Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

MavSynchroid

This thread is b=====ks.It is hypnogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations. Have a nice drink before you got to bed, like Horlicks or rum, or a nice partner and it will go away!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is where I could find an answer. I experience very slight movements on my bed (shooting star memory foam mattress on a metal 4 piece frame with a cross bar on a wood floor 2nd story appartment) around 3 am every night. I have ruled out psychological because my wife felt it too. The movement happens steadily and may stop after around 5-10 minutes or continue till we fall asleep. This has been going on for six months. I live about 1000 feet from a transformer station too. Like I said I'm not really sure if I can get my answers here but figured I'd add my experience to the bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello turns out your not alone this started happening to me a week ago. I also am wide awake when it starts and it keeps me from sleep. It's like a cruel joke. This morning I desired to look it up and found your posting. I do believe in the paranormal as I been tormented since I was a kid in 30 now. This doesn't seem to be evil just a joker of some sort. But like you said its almost on command when thought about. I almost thought I might be developing the ability to levitate. Tell me how are you doing with this nowadays.

• Like 1

Hmm. The number of one-shot posters isn't suspicious at all - neither is the fact that not one of these folks has bothered to try to record it. Sigh.

So I shall put the same amount of effort in, and offer the following ..

I don't care, and this is probably all made up.

It happens to us as well. The shaking, pressing down on the mattress, and the tugging at the blanket or even touching or poking us. People like the sleep paralysis explanation because it makes them feel comfortable, but we have both experienced these things at the same time, and we have experienced a lot of other phenomena, as well. Sometimes it will feel like something unseen is pushing the mattress down in different spots underneath our bodies.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

This happened to me twice when I lived in another house years ago. The house was a rented maisonette and I had other strange experiences there: sounds of someone walking along the corridor when the house is empty except for myself, voices appearing behind me saying my name, and laughter in my room, when no one else is in there. I've seen a ball of light appear in the other room and twice a flash of light happened in the same room with a loud noise as if someopne clapping. I've felt someone shaking the bottom of the bed, along with the sensation of a hand thumping the bed frame, as if someone was actually trying to get my attention. No I wasn't asleep. I wasn't always asleep.

I since discovered that the house goes back two hundred year or more and some of the objects in the house, including a door leading to a room in the corridor belonged to an old Victorian railways station.

This is an indication of spirits, OP.

Elevated heart rate can cause a bed to seem like its shaking but it's actually you.

Noticed how recent this post is, so decided to make an account on this forum ..

The same as most people described above is happening to me, I also suffer from SP quite often, and usually see the shadow people, feel like i Cant breathe and someone is trying to suffocate me, right now is around 1am, and i feel like my bed is just moving,and i feel like the top of my brain, my forehead is vibrating which makes me think it is indeed psychologic and its just my head working too much.. I recently got a cat, my first cat ever, she sleeps with me in my bed. When i first got her i went and read everything about cats, What obviously came up and got my attention was That they could sense spirits.. I usually notice my cat Just staring at the blue for quite some time, when theres nothing or no one there that i could see, she also meows at the empty, could this things be related?

• Like 2

The same as most people described above is happening to me, I also suffer from SP quite often, and usually see the shadow people, feel like i Cant breathe and someone is trying to suffocate me, right now is around 1am, and i feel like my bed is just moving,and i feel like the top of my brain, my forehead is vibrating which makes me think it is indeed psychologic and its just my head working too much.. I recently got a cat, my first cat ever, she sleeps with me in my bed. When i first got her i went and read everything about cats, What obviously came up and got my attention was That they could sense spirits.. I usually notice my cat Just staring at the blue for quite some time, when theres nothing or no one there that i could see, she also meows at the empty, could this things be related?

I think it's a possibility, but then again, cats just do weird things, too.

