Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

MavSynchroid

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2014 at 1:52 PM, MavSynchroid said:

Hey folks.

So my issue has been going on for a few months at least now, and it happens every single night, to the point where I'm usually not even scared by it. However all in all, it is rather annoying and I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on.

So, to start off, this does not matter whethere I sleep on my bed or on the couch. When I lie down to sleep, after 5-15 minutes, or if I happen to THINK about it (sounds crazy I know), the bed will begin to start off with tiny vibrations, then quickly evolve into what essentially feels like someone pushing up with their fists from under the matress. It's in random spots every night, also at random speeds and pressure. Sometimes the up and down feeling is on par with breathing, and sometimes it feels as fast as someone lightly punching the matress from below me. It'll happen at my head, my feet, my back, and my bottom, all randomly.

The weird thing is, if I can take my mind off of it, it seems to stop, only to come RIGHT back if I focus on thinking about it. I just recently figured this out, but I would bet anything in the world that it's not simply an imagined feeling in my mind.

I want to be extremely clear when I say this is not like I "kind" of feel something. If it's happening by my head, my vision will shake with each movement.

If my blanket is close to or touching the ground, it'll also feel as though someone is VERY slightly tugging at my blanket. Again, this is NOT an imagined feeling. They are both extremely clear every night.

At first I was terrified, but as it continued to happen every night, I just simply find it an annoyance now.

Honestly wonder if it's because spend a lot of time watching TV/anime on my computer. Maybe there's a ghost who has nothing to do so enjoys watching it too, and gets upset when I finally go to bed in the AM. (I know, sounds silly)

Anyway, if this could somehow stop I'd be so happy, sometimes it makes it tough to go to bed and I'm sick of wrapping myself in a cocoon with the blanket (don't like the feeling when I'm on the couch and the cushions are being pushed right at the crack between them)

You must have the lights in your legs acting up.  That happen to my hub  I had to move to another bed , I felt I was living with the exorcist :):)

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/restless-leg-syndrome-rls.htm

https://www.bing.com/search?q=exorcist+movie&form=IENTHT&pc=UF02&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&refig=815d63aeefc840f4c408e4a2509da259&sp=1&qs=LS&pq=exorcist+&sc=8-9&cvid=815d63aeefc840f4c408e4a2509da259

Edited by docyabut2

• 1 year later...

I am so glad to have come across this forum. No, you are not crazy. This phenomenon of my couch and bed shaking has only been going on for me for less than a month.  I,  too, at first, wondered if it was my imagination.  I always have the ceiling fan on in my bedroom.  Was this my fan causing my bed to shake?  Oddly, the same thing happens on my couch.  It would last anywhere up to ten minutes.  Like others on this forum, they wondered if it could be their own heartbeat.  Ironically, my deep breathing for fifteen minutes did not work, if it were.  Because I had just had a traumatic experience with an air conditioning and plumbing problem, I linked this phenomenon with possibly another issue connected to each of them.  And then I rationalized that the two locations where this happened had no link to each other.  What then could it be?  There is no reason for the same thing to occur whether I am lying on my couch or my bed.  I am fully awake when it does, either watching tv or reading, trying to unwind and relax.

My theory behind this is it is a demon, spirit trying to mess with your mind.  And unless you tell it to flee, it will not.  Do not yell at it.  Repeat every time it happens, 'I resist you. Flee from me now.'. And it will stop.  It takes a week or more, but it gives you power over it.

Thank you all for sharing your stories.  You have given me strength from reading them and knowing that I am not alone in my testimony.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This has been happening to me since covid 19 was going on it started when I got home from somewhere I forgot and my room door was open I always keep it close but when I stand in front of my room I feel like if I would have went in there I would have died I slept in my aunt's room for the night and when I went back into my room for the night I feel something moving it scared me but I got used to it every night I feel it did something different but at a certain point it stopped doing different things at night now It just pushes underneath the bed I'm 17 I love creepy things horror and All that so I'm not scared of it I'm not going to lie it broke me 3 or 2 times the last time it broke me I had all my lights off in my room for me to go to sleep I covered myself with my blanket and I'm not joking I feel it come out from under the bed And push against my blanket and I just slept in the living room for that night now I just always keep my closet light on 

And this forum sounds like what's happening to me I don't know what it is but going to tell you something one day I was Face Timing my friend lan he told me he saw something's hand from under the bed scratching the side of my bed it was day time when he saw it it seems like I'm have a demon under my bed I'm going to tell you something else lan has his own experience with ghost and lan's not the lying type of person so I believe him

believe me or not and also I think this thing is following me cuz every time I go to sleep somewhere else i feel something pushing against the thing I'm sleeping on. so that's my story and also this thing can hear me from wherever I am so it's going to be hyper tonight well that's it 

have a good day y'all and remember to be careful out there because you don't know if there's something following you.

Edited by ImBloodz
Misspelles
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 5:59 AM, ImBloodz said:

This has been happening to me since covid 19 was going on it started when I got home from somewhere I forgot and my room door was open I always keep it close but when I stand in front of my room I feel like if I would have went in there I would have died I slept in my aunt's room for the night and when I went back into my room for the night I feel something moving it scared me but I got used to it every night I feel it did something different but at a certain point it stopped doing different things at night now It just pushes underneath the bed I'm 17 I love creepy things horror and All that so I'm not scared of it I'm not going to lie it broke me 3 or 2 times the last time it broke me I had all my lights off in my room for me to go to sleep I covered myself with my blanket and I'm not joking I feel it come out from under the bed And push against my blanket and I just slept in the living room for that night now I just always keep my closet light on 

And this forum sounds like what's happening to me I don't know what it is but going to tell you something one day I was Face Timing my friend lan he told me he saw something's hand from under the bed scratching the side of my bed it was day time when he saw it it seems like I'm have a demon under my bed I'm going to tell you something else lan has his own experience with ghost and lan's not the lying type of person so I believe him

believe me or not and also I think this thing is following me cuz every time I go to sleep somewhere else i feel something pushing against the thing I'm sleeping on. so that's my story and also this thing can hear me from wherever I am so it's going to be hyper tonight well that's it 

have a good day y'all and remember to be careful out there because you don't know if there's something following you.

It sounds like you might be in for a lifetime of paranormal stuff Bloodz. Just accept it and don't be frightened and you will be in for an interesting life mate but remember only a small percent of people will believe you, but that's their problem 👍.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, Notcrazy said:

My theory behind this is it is a demon, spirit trying to mess with your mind.  And unless you tell it to flee, it will not.  Do not yell at it.  Repeat every time it happens, 'I resist you. Flee from me now.'. And it will stop.  It takes a week or more, but it gives you power over it.

Thank you all for sharing your stories.  You have given me strength from reading them and knowing that I am not alone in my testimony.

Don't give up on more mundane answers.  

Seriously, I holiday in a reputedly haunted cabin on the edge of the Hockamock Swamp in the middle of the Bridgewater Triangle.  Just myself and a couple of friendly doggos.  I bought the place because it was supposedly an active site for the local paranormal weirdness. Do you think I have seen anything?  NADA.  I am so disappointed you have no idea.  The one time I did see something, it proved to be an orphaned bear cub with a bad case of mange, that looked goddamn horrific.  I caught the poor little critter and put her into an animal shelter.

Edited by Alchopwn