Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

MavSynchroid

PUSHING! PUSHING! THIS IS THE FIRST POST THAT INCLUDES THE PUSHING TOO!

My experience started with an upwards pushing through my mattress, which was not on any frame. It felt like a raccoon under/in my mattress. That happened for a few nights. That stopped and then the vibrations began.. I was fascinated. I felt privileged to experience a paranormal connection. It angers me when people just assume it to be of a demonic/evil force.

The frequency increased one year ago this last April.Felt more frenzied. Then it stopped towards the end of that month. In M at I in countered a life threatening situation in my apartment with my roommate.

I thank all of you nice, and concerned people taking the time to offer all these explanations. The simple bottom line is that these vibrations have absolutely nothing to do with seismic, physiological, or mental theories. It is separate. It is happening all over the g!one. It is not demonic.

Yes there are alot of people having this interesting experience. There must be something to it, since so many people have had it.

Hi everyone, this happens to me too. It started about ten years ago in another house but with the same bed frame but different mattress. On another forum, someone described it as being like a mobile phone vibrating and this is exactly my experience of it. The duration is short anything up to 5seconds and it can happen several times (10-20times)in one night and then not at all for months and months and then perhaps once or twice, it's completely random. It only happens to me when I am in bed. It can happen when I am sleeping, when I am fully awake and it can happen when I am just about to drop off!

It is most definitely the mattress vibrating, it is not me and it is not anything in my local environment including railway tracks, road noise, noisy neighbours, loud music or earth tremors/ quake. I get no sense of anything scary about it, it is not demonic or satanic but it is weird and it would be great to find out what it is!

When it first started, at that time, I had been experimenting with Remote Viewing which may or may not have something to do with it.

It's reassuring that others seem to experience similar things. Anyway, there's my tuppence worth!

• Like 1

Hi to all.. Finally I know why this is happening and I am pretty sure that once you will know this you will be able to relate to it. So these experiences that u have noticed is kundalini awakening in which energy gates are opened in your body this happens because of some reasons or it can happen with no reason at all but mostly it happens bcoz of these exercising or some emotional trauma in the recent past or chastity aka celibacy. I know in Western countries very few people know about kundalini energy. This happens for spiritual and mental advancement. I am sure once you read about kundalini you will understand that this is not any ghost or spirit but its your spirit that is opened for advancement.After reading about kundalini please do reply. Thanks Ashish (India)

Hi to all.. Finally I know why this is happening and I am pretty sure that once you will know this you will be able to relate to it. So these experiences that u have noticed is kundalini awakening in which energy gates are opened in your body this happens because of some reasons or it can happen with no reason at all but mostly it happens bcoz of these exercising or some emotional trauma in the recent past or chastity aka celibacy. I know in Western countries very few people know about kundalini energy. This happens for spiritual and mental advancement. I am sure once you read about kundalini you will understand that this is not any ghost or spirit but its your spirit that is opened for advancement.After reading about kundalini please do reply. Thanks Ashish (India)

• Like 1

It happens to us as well. The shaking, pressing down on the mattress, and the tugging at the blanket or even touching or poking us. People like the sleep paralysis explanation because it makes them feel comfortable, but we have both experienced these things at the same time, and we have experienced a lot of other phenomena, as well. Sometimes it will feel like something unseen is pushing the mattress down in different spots underneath our bodies.

Yes there are alot of people having this interesting experience. There must be something to it, since so many people have had it.

• 1 month later...

I have this happening to me too. To a long time it was just steps on the bed and running movements like a cat would make and pressure of a cat laying on the bed. Then it began as a shaking of an edge of the bed.plus the ghost cat got very active it happened every night. The shaking spread. Then began to slowly grow until it felt like mice moving through the bed scratching the mattress. No signs of mice. Feels like a million mice in the mattress. Ended the other night when it felt like something huge . was doing somersaults in there. I won't sleep in there right now. I have threatened to carve the mattress up. My ex came of and looked at the mattress there are no holes. I looked this up. This is how I found this thread. I have another thread about this in another area here. But those what I found when I looked up movement inside mattress. It could be my bad back and my nerves combined with a sleep disorder according to yahoo answers where several people with back issues exrienced the same thing. One did rip apart his mattress to find nothing inside. . Doesn't explain what happens in every case of course and it spent explain my ghost experience though.

I would again point out that several ways have been suggested to record/verify this, yet not a single taker... same story here, and here and here...and so on...

