Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange gut feeling/Intuition

Boji-Luna

Hi I'm new here and didn't know where else to ask this question that's been bothering me for a few months now...it's a bit long winded so I apologise in advance.

I'm usually quite good with my gut instinct/intuition. I can always tell whether a person is good or bad for me, I can tell when things are wrong and I can usually sense when something is about to happen in the near future whether it be good or bad and so on...but recently I've experienced a new sensation that I can't fully explain. In my life I've been able to "read/feel/sense" people and their intentions/feelings but this only happens with people I've met...until now!

Now I'm happily married and have been for several years. A few months ago my husband started talking to me about a work colleague of his. This colleague was going through a little low point (nothing serious...but it was clearly having an affect on him nonetheless) and the instant my husband started talking about him (just off the cuff mentions here and there) I felt this really strange sensation that I HAD to meet him, not in a "I want him instead of my husband" way...nothing like that but just an intense feeling that I just needed to meet him. This colleague was usually quiet at work so my husband made an attempt to get to know him better over the last few months and the more I hear about him the stronger this feeling has gotten, and I know its in no way a sexual/lustful feeling (I have seen a work picture of him and he just seems very normal...he's not an Adonis nor is he a toad). It sounds weird but I get a very strong wave like sensation in the area between by belly button and chest and I really can't explain why I'm feeling drawn to a person I've never met...I just can't explain it. It's a good feeling, like it will bring a type of contentment to my life, which I can't understand either as I'm very content as it is, there is also a deep level nurturing sensation there too which I can explain either.

Anyway i emailed him and invited him round for supper with myself and my husband and he's accepted...I'm a little nervous and curious at the same time...curious to finally meet this person who I've inexplicably felt drawn to and nervous as I'm not entirely sure why I'm having these sensations about a person I've not met.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening to me or why it is I'm feeling drawn to this person?...feels like a weird magnetic pull of energy.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to UM :)

It sounds like you've got intuition and these could be butterflies you're feeling. You might also be sensitive about other people. I'm sure someone else can offer a better explanation and there's bound to be someone who'll know exactly what you're feeling.

Good luck with the meeting.

I would be curious to know what your impressions of the person are after you meet them. Hope you update this thread, most people like to "Post and ghost", "Shoot and scoot".... Be nice if you remember to update.

Edited by iWitness
  • Like 4

'The Law Of Attraction'.

Be aware that he may have been using the law of attraction to get close to you. He probably saw a photo of you from your husband and might really desire you. Since then he has been practicing the Law of Attraction to get to you. People like that are very dangerous and IMO could be sociopaths! For instance Jodi Arias used it to keep getting poor old Travis Alexander back. Then in a fit or rage and jealousy she killed him and tried to cut his head off. People like that will stop at nothing to attain their goal which in this case is you. Be aware that if your husband is in the way he may murder your husband. He may already be trying to plant seeds of doubt in your husbands head to see what the chances are that he would ever leave you.

Or it could be that your husband has found a new broski, and is buzzing from the fact, you could be picking up on his buzz, like a contact high or something. But it's probably the 1st thing I said.

http://en.wikipedia....on_(New_Thought)

(For what it's worth I occasionally get weird vibes, and your post has triggered something in me that compels me to warn you that you could be in danger)

(I just had another weird thought, if your husband inexplicably losses his keys, do not get new keys cut, you must change your locks)

Edited by bulveye

Do please let us know how it goes. Also just go with your gut instinct and you'll probably be fine.

Hi I'm new here and didn't know where else to ask this question that's been bothering me for a few months now...it's a bit long winded so I apologise in advance.

I'm usually quite good with my gut instinct/intuition. I can always tell whether a person is good or bad for me, I can tell when things are wrong and I can usually sense when something is about to happen in the near future whether it be good or bad and so on...but recently I've experienced a new sensation that I can't fully explain. In my life I've been able to "read/feel/sense" people and their intentions/feelings but this only happens with people I've met...until now!

