Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amelia Earhart

Hammerclaw

What would the summer silly season be without our favorite lost lady? http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/07/01/photo-may-offer-crucial-clue-in-amelia-earhart-mystery-report/

• Like 3

Maybe we have a solved mystery.

• Like 1

Found her.

PacificOcean.jpg

I'd probably have better luck spotting Nessie.

• Like 2

Ancient Aliens teamed up with Big Foot to hide all evidence of the plane :alien:

• Like 2

Love the Earhart mystery ever since my parent told me stories of her landing in a village near by in (south) Wales...

• Like 2

A picture of the plane showing the repair.....

post-77721-0-27103900-1404308467_thumb.j

• Like 5

She may have lived for years on one of those pacific islands. You would assume considering her career that she would oh had at least some survival knowledge.

If the island had a source of fresh water, it's perfecty feasable.

• Like 5

It's sobering to think that Glen Miller's plane went down in the English Channel, a much, much smaller body of water, yet has never been found.

• Like 8

She may have lived for years on one of those pacific islands. You would assume considering her career that she would oh had at least some survival knowledge.

If the island had a source of fresh water, it's perfecty feasable.

This assumes she survived the crash without being seriously injured.

Its a pity its too expensive and complex to haul special cameras and high resolution cameras over the entire sea bed. I think a lot of mysteries would be solved plus a few more discovered. As for how long the aluminium would last in salt water I don't know. Engines would last longer I would have thought. To be quite honest I reckon the only thing that would be left of that plane now would be the window glass and teeth. However, whilst writing this I found myself wondering if the US military had already covered the area with radar and cameras and won't say anything to keep what they have a secret.

• Like 1

If the rivet pattern matches, It would surely be from her aircraft. But where is the rest of the plane? I mean maybe this was a piece that broke loose during a water landing, then washed ashore.

• Like 4

Love the Earhart mystery ever since my parent told me stories of her landing in a village near by in (south) Wales...

Didn't realise that,which village was it?

If the rivet pattern matches, It would surely be from her aircraft. But where is the rest of the plane? I mean maybe this was a piece that broke loose during a water landing, then washed ashore.

I would think other parts of the plane could be found in surrounding waters, but it's been allot of years. I think if the rivet pattern matched, then paired with other evidence found on the island, we could safely declare this island the last place Emilia lived.

• Like 4

Guess those TIGHAR guys are about to launch another funding push.

No, really, we're gonna find her THIS time.

• Like 4

Guess those TIGHAR guys are about to launch another funding push.

No, really, we're gonna find her THIS time.

I'm not sure that they've done anything useful in finding where she died. I think they just collect the funding and go on tropical vacations.

• Like 4

Porth Tywyn.
  • Like 2

The lady who claimed to be her turned out to be a hoax.maybe this is her plane

This assumes she survived the crash without being seriously injured.

Who says she crashed?

It's only a supposition, there has been no evidence to substantiate this.

I saw a documentary on this and the doc said that her plance crashed on a Pacific Island. She and her companion survived but they were captured by soldiers occupying the island and tortured then murdered then buried, as they were believed to have been spies. A young girl (now an old woman) who was in the documentary, witnessed it and said her scarf fell off and it got buried under the dirt and it got left. Of course the people behind the documentary got permission to dig and they did and they found the scarf but no body. I think it was there but has since been moved by a secret government organisation. I am not saying the documentary was 100% accurate, it probably wasn't but it was the best one to date that explained her disappearance. Not sure if they got DNA from the scarf, i imagine not. In fact, it was probably a tribesman's underpant that he dropped.

Hope the mystery could be solved but remember its Fox news reporting. LOL. I know there are other sources.

Edited by gatekeeper32

I ask myself, what I would take in my survival kit, if I were stranded on a deserted island like she may have been. I wonder if she had any emergency gear. She would need a way to boil sea water to distill it into drinking water, if done correct it could be an indefinite supply. She could have used Food rations ,22 pistol and ammo, fishing gear, bird snares, Cast net, snorkel gear, Knives, plastic, cordage, multiple fire starters, signal flares, mirror, and first aid with vitamin supplements. The list is complex and large but it would have all fit into a mid-size flotation back pack. It is better to not need it and have it, than need it and not have it.

I ask myself, what I would take in my survival kit, if I were stranded on a deserted island like she may have been. I wonder if she had any emergency gear. She would need a way to boil sea water to distill it into drinking water, if done correct it could be an indefinite supply. She could have used Food rations ,22 pistol and ammo, fishing gear, bird snares, Cast net, snorkel gear, Knives, plastic, cordage, multiple fire starters, signal flares, mirror, and first aid with vitamin supplements. The list is complex and large but it would have all fit into a mid-size flotation back pack. It is better to not need it and have it, than need it and not have it.

I know what I'd take. A volleyball and name it Wilson. :w00t:

post-103357-0-01286500-1404444074_thumb.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Porth Tywyn.

Actually it's called on maps should you google it or whatever "Burry Port" (although Anglicised) and in Welsh it's Porth Tywyn... district of Llanelli (where I'm from).

Strange local fact/ knowledge of this is that she actually landed in the hamlet/ village before Burry Port = Pwll (which is Welsh for Pool) and they moved the plane to Burry Port (really not that far) because no-one could pronounce Pwll (unpronounced properly is hilariously funny and more of a failed whistle attempted than a word)!!!!

Growing up, this was a big thing for the area and hearing of stories made me interested in strange and unexplained events which started me off in my thirst for explaining the things unknown to us!