I'd take the time to repeat the suggestions, but despite having the time to write these often lengthy descriptions, clearly not one of these folks is *ever* going to document it so why the heck would I bother?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The same exact thing has been happening to me for a long time! At first I thought maybe a mouse or something had nested in my mattress, as gross as that would of been it would of at least explained it. I keep reading people saying that you must be in some sort of sleep state, but I know your not bc i'm not! I like you realized that when I thought about it I felt it, I lay on my stomach with my hands under my pillow. I feel it all over, and also when I'm sitting on the couch sometimes. I NEVER believed in the supernatural, I laughed at people who did. But 4 years ago when my son was 4 and my daughter was 5 they were playing in the dining room when they both started screaming and I mean blood curdling screams at the same time. When I got them calmed down almost a half hour later they both said they saw a creepy boy with strange eyes watching them play, and that's when all hell broke loose in my house, I heard my son's muffled sobs over the baby monitor not long after the first incident and when I went in something was pushing a pillow on his face trying to smother him. Over the years I have documented numerous scratch marks on my children's back, and in no way could they have done it to them selves the direction of the marks and the position made it impossible for their own tiny hands to have done it. I've seen things, heard things, we all have (myself my two kids and my husband) that's why after ruling everything else out I had to accept that the bed and couch and everything else can only be explain by something supernatural. It is scary for a long time, but now it's just annoying, cupboards slamming, hearing for steps going up and down the stairs even I'm home alone, hand prints appearing on the glass door, if I'm sitting outside my kids always use to come and knock on the door to get my attention, well the knocking has continued but there's no one there. My bed shaking, I wish there was another explanation but I've ruled everything out, SOMETHING is shaking, vibrating, and pushing up on me from inside the mattress, and its not in my head. I've had to accept that the people I use to think were crazy, were at some point probably just as scared as I was.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have experienced this sensation of being pushed from below as follows:

- I first begun to feel it I my dreams around 2003/2004, at the time I did use to sleep on the floor lying on my right side on top o a folded blanket, it was just a few times mostly waking me up still with the sensation, increased heart rate, normal respiration, no panic or any other feeling of discomfort . Then it just stopped.

- And this year it started again about 4 times (at random) with some changes:

I have changed residence about three times since the last occurrence (7 years on my current home), now I do sleep on a foam mattress on top of a bed frame with 2 plywood boards attached with screws (3/4 inch thick each = 1 1/2) very sturdy and heavy. Still sleeping on my right side I'm a 6'3" tall, 270 pounds, ex military with special forces training, sleep alone, no drugs or alcohol, non smoker.

The occurrences start within the first 2 hours of sleep, I dream about being tired and sleepy followed by the smooth pushing up from below gentle but firm. Then I open my eyes to check the hour I can move and hear street noises and a couple of times I have stand up and the pushing is still felt, accompanied by what I could describe as some sort of continuous heavy energy moving, flowing around my left side while I'm being gently and slowly pushed up every 5 to 8 seconds lying on the right side, wide awake (not seizures or muscle spasms) the hole experience is strange but kind of nice, it just fades away within 10 to 15 minutes.

On many occasions I have had experienced the "sleep paralysis" symptoms. This one is very different.

my bed has vibrated for years, and various internet searches have led me back to this thread multiple times. i finally decided to join and contribute. mine is definitely vibrating, as opposed to shaking. it is a very fast vibration and subtle, but if it goes on for an extended time the bed movement/oscillation becomes more pronounced. in the beginning (for years) i assumed it was my husband having some sort of dream that caused him to move in such a way to create this effect. i would wake him up and tell him to stop every time and it would. one day we were in bed watching television (must have been 4 years ago or so) and it happened again. i told him to stop vibrating the bed and he said it was me. that was the first i realized something odd was happening since we both felt it and neither one was causing it. this has happened through different mattresses and i've felt it at hotels also, with my husband and also alone. when it happens for me, it is always shortly after i get into bed, within 5 minutes. i'm still very much awake, can move around, talk, etc. i'm a night owl, typically going to bed in the early AM hours (1, 2, or 3 usually.) My spouse turns in 3 to 4 hours earlier than i do, which is why he is usually asleep when it occurs. i sleep somewhere halfway between being on my right side and stomach.

i have always seen, heard, experienced a lot of unexplained things since childhood. objects moving, electronics going haywire around me, batteries draining quickly around me, i've seen ghosts, demons, angels, shadow people (around my house, not only in my bedroom like a sleep paralysis episode), orbs, smelled strange smells, i could go on and on. i experience a lot of activity when i first go to bed (within minutes of getting into bed) on regular occasion. things poke at my head, pull the covers, there are odd light sources in the room, music, etc. i do believe i've experienced sleep paralysis episodes over the years, but i definitely know when i'm fully lucid and experiencing things as well.

