Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

MavSynchroid

Mutant bed bugs !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Mutant bed bugs !

On speed....

This thread is nearly a year old - hopefully the original OP got things sorted.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:22 AM, ChrLzs said:

Gee, thanks for coming folks.  This thread must surely set the record for the number of one time (troll?) posts, and the fact that NOT ONE of the posters thinks it important enough to stick around and try to document it.

So, I think it quite appropriate to think it equally UNimportant, except to criticise those posters for wasting the forum's time.  You've been told how you could document it.  Read the dam thread.

Kudos to Paranormally, though, for admitting it was most likely in his/her mind.

What are you looking for? I used to have this happen to me all the time and did record documentation. I never did video it as I didn't have a video camera at the time. I did collect a lot of data on it though. My experience was a little different thought. there seem to be slight variations in lots of people here. 

On 7/2/2014 at 0:52 PM, MavSynchroid said:

I just randomly googled this today and was surprised to find something on this.

I used to have this happen frequently. It lasted a couple years and would happen a few times a week. I few differences from the original dude, I never felt tugging, or pushing from under the bed. Just shaking at various intensities. This was real, I documented it many times, I even made a Richter scale to my bed. just adhering pens, pencil, markers to it and placing stable surface below with paper on it ether sitting on the floor or tied to the wall. Sure enough the marks are not even  subtle or debatable. (i also did the whole Jurassic park thing with water ripples)  Further more when it started i had a squeaky bed so I would just listen to it at night. After the first few times when my fear wore off it would just p*** me off. 

In addition when sleeping with people they would notice it as well. 

It would usually be accompanied by increased heartbeat and sweating, i would feel the blood rush to my skin like when you blush or something but all over. like a wave. I got good at just feeling when it was about to happen. There did seem to be a link to my thoughts in some way as the original poster noted. But i would describe it more like when you are in the frame of mind when you are about to go to sleep rather than consciously thinking about the event as inducing it. I would like to say that in no way was this ever tied to any other "supernatural" hints like a ghost. I thought it was mental or health related at first so I started working out, which made me feel better but had no effect on the shaking.

I also noted the shaking itself. lateral side to side, very distinctive. Not front to back like you would have during sex. The shaking would happen much less frequently when others where in the bed but did happen. Even when my kid would nap with me. and in the middle of the day so not very scary at noon.

Other notable facts about the occurrence are this: it was not the bed, or house. both changed and it followed me. Not only that but would happen in hotels, and friends couches. It was somehow connected me. Religious items and symbols did not seem to have much effect (they may have reduced frequency but i cant remember) 

After the first year the frequency went down a lot. maybe once a week. it quickly dropped off even more when I got a long term girlfriend (someone sleeping in my bed a lot) it dropped to once a month if that then eventually disappeared. I broke up with her a couple months ago and still has never returned. 

9 hours ago, jerome123 said:

What are you looking for? I used to have this happen to me all the time and did record documentation. I never did video it as I didn't have a video camera at the time. I did collect a lot of data on it though. My experience was a little different thought. there seem to be slight variations in lots of people here. 

Well, you talked about documenting it, but then you just told us what you did - To look at this properly we need to see the documents, ie scan or photograph them, and also you would need to discuss your methodology.

Let's cut to the chase - it is pretty easy to explain if you (or passing trains or whatever) are causing it, either deliberately or unknowingly or involuntarily. There are many known night-time conditions that might create the problem.  If this is something else, then simply documenting it by entering a diary note is not going to help eliminate those possibilities.  That's why I and others suggested using a camera, carefully positioned and set up to record when movement begins - that way it should be pretty easy to see if it is you that is creating the movement, and also just how much actual movement there is (if any).  This is not an expensive thing to do - if you have a laptop computer you probably already have everything you need except the (free) software.ost folks have laptop computer something that you are creating eg by involuntary movements.

I'd be happy to help someone who is *currently* experiencing this, but it seems as soon as such testing is even mentioned, the problem (or the poster) seems to vanish...  In your case we seem to be too late.  Again.

So if you think your documents are good enough, then please post them.  If not, then once again we have zero result..

I know it's been a while, but has there been a diagnosis?  This just started happening to me. When I lay down, even when fully awake, it feels like the bed is shaking and sometimes feels like someone is sit ting on the bed. I went to my doctor and she had never heard of such a thing. She thinks it might be a side effect from a new medication so I am being weened off of it. I hope that's all it is. I found a site online where someone shared theit experience with the exact same symptoms as mine. She was diagnosed with PPMS, Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis.  I am praying it's not what I have.

Ive experienced my share of paranormal **** as a child, i have ptsd from it, my bed shook once, this is a huge universe there are forces out there we cant see, maybe your bed is haunted get rid of it, and see if the problem persist.

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2014 at 11:52 AM, MavSynchroid said:

Hey folks.

