the car for that amount of time,but both parents doing research on it beforehand?!!! :huh:

• Like 1

I am horrified. I'm a mother of two. Pretty much grown right now, and I hope that my husband and I ensured them a healthy upbringing, (and still planning to be there for them) I have always worry I would make those mistakes. Forget them in car seats, leave them somewhere, etc, etc, etc. But seriously, I tried very hard not to forget. My husband has always been extremely diligent in this as well. I can never ever fathom how one can forget their young child in a car seat. I really can't. I do not believe that both parents researched car deaths, cause they feared it. I feared it, I just would make sure I didn't do it. I am beginning to think something else is going on, and I hope we find out more. In the end, though, that poor child. It hurts my heart so much. :unsure2: :no:

• Like 2

I believe the reports that both mother and father "researched child deaths in hot cars" is a bit of a mix-up. The father told police during questioning he had made the searches, but now the mother is claiming it was she who made the searches.

So, it is not both who searched, but one 'covering' for the other.

If he had forgotten to drop the child at day-care, then why didn't day-care contact the parents asking about the absence?

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

I believe the reports that both mother and father "researched child deaths in hot cars" is a bit of a mix-up. The father told police during questioning he had made the searches, but now the mother is claiming it was she who made the searches.

So, it is not both who searched, but one 'covering' for the other.

I was wondering the same, in a sense, considering how quick I noticed the wife was quick to defend him. Even then, why would she, in my feeling? I wouldn't, but that's just me.
If he had forgotten to drop the child at day-care, then why didn't day-care contact the parents asking about the absence?

Good question, and one I hadn't thought of. Having had my children in various daycare when they were young, I wonder of the absence rule verses normal school absence rules. Do most daycare centers do that? I do remember daycare centers my children were in, and there were rules, that if my kid was not going to be in that day, to let them know. Then again, all these daycare centers were on military bases, where rules are stricter. But I have also noticed that daycare centers, despite federal regulations, differ from each center to the next, including off bases. And, are they following the same criteria as schools?

Either sadistically evil or horribly negligent.

None of that matters to that poor little baby now.

I just don't know how you'd ever 'forget' that you had a kid in the car.

• Like 3

http://news.sky.com/story/1291689/dad-researched-hot-car-deaths-before-son-died

Some quotes from the article:- "It has previously emerged that Mr Harris looked up animal deaths in cars and also visited the car while at work during the day before he said he discovered his son's body later."

"At lunchtime, the warrant added, Mr Harris returned to the vehicle and opened the driver's side door to place an item inside before going went back into his workplace.So he went back to a car that I assume has see though"

So, he clearly knew the kid was the car as he put him in the car seat, not like someone else did it behind his back. He then returned to the car later to put something in the car, or maybe he had a change of heart but it was too late? I assume his car has see though glass windows so it's not like he could not have seen the kid on that return trip. His only defense at this point would be to plead as the dumbest mother ****er in the world. But he has a job and can drive so he clearly is not that grossly incompetent. I have no idea why a man would murder his own son, I can only assume is mentally ill and some sort of psychopath.

Why the **** would someone research the how long it would take kids and animals to die when locked in a hot car? That's the smoking gun right there.

The only other I want to hear is if he was on psychiatric 'medication', cos some of that stuff should have been made illegal years ago. It makes people go crazy, so it's possible that he was suffering from some sort of dissociative disorder. Like he can still do every day tasks but reality takes on a weird dream like state and nothing seems real.

• Like 1

Either sadistically evil or horribly negligent.

None of that matters to that poor little baby now.

I just don't know how you'd ever 'forget' that you had a kid in the car.

I can see it happening.

This isn't at the same level, but it was horrifying to me. 4 years ago my wife and I hopped into the car to run an errand. Our Jack Russell wanted to go, so we let him in and he laid on the back seat. When we got home, we forgot about him. We found him a few hours later. He was dead.

We think about this all the time. Man it eats at me. But I can see how something can happen. It's a force of habit. Usually the dog never went anywhere with us. It wasn't the norm, so we just hopped out of the car and closed the doors.

• Like 3

I think there is going to be a lot more coming out of this case before it's over.

4 years ago my wife and I hopped into the car to run an errand. Our Jack Russell wanted to go, so we let him in and he laid on the back seat. When we got home, we forgot about him. We found him a few hours later. He was dead.

While I am very sorry about your dog this is not about a pet that just jumps into the car with you. We are speaking about a child that the father had to take the effort to put into a car seat, take him out so he could eat breakfast with his kid then put him back.

This is not about "forgetting" like you forget a piece of grocery.

• Like 2