• Like 1

Hello, welcome to UM,

Sleep paralysis is often associated with seeing shadow creatures or other 'evil' entities in the room with with the victim. Many people have reported the creature sitting on their chest which then causes them difficulty in breathing. But there are also medical conditions that can cause difficulty breathing whilst asleep such as 'Sleep Apnea'. You should consider seeking medical advice or getting a health check up to make sure that is not a medical problem.

Also, I suggest everyone gets a Carbon Monoxide alarm (as well as smoke alarm), especially anyone that is suffering from paranormal events. Carbon Monoxide is known to cause problems breathing and also make people feel they are experiencing supernatural events.

If you sleep on your back, consider using pillows to prop you in a position that makes you sleep on your side or front, that stops SP from happening to me altogether!

As for your cat, I don't know if it can see 'entities', but it's a cat and sometimes they just act weird for no reason.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've had this experience before. Almost every night for a long time it would feel like little fingers pushing lightly at the foot of my bed, sometimes a little shake. I would check to make sure it wasn't my cats every time and I am positive it was not. One time at night I was sitting Indian style on my bed (around eight or nine) just looking at a book or something) and there was this mild-moderately violent action happening under my bottom. It was under my mattress, not the box spring. That would be a completely different experience. I looked directly down towards the hole shaped from the position of my legs out of surprise and my body was rocking back and forth as it felt like little fists were pushing my mattress from underneath. Happened for about 15 second then stopped. On two occasions years before this I felt someone or something sitting on my feet at night but could not see them/it. And lastly, one time something crawled on top of me and straddled me at my ex boyfriend house when he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth before we went to sleep. I could also see the indentations right next to both my hips where some of the pressure was. I have had other experiences but these are most relevant to this post.

Hello all you new people and welcome to UM. It seems like this thread was started a while back.

Anyways, I'm curious if any of you that feel this shaking have ever been seen by a doctor to rule out any sort of seizure. This may sound odd to you but I can promise you not all seizures are the Grand Mal nature or type (the very bad seizures). There is another type of seizure called the Petit Mal and some of you may be experiencing this...these seizures can be as subtle as rapid eye blinking to being wide awake and experiencing trembling and shaking. This might be happening while in your bed or on the sofa making it *seem* like the bed or sofa is shaking.

Anyways, just a thought. Good luck to all of you.

Yes. I a actually have a seizure disorder... Called epilepsy. We have completed control and understanding of my condition. I am completely aware when these experiences happen, completely lucid. It is my connection to another dimension or spiritual being. I know my body and my seizure types. I've had it for a very long time. I can differentiate.

• Like 2

Elevated heart rate can cause a bed to seem like its shaking but it's actually you.

I believe that. I experienced bed shaking and at first it was pretty scary. The shaking started out mild and then built up to the point of being nearly ridiculous. It was obvious to me it was not in my head. The only rational explanation I could come up with was that it was caused by my own heart beat. I don't think it was anything super natural.

Edited by Razer
  • Like 1

Yes. I a actually have a seizure disorder... Called epilepsy. We have completed control and understanding of my condition. I am completely aware when these experiences happen, completely lucid. It is my connection to another dimension or spiritual being. I know my body and my seizure types. I've had it for a very long time. I can differentiate.

I'm not sure what else to tell you. I really hope you figure this out soon. Good luck to you :tu:

I believe that. I experienced bed shaking and at first it was pretty scary. The shaking started out mild and then built up to the point of being nearly ridiculous. It was obvious to me it was not in my head. The only rational explanation I could come up with was that it was caused by my own heart beat. I don't think it was anything super natural.

That's wild. I've never experienced anything like this. I bet it was nerve wracking. That's a good thought though. Never thought of it being a heart beat.