So my issue has been going on for a few months at least now, and it happens every single night, to the point where I'm usually not even scared by it. However all in all, it is rather annoying and I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

So, to start off, this does not matter whethere I sleep on my bed or on the couch. When I lie down to sleep, after 5-15 minutes, or if I happen to THINK about it (sounds crazy I know), the bed will begin to start off with tiny vibrations, then quickly evolve into what essentially feels like someone pushing up with their fists from under the matress. It's in random spots every night, also at random speeds and pressure. Sometimes the up and down feeling is on par with breathing, and sometimes it feels as fast as someone lightly punching the matress from below me. It'll happen at my head, my feet, my back, and my bottom, all randomly.

The weird thing is, if I can take my mind off of it, it seems to stop, only to come RIGHT back if I focus on thinking about it. I just recently figured this out, but I would bet anything in the world that it's not simply an imagined feeling in my mind.

I want to be extremely clear when I say this is not like I "kind" of feel something. If it's happening by my head, my vision will shake with each movement.

If my blanket is close to or touching the ground, it'll also feel as though someone is VERY slightly tugging at my blanket. Again, this is NOT an imagined feeling. They are both extremely clear every night.

At first I was terrified, but as it continued to happen every night, I just simply find it an annoyance now.

Honestly wonder if it's because spend a lot of time watching TV/anime on my computer. Maybe there's a ghost who has nothing to do so enjoys watching it too, and gets upset when I finally go to bed in the AM. (I know, sounds silly)

Anyway, if this could somehow stop I'd be so happy, sometimes it makes it tough to go to bed and I'm sick of wrapping myself in a cocoon with the blanket (don't like the feeling when I'm on the couch and the cushions are being pushed right at the crack between them)

I have the exact thing happening to me every night. Exactly! First time I cried and my boyfriend held me but could still feel it.. always happens before I go to sleep. Only difference with me  is it gets directly under me.. even makes me short of breath.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't stand it any longer. My bed has been shaking, vibrating, and at time I feel like something is underneath pushing upwards. I'm completely awake when this happens. I will watch my feet and their moving everytime the bed shakes. This has been going on forever. I've gotten up to investigate but see nothing. I have even slept on an air mattress and same thing it's driving crazy. I don't know what to do. I have a theory on what it is, but not totally convinced. I pray it will stop because it's becoming annoying. So bizzare it defies logical and nothing around me including trains or cars ect. would be causing this to happen . Any ideas? 

41 minutes ago, Joshua24 said:

I can't stand it any longer. My bed has been shaking, vibrating, and at time I feel like something is underneath pushing upwards. I'm completely awake when this happens. I will watch my feet and their moving everytime the bed shakes. This has been going on forever. I've gotten up to investigate but see nothing. I have even slept on an air mattress and same thing it's driving crazy. I don't know what to do. I have a theory on what it is, but not totally convinced. I pray it will stop because it's becoming annoying. So bizzare it defies logical and nothing around me including trains or cars ect. would be causing this to happen . Any ideas? 

How long after you lie down does it start ?

I've experienced this and other phenomena. My conclusion is that people actually manage to haunt themselves (and others around them) in various ways. That's why it doesn't matter if the setting changes. 

It takes realizing you're in control to stop it. 

17 hours ago, Joshua24 said:

Joshua, what have you done to date to investigate it?  And why so coy about giving your theory?

Have you seen a doctor to eliminate a psychological/physical cause?  If so.....

Small IR (nightvision) cameras are not very expensive..  Just set it up, and then to ensure you can determine what is happening, get dressed in warm enough clothes (or turn the thermostat up..) that you can sleep without a covering..  Ideally you should then take that footage (assuming the problem doesn't immediately vanish as soon as we even mention a camera, like it always does....) to a University with a decent body/sports dynamics expert and let them take a look.

They'll quickly be able to identify where the movement originates...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new to this forum,

I keep getting woken up from my bed getting picked up from one side and I've read what experience's y'all have had and mine is similar.

The thing is that I sleep with my TV on so this creates a shadow and I can see my shadow when I face the wall as I sleep.

I've actually mastered how to break the hold of sleep paralysis, so when I woke up I faced the wall to sleep ,

I stayed wake pretending to be asleep , and I kid you not I can see the shadow of my bed getting picked up.

I'm pretty sure it's some kind of spirit that is just messing with me.

It's nothing to be scared of cause I've actually Astro project and seen their shadows, this is why I've become to religious cause their is more after death but nothing to be scared of.

I've been able to Astro project as a child but now as an adult it just happens a few times a year.

Just wanted to share my story.

The lesson I learned from this is that the experience can make you or break you, but if your strong minded you can just brush it of.

When I sleep at other peoples house , I sometimes Astro project and can see the spirits that are their at the time, last time I saw an lady wearing old fashioned style clothes that just sat next to me and was just watching every one sleep.

I wasn't scare at all cause their nothing to be scared of like come on what are you going to do lol.

I told my friend and his girlfriend about it and then he said that he can hear some whispering at night when he sleeps and I told him don't be scared it man.