Now I'm happily married and have been for several years. A few months ago my husband started talking to me about a work colleague of his. This colleague was going through a little low point (nothing serious...but it was clearly having an affect on him nonetheless) and the instant my husband started talking about him (just off the cuff mentions here and there) I felt this really strange sensation that I HAD to meet him, not in a "I want him instead of my husband" way...nothing like that but just an intense feeling that I just needed to meet him. This colleague was usually quiet at work so my husband made an attempt to get to know him better over the last few months and the more I hear about him the stronger this feeling has gotten, and I know its in no way a sexual/lustful feeling (I have seen a work picture of him and he just seems very normal...he's not an Adonis nor is he a toad). It sounds weird but I get a very strong wave like sensation in the area between by belly button and chest and I really can't explain why I'm feeling drawn to a person I've never met...I just can't explain it. It's a good feeling, like it will bring a type of contentment to my life, which I can't understand either as I'm very content as it is, there is also a deep level nurturing sensation there too which I can explain either.

Anyway i emailed him and invited him round for supper with myself and my husband and he's accepted...I'm a little nervous and curious at the same time...curious to finally meet this person who I've inexplicably felt drawn to and nervous as I'm not entirely sure why I'm having these sensations about a person I've not met.

Does anyone have any idea as to what is happening to me or why it is I'm feeling drawn to this person?...feels like a weird magnetic pull of energy.

I believe Sometimes there are reasons sensitive people are placed in the lives of others. Congratulations to you for knowing how to listen. I am if the opinion that you will say something spark something or change his path somehow that may lead to healing. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

I believe Sometimes there are reasons sensitive people are placed in the lives of others. Congratulations to you for knowing how to listen. I am if the opinion that you will say something spark something or change his path somehow that may lead to healing. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Well that sound a lot more positive then mine. I think I went a bit over the top. Really do want hear back from the OP on this one.

• Like 1

Well that sound a lot more positive then mine. I think I went a bit over the top. Really do want hear back from the OP on this one.

Ahhhh self reflection, nothing wrong with that.. It's to easy to wright what's popping up in your mind and the different directions it flows to. I have done it myself too many times myself.

Welcome Boji-Luna , you are not alone on this site with people who have similar feelings as you have. Have you ever had any training in observing other peoples "Body Language", where you can tell whether a person is friendly or otherwise towards you , or does it come to you naturally.

Hi.

I've not had any training in observing people's body language etc, these feeling just come naturally.

I will remember to update once I've met the person! It's not for some days yet so please be patient...I mainly just wanted to understand why I was having such a strong sensation over a person I've not met.

Hi,

It sounds like a soul bond connection to me. There are many of us becoming more aware of things like this. The subconscious and thus your physical body remembers every past life relationship you have ever had. Most likely you can help this guy with some thing at this time.

John

Hi,

It sounds like a soul bond connection to me. There are many of us becoming more aware of things like this. The subconscious and thus your physical body remembers every past life relationship you have ever had. Most likely you can help this guy with some thing at this time.

John

I'm not familiar with soul bond connections. If, for arguments sake, is the reason why I have a strong feeling of energy does the other soul feel it too?

I think I'll have to do some research as I find this notion rather intriguing

I've had this happen twice, one time the attraction was to a couple I'd just met, after about 5 minutes I burst into tears because their presence comforted me so much. We never figured out why, unless it was a past life thing. It turned out to be a relatively short friendship, what I was experiencing was a one-sided thing; they did not feel the same attraction to me that I did to them. The same thing happened the second time; both times I was the one experiencing the attraction, not them.

I'm not familiar with soul bond connections. If, for arguments sake, is the reason why I have a strong feeling of energy does the other soul feel it too?

I think I'll have to do some research as I find this notion rather intriguing

Hi,

I find that more often than not the awareness level of another person is not identical to my own. Yes is your are intrigued than follow your inclinations. As spirit beings we do have eternal history that will never fit inside the human brain.

John

Yes. Quite.

It's just too bad that the person experiencing that draw often misses it or foresakes it for fear or some other such blockade.

I didn't read the other replies, but could your husband possibly be gay with this man? I'm an empath with psychic abilities. From the start of your story I was getting more of the attraction between the two men vs you and him. You could be sensing more of an insecurity. I've been known to be wrong a time or two.