the night before last, the vibration happened again, however it was different, which has compelled me to return to the internet search and thus find this thread again. that night the vibration happened a few times. i remember at least 3 prior to falling asleep. i am so used to it, i do nothing about it anymore and it typically lasts less than a minute each time. typically it happens once or twice, so three was already out of the ordinary. i hardly ever remember my dreams, but that night i remember i dreamed i made the bed vibrate (I touched the mattress with my finger and wiggled it, and the bed began to vibrate.) i woke up suddenly and sure enough the bed was vibrating again, so this was at least the 4th time that night. i'm laying there thinking it's odd that the vibration woke me up - in all these years i've only felt it prior to falling asleep. then my husband put both arms around me, like a hug from behind. i assumed the vibration was enough to cause him to stir. as i laid there wondering how long i'd give him before i banish him back to his side of the bed, i hear him snore, and realize he's at least 2-3 feet away and facing away from me, asleep. something else has it's arms around me. i'd assume this was sleep paralysis, however, it isn't my first rodeo with something doing this either. i'm awake, can move, speak, what is holding me is not holding me down or holding me too tightly, i'm not afraid, etc. what was odd, though, is that when i've felt these "hugs" in the past, they've had the feel of a spirit - the energy is so high it makes my ears ring, it feels tingly, warm, etc. on the other hand, this felt exactly like a person. i even felt my body lift a bit when the arm came underneath me. after quite a few minutes whatever was there with me slowly faded away and eventually i fell asleep, but the vibrations have not yet returned.

i suppose i'll never figure out what it is, but i'm happy to know i am not alone!

• Like 1

what is going on in this thread? where have these "one post and I`m out " turned up from?

I think all we can infer is that those who experience this don't think it is important enough to post twice, let alone try to document their experience...

• 4 weeks later...

it would be great if someone would reply to me. i need help understanding whats happening. i have sleep paralysis often. and during this i experience extreme vibration. almost as if my entire body is tremoring. I have always experienced sleep paralysis and it always feels like im not alone when i am having an episode. Someone on here told me that i am beginning to astral project. i mean i dont want to say that i believe it but i have experienced some weird stuff. One time while falling asleep i felt my body begin to rotate on my bed until i rose up off of it and fell asleep. Recently when i tremmor i feel like there may be something there with me. One night i fell asleep on my living room couch and i awoke to yet another sleep paralysis episode. my eyes were slanted open. I was in darkness until my kitchen light turned on. I could not hear anyone enter and no one passed by me to leave the kitchen. I heard a stomp right next to me and then i began to tremmor. When i broke free the kitchen light was actualy on. Can anyone help me understand this?

it would be great if someone would reply to me. i need help understanding whats happening. i have sleep paralysis often. and during this i experience extreme vibration. almost as if my entire body is tremoring. I have always experienced sleep paralysis and it always feels like im not alone when i am having an episode. Someone on here told me that i am beginning to astral project. i mean i dont want to say that i believe it but i have experienced some weird stuff. One time while falling asleep i felt my body begin to rotate on my bed until i rose up off of it and fell asleep. Recently when i tremmor i feel like there may be something there with me. One night i fell asleep on my living room couch and i awoke to yet another sleep paralysis episode. my eyes were slanted open. I was in darkness until my kitchen light turned on. I could not hear anyone enter and no one passed by me to leave the kitchen. I heard a stomp right next to me and then i began to tremmor. When i broke free the kitchen light was actualy on. Can anyone help me understand this?

i have the same problem and that is actually what led me to this site . mine are very scary but i will not talk about it much . i was able to astral project a few times and it happened the same way you explained . i dont believe what science tell about it too many people experience this ....i have my own thoughts on what it is ...and its not good

Why do they post and leave? R u stupid? PROVE IT PROVE IT PROVE IT, whos wants to share anything......i could be getting raped by bigfoot and wouldnt tell anyone on this site because of that.... Or maybe i just like being raped by bigfoot. Sure as **** aint gunna try a prove NOTHING HAHAHA.....

• Like 1

Hello,

I actually posted about this YEARS ago, and I was experiencing the SAME exact problems. Not a single thing was ever found to be the cause. The random vibrations stopped about 1 year after posting about the topic on this forum. I went so far as to having a contractor look at our house blueprints, along with plumbing schematics and we used a sort of small seismometer device that collected data for over a year to pinpoint the location of the phantom vibration. Ultimately, it was traced back to exactly where I assumed it was manifesting from (the bed) itself.

After selling the bed a few years after posting this thread, the vibrations stopped.