On 12/10/2016 at 9:48 PM, AngelHAzh said:

Hi I'm new to this forum,

I keep getting woken up from my bed getting picked up from one side and I've read what experience's y'all have had and mine is similar.

The thing is that I sleep with my TV on so this creates a shadow and I can see my shadow when I face the wall as I sleep.

I've actually mastered how to break the hold of sleep paralysis, so when I woke up I faced the wall to sleep ,

I stayed wake pretending to be asleep , and I kid you not I can see the shadow of my bed getting picked up.

I'm pretty sure it's some kind of spirit that is just messing with me.

It's nothing to be scared of cause I've actually Astro project and seen their shadows, this is why I've become to religious cause their is more after death but nothing to be scared of.

I've been able to Astro project as a child but now as an adult it just happens a few times a year.

Just wanted to share my story.

The lesson I learned from this is that the experience can make you or break you, but if your strong minded you can just brush it of.

When I sleep at other peoples house , I sometimes Astro project and can see the spirits that are their at the time, last time I saw an lady wearing old fashioned style clothes that just sat next to me and was just watching every one sleep.

I wasn't scare at all cause their nothing to be scared of like come on what are you going to do lol.

I told my friend and his girlfriend about it and then he said that he can hear some whispering at night when he sleeps and I told him don't be scared it man.

Well, I'm sorry to call you on this, but where is the video showing the shadow movement?  This would be an easy thing to record, even on a cheap phone camera...

• Like 2

On 7/2/2014 at 10:52 AM, MavSynchroid said:

Hey folks.

So my issue has been going on for a few months at least now, and it happens every single night, to the point where I'm usually not even scared by it. However all in all, it is rather annoying and I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

So, to start off, this does not matter whethere I sleep on my bed or on the couch. When I lie down to sleep, after 5-15 minutes, or if I happen to THINK about it (sounds crazy I know), the bed will begin to start off with tiny vibrations, then quickly evolve into what essentially feels like someone pushing up with their fists from under the matress. It's in random spots every night, also at random speeds and pressure. Sometimes the up and down feeling is on par with breathing, and sometimes it feels as fast as someone lightly punching the matress from below me. It'll happen at my head, my feet, my back, and my bottom, all randomly.

The weird thing is, if I can take my mind off of it, it seems to stop, only to come RIGHT back if I focus on thinking about it. I just recently figured this out, but I would bet anything in the world that it's not simply an imagined feeling in my mind.

I want to be extremely clear when I say this is not like I "kind" of feel something. If it's happening by my head, my vision will shake with each movement.

If my blanket is close to or touching the ground, it'll also feel as though someone is VERY slightly tugging at my blanket. Again, this is NOT an imagined feeling. They are both extremely clear every night.

At first I was terrified, but as it continued to happen every night, I just simply find it an annoyance now.

Honestly wonder if it's because spend a lot of time watching TV/anime on my computer. Maybe there's a ghost who has nothing to do so enjoys watching it too, and gets upset when I finally go to bed in the AM. (I know, sounds silly)

Anyway, if this could somehow stop I'd be so happy, sometimes it makes it tough to go to bed and I'm sick of wrapping myself in a cocoon with the blanket (don't like the feeling when I'm on the couch and the cushions are being pushed right at the crack between them)

This same thing happens to me every day, but in my case my entire body is vibrating along with the bed, floors I am walking on, etc. I have no explanation for it I hear a deep vibrational single tone all of the time that I was told was tinnitus by an audiologist, but have experienced separate episodes of tinnitus overlaying the base, continuous, deep tone that go away after a while while the deep tone remains unchanged. 

Edited by Robert19
Wanted to activate "notify if responded to" switch
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I also feel a sensation like something pushing up or crawling and also dipping sometimes and it caused me to have a sleep paralysis incident when I've never had that before. I thought it's was electrical or another unit causing vibrations because it feels like waves going through the bed but there's a lot of information here.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:34 AM, Robert19 said:

This same thing happens to me every day, but in my case my entire body is vibrating along with the bed, floors I am walking on, etc. I have no explanation for it I hear a deep vibrational single tone all of the time that I was told was tinnitus by an audiologist, but have experienced separate episodes of tinnitus overlaying the base, continuous, deep tone that go away after a while while the deep tone remains unchanged. 

You get sleep paralysis everyday?

seems to point to a neurological issue.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 6:05 AM, ChrLzs said:

Well, I'm sorry to call you on this, but where is the video showing the shadow movement?  This would be an easy thing to record, even on a cheap phone camera...

Well that ended that story pretty quick. :tu:

58 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Well that ended that story pretty quick. :tu:

Yea cause people always have the video recorder going while they are sleeping. :mellow:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea cause people always have the video recorder going while they are sleeping. :mellow:

:tu:

A phone would do, if they were awake.

Edited by freetoroam

10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

:tu:

Well it obviously happened in a altered state, I thought the OP was pretty clear about that.