Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

gorgeous snakes

msmike1

I can see the beauty - but my stomach still clenched in fear and unease just the same.

Fact is, they have a faster reaction time to humans, are easily spooked and even if not poisonous, their bite would hurt like all heck. Yep, they scare me.

I've always heard bright colored animals serve as a warning to other animals to leave them alone. Yet, for humans, we are attracted to their beauty, not repelled. Repelled by snakes for other reasons, but not their coloring, per say.

Knowing phrases like "red touches yellow you're a dead fellow" could sure contribute to someone's response to a coral snake, but I mean in general it seems we are inately attracted to pretty bright colored animals.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I love snakes and those are all gorgeous... I didn't know there were iridescent snakes...

Drool+Rainbows+HD.png

• Like 1

I don't fear snakes and those pictures are awesome. The emerald ones are gorgeous.

The Blue Racer I liked best, but I'm not a fan of snakes.

The Iridescent Shieldtail was absolutely stunning. Never seen such pretty colors.

Myself I like snakes; I was never taught to hate or fear them but to respect them.

So many colors, so many shiny scales...nature can be cool sometimes.

I don't mind snakes. I won't handle one but I don't have a phobia of them. They're not pests but some get into people's houses looking for mice and rats. Especially chicken snakes, which can get pretty long. They're not venomous but they can bite the stuffing out of you if you try to catch them. LOL.

I can see the beauty - but my stomach still clenched in fear and unease just the same.

Fact is, they have a faster reaction time to humans, are easily spooked and even if not poisonous, their bite would hurt like all heck. Yep, they scare me.

Most snakes do indeed have a faster reaction time to humans, they are easily spooked which puts the vast majority of them going the opposite direction as fast as their bellies will carry them, and non-venomous snake bites really don't hurt that bad. Believe me I've been bitten by many of them, my own fault as I was catching them, and it is less painful than a shot at the doctor. Truth be known they serve a very important function in nature and without them it would not be a pretty world to live in. Respect them, but don't fear them. I detest the way people intentionally try to run them over, killing every snake they see just because its a snake.

Mike

Most snakes do indeed have a faster reaction time to humans, they are easily spooked which puts the vast majority of them going the opposite direction as fast as their bellies will carry them, and non-venomous snake bites really don't hurt that bad. Believe me I've been bitten by many of them, my own fault as I was catching them, and it is less painful than a shot at the doctor. Truth be known they serve a very important function in nature and without them it would not be a pretty world to live in. Respect them, but don't fear them. I detest the way people intentionally try to run them over, killing every snake they see just because its a snake.

Mike

Well, you obviously don't live in Australia where it is well known our snakes along with most of our spiders are all actively trying to kill us. :yes:

• Like 1

Well, you obviously don't live in Australia where it is well known our snakes along with most of our spiders are all actively trying to kill us. :yes:

You are most definitely correct. I do not live in Australia. If I did, I would be hesitant to touch so much as a plant, as it probably has venomous spines that would shoot out and impale me in the eyeball. All joking aside, I have always been fascinated with australia's wildlife, reptiles mainly. Although it is a bit different from here in the states, as our venomous reptile species pale in comparison to yours. Ours, while some are venomous, are not hell bent on human destruction.

Mike

• Like 1

those are indeed some beautiful snakes.

the thing with all animals is that they have their own rules. if you're going to be around that animal, you should follow those rules.

While the Green Tree Python does look rather cute curled up, I think I'd still rather have 20 Super Cute Koalas Snoozing Away. :blush:

• Like 1

man, koala's always look sinister to me. something that cute, you know that they're planning something.

I know most people, me not included, fear and loath these serpents. Truth be known the vast majority of the fear is completely unfounded.

Check out these examples of some of the most beautiful animals on earth.

Mike

http://scribol.com/e...kes-on-earth/12

Not a fan of them in general actually, but those, i must say, are very pretty snakes! :tu:

Mike

The only one's I don't kill are the Garter snakes. I don't like poisonous ones near my house.

The only one's I don't kill are the Garter snakes. I don't like poisonous ones near my house.

While I don't agree with it, I can see your point of killing venomous snakes near your home. Now, Garter snakes are only one species of snake, that leaves many more very beneficial as well as completely harmless snakes that you kill for no aparent reason other than you don't like them.

Mike

While I don't agree with it, I can see your point of killing venomous snakes near your home. Now, Garter snakes are only one species of snake, that leaves many more very beneficial as well as completely harmless snakes that you kill for no aparent reason other than you don't like them.

Mike

In Northern Indiana where I am, we don't have many varieties that are commonplace. So the ones I will kill are copperheads, eastern and northern rattlers and cottonmouths. Other than those, Garters are about all that is seen.