Hope you can figure it out in your case! With the previous bed being my late-grandfather's I always kind of chalked it up to (jokingly) being him trying to keep me awake, but trying to pinpoint a logical reason I assumed it had to do with muscle twitching or something, although in my head I know it couldn't possibly be that due to the amount of force required to shake the bed like it was.

Good luck, friend.

Resonance/Destroyer

http://www.unexplain...g

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 1

I actually posted about this YEARS ago, and I was experiencing the SAME exact problems. Not a single thing was ever found to be the cause. The random vibrations stopped about 1 year after posting about the topic on this forum. I went so far as to having a contractor look at our house blueprints, along with plumbing schematics and we used a sort of small seismometer device that collected data for over a year to pinpoint the location of the phantom vibration. Ultimately, it was traced back to exactly where I assumed it was manifesting from (the bed) itself.

Really??

I'm guessing you didn't keep all those test results, the report from the contractor and data from the 'seismometer', right?

After selling the bed a few years after posting this thread, the vibrations stopped.

Clearly it is now being passed on, one by one, to each one of the one-time posters who are tro responding.

Anyway, you have an ironically good choice of name - it is probably the answer, along with that twitching..

what is going on in this thread? where have these "one post and I`m out " turned up from?

I've been kinda busy haven't been on this forum for awhile, but the bed shaking thing-this may sound strange but when I stopped fearing whatever it was that caused my bed to shake, the problem disappeared. It seemed to be related to my fear. It still pops up every now and again but it is not near as bad(I notice it in the middle of the night sometimes). It seems to be related to my thoughts so it might be poltergiest-related. At least that is what my sister who is in the metaphysical business, told me and it seems to make sense for me. It also proves how powerful our minds can be(as in mind can directly affect matter) which is both a scary and exciting thing. Anyway as I said I stopped feeding it with fear and it shrank greatly, to where the problem is now very mild. I'm not saying poltergeist activity is what is making everyone's bed shake but it seems to be true for me personally.

Edited by paranormally
  • Like 2

3dot-dfdfd_zpseffbeb2d.gif
  • Like 2

I've been kinda busy haven't been on this forum for awhile, but the bed shaking thing-this may sound strange but when I stopped fearing whatever it was that caused my bed to shake, the problem disappeared. It seemed to be related to my fear. It still pops up every now and again but it is not near as bad(I notice it in the middle of the night sometimes). It seems to be related to my thoughts so it might be poltergiest-related. At least that is what my sister who is in the metaphysical business, told me and it seems to make sense for me. It also proves how powerful our minds can be(as in mind can directly affect matter) which is both a scary and exciting thing. Anyway as I said I stopped feeding it with fear and it shrank greatly, to where the problem is now very mild. I'm not saying poltergeist activity is what is making everyone's bed shake but it seems to be true for me personally.

Hi, it certainly seems fear related, but the mind can not affect matter.....the mind on the other hand, can be affected by numerous things.

The list is endless so I will just put one here and you can look up the rest:

Gullibility.

I went so far as to having a contractor look at our house blueprints, along with plumbing schematics and we used a sort of small seismometer device that collected data for over a year to pinpoint the location of the phantom vibration. Ultimately, it was traced back to exactly where I assumed it was manifesting from (the bed) itself.

Do you get anyone to look at the bed, seeing as that is were it all stemmed from? The mattress? legs? springs? frame? maybe it had its day and not suitable for anymore weight on it?

Elevated heart rate can cause a bed to seem like its shaking but it's actually you.

I've actually had that happen to me. Bed was shaking some. Took me a while to realize it was my own heart beating super fast. Went to doctor, found it was heart papaltations. Happens every so often. I'm talking over 200 beats a minute fast. Whole body shakes.

• 9 months later...

I've recently just experienced the same exact issue. I'm completely up when it happens; it fills as though someone is pushing the matress in random spots directly under my matress. I do not find it too pleasing it's scary and weird only because I know I was a wake while it was going on. People say I'm crazy but I know I'm not it's weird and I need guidance. I stay in an apartment complex; surprisingly after I experienced this, I did a little research on the apartment complex. Of course someone did indeed die and the cause was concluded to be drug related. But I do not know what apartment it was in. Help Me!!

Gee, thanks for coming folks.  This thread must surely set the record for the number of one time (troll?) posts, and the fact that NOT ONE of the posters thinks it important enough to stick around and try to document it.

So, I think it quite appropriate to think it equally UNimportant, except to criticise those posters for wasting the forum's time.  You've been told how you could document it.  Read the dam thread.

Kudos to Paranormally, though, for admitting it was most likely in his/her mind.