I've had my share of SP shadow people but theyve never shaken the bed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to this site. For the past few months I've experienced the bed shaking and covers being tugged at as well. An internet search led me to this forum. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has this type of thing happen to them. As for myself, I think it could be one of many things(or a combination). It could be in my head (although it feels as real as anything else I experience, so I doubt this). I've thought of sleep paralysis but sometimes it happens when I'm wide awake in bed thinking about things and have not gone to sleep yet. Most times it happens in the middle of the night though and it feels like a physical presence, and it goes on long after it has awakened me. I live in earthquake territory and right now I'm telling myself it's just a little earthquake-we get tiny earthquakes a lot here in Oklahoma. I used to think it was my husband, but when I Iooked over to his side when I felt the movement he was still and sound asleep. Also there is a train which runs by here quite often. But these things never happened in the place we used to live before now, and the train was even nearer then. I never see anything, it's all movement. It feels like when I had pets and they would get on the bed. I've mentioned it to my husband and he says he has never felt a thing, but he is a deeper sleeper than me. I hear that we go to the astral worlds when we sleep and maybe it bleeds over a bit into the physical perhaps. One night, it I was jolted awake because it felt like part of me was coming back into my body through my feet(I know that sounds odd but that's how it felt). I would accept that there would be a physical explanation for that. but not the movement of the bed and the tugging on the covers, sometimes when I am wide awake.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi my name is ashish and I am 32 from India.. A healthy individual, around 3 weeks back I started feeling like what you are feeling right now.. Initially I thought its because of the exercise I started month because of that there is muscle twitching or might be some palpation or might be blood pressure.. But wen I checked my bp it was fine.. Initially I felt it wen I was laying in the bed .. I sleep in nylon palang ( you can check it in Google what nylon palang is ) due to slight pain in my lower back. So one day when was lying on palang and watching video and reading on my mobile I felt someone is moving on the palang and like someone is pushing up from back of the palang and I felt goosebumps and heavyness in my heart as I got afraid .. I sleep alone in 2nd floor of my house .. But as I am rational so I associated this with lot of things like acl and fibro and might be smoking or palpation due to exercise so I stopped gyming and I thought as is started gyming last week this may be because of that..but it didn't stopped . everyday when I a

Was lying on the bed I felt the same I thought it might be earthquake, there was a earth quake in Nepal some 3 weeks back, next morning I asked my mother who lives with my dad in 1st floor that was there a earthquake last night she said no. So next day again wen I was reading on my mobile I felt the same but this time I decided to feel it more and thought I will not get afraid and I will see what will happen next, so the same thing was happening pushing from inside and I was shaken .. So i got up and open the light and around 2-3 clock on the night I tried to find that is there any earthquake.. But there was nothing .. So I went downstairs and I slept on the bed near my father and mothers room.. It stopped there.. Just little bit of feeling on the bed downstairs. Next morning I shared this with my step mother. She said it is my imagination.. But she got bit afraid so she asked me to worship.. Next day again this happened so went in another room in my flood and slept in the bed.. I again felt the same.. And next day I shared it with my mother.. While she was worshipping she light incense stick and gave it to me to keep it on 2nd floor..I am Hindu and I don't worship .. However do believe in god. This doesn't stopped happening .. So I started sleeping in the other rooms bed.. And didn't shared this with my parents as I thought they will think that I am weak or they will think that m getting mad.. I at times felt like someone is rubbing hand in the palang and I heard the sound twice or thrice. Automatically while lying In the bed I felt goosebumps and vibration and palpation in my body.. It doesn't happen in the day.. It might be because I might be occupied by other things so I dint focus on these things.. But at times during the day while I am lying in palang I felt the same.. Last night it again happened I felt pressure in my calf muscle so I got up from the palang and started chanting mantra and went inside other room to sleep in bed now it is happening in the bed so I played a god song and plugged in the earphones and slept. As it happening and very prominent I searched today for articles what happens if the spirit is near you.. And then I found your article its really soothing that i am not alone to feel what is happening. I am feeling the same movement in the bed and palang when I am lying and typing .. And even in the bathroom goosebumps and heavyness is there.. I today tried to talk to the spirit by saying I know you are here and if you want to tell me something.. Tell me .. I asked to press my legs.. I felt 20,30 light pressure in my legs its not one time.. It happened several times every time I asked.. I am trying to rationalise it with muscle twitching and palpation.. But it is prominent. I also tried to rationalise it with 2-3 cigarette I smoke.. But it never happened before .. As I talked with it today.. I feel more things like I asked to give me some sign I heard a scratch in the palang and there was nobody in the room and in the floor.. And I am saying I heard it as clear as water.. Everything was silent and the sound was clear.. But I feel there is something and today as I acknowledged it .. I am feeling more shaking not just in palang and bed but also like someone is walking in the bed .. Light pressure in different parts of the bed.. And while I am writing this I am feeling goosebumps in my body as if something is near my body.. I don't know what is happening .. Why automatically goosebumps..shiverness.. And shaking happens in one part of my body and the next moment it is gone.. Since morning I heard some dropping sounds which are not that loud but no one is on my floor.. It is happening during the daytime .. And m not laying, I am sitting on a wooden chair.. It feels like someone is very near to me and at times I feel very slight push in body from any direction.. Hey I don't know what to say.. But I am just trying to rationalise this with some solid reason for this happening. If you would like to talk to me.. Here is my what's app no. +919450141018. And if u can let me know the reason behind this. I will be grateful. And that's great that you are not afraid with what is happening because even if it is a mental issue than also I am concerned coz I am healthy .. And I read lot of good knowledgeable stuff.. And I watch TV for just 1 or 2 hours which includes cricket and daily soaps with my mother and father. Don't watch to much action or horror movies as I don't get that much time for it.

