Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorius trial grinds on.

George Ford

Watching it live now, and the defense is trying to give some evidence based on some dodgy experiment about 'people being shocked and startled when expecting it and how they become startled', they are basically saying that Oscar got startled and involuntary shot the gun. I call bull crap, no way he 'accidentally' fired 4 times.

I can not stand to even look at him, every thing he says and does in court has been, IMO, a cold and calculated act.

(When the trial is happening it is broadcast live on this internet news site:- http://www.enca.com/oscartrial/

remember that it is South African time)

Edited by bulveye
  • Like 1

I believe his remorse is genuine - he is genuinely sorry to find himself in this predicament as a result of his self serving actions and temper.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

Watching it live now, and the defense is trying to give some evidence based on some dodgy experiment about 'people being shocked and startled when expecting it and how they become startled', they are basically saying that Oscar got startled and involuntary shot the gun. I call bull crap, no way he 'accidentally' fired 4 times.

I can not stand to even look at him, every thing he says and does in court has been, IMO, a cold and calculated act.

(When the trial is happening it is broadcast live on this internet news site:- http://www.enca.com/oscartrial/

remember that it is South African time)

Looking over the case then it could go either way as to whether the prosecution have established a convincing motive for premeditated murder. Reports of arguments and his past gun hoe ways paint a picture of a volatile individual.

Whatever the ruling on premeditated murder he is guilty of at least manslaughter. Thats because the self-defence laws in South Africa state that you can only shoot to kill in self-defence. Someone in your bathroom, who you can't see behind a closed door, who you don't know is a dangerous intruder or not, isn't a known threat. Therefore you don't have the right to empty the cartridges through the door and thats if you believe his story.

Maybe a bit of jealousy over his girlfriends ex-boyf, an argument, she mocks him for having no legs, he snaps and shoots her! It could happen.

5 years for the manslaughter, 10 for ordinary murder in the heat of the moment or 15 for premeditated. He won't get more as he is remorseful.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 3

I don't know what to think. I do think he's probably guilty but I had a friend from South Africa and He said if you wake up in the middle of the night there and you think someones in your house, You grab a gun and think later.

Something doesn't add up in this case though, Maybe Oscars playing on that part of it, Coming from such a dangerous country.

That doesn't actually translate well on screen, But I know what i meant!

Not trying to defend him at all, Just hearing some of my friends stories about life out there has made me think.

Edited by SheWomanCatTypeThing
  • Like 1

I don't know what to think. I do think he's probably guilty but I had a friend from South Africa and He said if you wake up in the middle of the night there and you think someones in your house, You grab a gun and think later.

Something doesn't add up in this case though, Maybe Oscars playing on that part of it, Coming from such a dangerous country.

That doesn't actually translate well on screen, But I know what i meant!

The problems in South Africa are real but if I woke up in the middle of the night due to a noise in the bathroom I wouldn't think it was an intruder, especially not when I live with someone.

• Like 1

The problems in South Africa are real but if I woke up in the middle of the night due to a noise in the bathroom I wouldn't think it was an intruder, especially not when I live with someone.

Yeah I do know what you're saying and I agree, I was just thinking out loud really.

• Like 1

Not to mention they're missing in the bed next to you

• Like 3

Not to mention they're missing in the bed next to you

Mind you, I do like to let my other half fall asleep on the sofa so I can have the bed to myself.

Mind you, I do like to let my other half fall asleep on the sofa so I can have the bed to myself.

I sleep on the couch all the time.

But I would still check where family members or someone as good looking as Reeva was before letting go with a pistol.

I saw his re-enactment on 60 minutes on Sunday night. Personally, I do not believe him for one second. I do not know that it was premeditated, but I do not believe it was an accident either.

Reeva's mother forgave him, I could not do that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10950458/Oscar-Pistorius-trial-Australias-Channel-Seven-defends-broadcasting-legally-obtained-re-enactment.html

above site has a clip of him moving fast without his legs on, I'm pretty sure he said he couldn't move that fast.

Anyway, the trial is adjourned now until August 7th

• Like 1

Even if he is found not guilty, Pistorious, his defence team, and their witnesses, made a complete mess of his case.

http://www.telegraph...-enactment.html

above site has a clip of him moving fast without his legs on, I'm pretty sure he said he couldn't move that fast.

Anyway, the trial is adjourned now until August 7th

Good link mate - I saw the very footage on Sunday night, it was in the 60 minutes show. What is weird is that link says Chanel seven aired it, maybe they did, but I saw it on channel nine.

His lawyers are very upset at this, they have been arguing limited mobility, which this footage contradicts.

Nope, do not believe him for one second. The more we learn, the less credibility he has.

I call bull crap

I hope the little creep is sent down for a very long time!

Even if he is found not guilty, Pistorious, his defence team, and their witnesses, made a complete mess of his case.

Nope, do not believe him for one second. The more we learn, the less credibility he has.

seeing as oscar pistorious hasn't got a leg to a leg to stand on, maybe rolf harris could lend him his extra one....

(too soon...?)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

seeing as oscar pistorious hasn't got a leg to a leg to stand on, maybe rolf harris could lend him his extra one....

(too soon...?)

Just call Jake The Ped!!!

Sorry, I meant Peg.

I have to say I am stunned. I never would ever have picked Rolf to do the wrong thing, not in a million years. And yet Marilyn Manson seems a pretty decent bloke. What a funny world this is huh? Full of surprises, like I would never in a million years have figured Michael Jackson would die before Keith Richards!!

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1