Hi my name is ashish and I am 32 from India.. A healthy individual, around 3 weeks back I started feeling like what you are feeling right now.. Initially I thought its because of the exercise I started month because of that there is muscle twitching or might be some palpation or might be blood pressure.. But wen I checked my bp it was fine.. Initially I felt it wen I was laying in the bed .. I sleep in nylon palang ( you can check it in Google what nylon palang is ) due to slight pain in my lower back. So one day when was lying on palang and watching video and reading on my mobile I felt someone is moving on the palang and like someone is pushing up from back of the palang and I felt goosebumps and heavyness in my heart as I got afraid .. I sleep alone in 2nd floor of my house .. But as I am rational so I associated this with lot of things like acl and fibro and might be smoking or palpation due to exercise so I stopped gyming and I thought as is started gyming last week this may be because of that..but it didn't stopped . everyday when I a

Was lying on the bed I felt the same I thought it might be earthquake, there was a earth quake in Nepal some 3 weeks back, next morning I asked my mother who lives with my dad in 1st floor that was there a earthquake last night she said no. So next day again wen I was reading on my mobile I felt the same but this time I decided to feel it more and thought I will not get afraid and I will see what will happen next, so the same thing was happening pushing from inside and I was shaken .. So i got up and open the light and around 2-3 clock on the night I tried to find that is there any earthquake.. But there was nothing .. So I went downstairs and I slept on the bed near my father and mothers room.. It stopped there.. Just little bit of feeling on the bed downstairs. Next morning I shared this with my step mother. She said it is my imagination.. But she got bit afraid so she asked me to worship.. Next day again this happened so went in another room in my flood and slept in the bed.. I again felt the same.. And next day I shared it with my mother.. While she was worshipping she light incense stick and gave it to me to keep it on 2nd floor..I am Hindu and I don't worship .. However do believe in god. This doesn't stopped happening .. So I started sleeping in the other rooms bed.. And didn't shared this with my parents as I thought they will think that I am weak or they will think that m getting mad.. I at times felt like someone is rubbing hand in the palang and I heard the sound twice or thrice. Automatically while lying In the bed I felt goosebumps and vibration and palpation in my body.. It doesn't happen in the day.. It might be because I might be occupied by other things so I dint focus on these things.. But at times during the day while I am lying in palang I felt the same.. Last night it again happened I felt pressure in my calf muscle so I got up from the palang and started chanting mantra and went inside other room to sleep in bed now it is happening in the bed so I played a god song and plugged in the earphones and slept. As it happening and very prominent I searched today for articles what happens if the spirit is near you.. And then I found your article its really soothing that i am not alone to feel what is happening. I am feeling the same movement in the bed and palang when I am lying and typing .. And even in the bathroom goosebumps and heavyness is there.. I today tried to talk to the spirit by saying I know you are here and if you want to tell me something.. Tell me .. I asked to press my legs.. I felt 20,30 light pressure in my legs its not one time.. It happened several times every time I asked.. I am trying to rationalise it with muscle twitching and palpation.. But it is prominent. I also tried to rationalise it with 2-3 cigarette I smoke.. But it never happened before .. As I talked with it today.. I feel more things like I asked to give me some sign I heard a scratch in the palang and there was nobody in the room and in the floor.. And I am saying I heard it as clear as water.. Everything was silent and the sound was clear.. But I feel there is something and today as I acknowledged it .. I am feeling more shaking not just in palang and bed but also like someone is walking in the bed .. Light pressure in different parts of the bed.. And while I am writing this I am feeling goosebumps in my body as if something is near my body.. I don't know what is happening .. Why automatically goosebumps..shiverness.. And shaking happens in one part of my body and the next moment it is gone.. Since morning I heard some dropping sounds which are not that loud but no one is on my floor.. It is happening during the daytime .. And m not laying, I am sitting on a wooden chair.. It feels like someone is very near to me and at times I feel very slight push in body from any direction.. Hey I don't know what to say.. But I am just trying to rationalise this with some solid reason for this happening. If you would like to talk to me.. Here is my what's app no. +919450141018. And if u can let me know the reason behind this. I will be grateful. And that's great that you are not afraid with what is happening because even if it is a mental issue than also I am concerned coz I am healthy .. And I read lot of good knowledgeable stuff.. And I watch TV for just 1 or 2 hours which includes cricket and daily soaps with my mother and father. Don't watch to much action or horror movies as I don't get that much time for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember a time when the whole room was lit up and someone who stood as tall as the doorway was talking to me. The light was to bright to make out who or what was standing in the door way...but, it did communicate by talking to my mind. Any way, some years later on a family trip, my siblings were talking and I mentioned this to them about the particular room we slept in when we were younger. Two siblings mentioned that the bed in this same room I had my incident would start shaking and awaken them in the night. I myself didn't have the bed shake on me though.

Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 1

PUSHING! PUSHING! THIS IS THE FIRST POST THAT INCLUDES THE PUSHING TOO!

My experience started with an upwards pushing through my mattress, which was not on any frame. It felt like a raccoon under/in my mattress. That happened for a few nights. That stopped and then the vibrations began.. I was fascinated. I felt privileged to experience a paranormal connection. It angers me when people just assume it to be of a demonic/evil force.

The frequency increased one year ago this last April.Felt more frenzied. Then it stopped towards the end of that month. In M at I in countered a life threatening situation in my apartment with my roommate.

I thank all of you nice, and concerned people taking the time to offer all these explanations. The simple bottom line is that these vibrations have absolutely nothing to do with seismic, physiological, or mental theories. It is separate. It is happening all over the g!one. It is not demonic.

• Like 1

Topic: 'The search for the Holy Grail'

'Has anyone heard about that Italian guy Giancarlo who claims to have found a secret code in a Dante poem leading to the location of a hidden chamber containing documents related to the Holy Grail? A radar has identified an anomalous structure in the spot that he identified, which is quite exciting and hints to some truth in what he's saying. There's a girl trying to get funding on Kickstarter for a documentary about it called 'Finding Thule' at the moment. I reckon it would make for a really fascinating film!'

Those of us who have had the vibrating experience need to join together and create a video testimonial documentary, and a club. It could be important.