Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
MavSynchroid

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

233 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

drem

I’m actually surprised that it doesn’t seem like anyone has offered this as a solution. The OP and several others may be experiencing an extremely mild form of seizure. These kinds of symptoms (sensations under the pillow or bed such as slight shaking) are often associated with this condition. Not sure if these kinds of seizures are officially considered a type of epilepsy or not but they are apparently relatively common and also usually nothing to worry about.

Though these kinds of seizures are generally considered benign, you might still want to go to a sleep clinic and get an EEG done, and/or visit a doctor just to make sure that everything is alright. Would also get them to check out your heart just to make sure everything is above board.

I have this condition and it gives the exact same symptoms and seems very real. The way I found out it was by asking my girlfriend at the time to put her hand under my pillow where I felt the sensation. Once she told me she felt nothing I realised it had to be neurological and then did some research.

Good luck, and hope you guys manage to get to sleep. For me, finding this out actually strangely put me at ease, and it happens a lot less often now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
n33dsho3s

So I have this problem right now. I have a pull out couch with a mattress. The couch(folded up) and the bed pulled out would shake and you could feel movement in the mattress under you. What is causing mine is definately some animal most likely a rodent or small mammal. I'm in the process of tracking him down and catching whatever it is. I will repost when I find out what it is. Also whatever is in the mattress is producing a stink and it does so very often. I assume it is an animal with a defensive spray but was unsuccessful at finding anything I thought could be it online. The smell is strong Nd horrible and makes me nauseous as well as making it hard to breathe .

So consider that you may have some sort of animal in your mattress such as a mouse or rat which is what I thought this would turn out to be at first but that wouldn't explain the terrible smell.

So as I said I will repost when I figure out what is in my mattress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretSanta
7 hours ago, n33dsho3s said:

So I have this problem right now. I have a pull out couch with a mattress. The couch(folded up) and the bed pulled out would shake and you could feel movement in the mattress under you. What is causing mine is definately some animal most likely a rodent or small mammal. I'm in the process of tracking him down and catching whatever it is. I will repost when I find out what it is. Also whatever is in the mattress is producing a stink and it does so very often. I assume it is an animal with a defensive spray but was unsuccessful at finding anything I thought could be it online. The smell is strong Nd horrible and makes me nauseous as well as making it hard to breathe .

So consider that you may have some sort of animal in your mattress such as a mouse or rat which is what I thought this would turn out to be at first but that wouldn't explain the terrible smell.

So as I said I will repost when I figure out what is in my mattress.

Here’s some info...

https://www.bredapest.com/news/6-warning-signs-you-might-have-rats-or

 

“One of the first signs that many homeowners notice that could indicate a rodent infestation is a pungent, musky odor throughout the home. 

When rodents invade a home, they make a considerable mess, leaving droppings and urine all over the nest site, and sometimes outside it.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n33dsho3s

Ya I figured out what it is. Its marmorized stink bugs. I live in a ****ty apartment building and these bugs travel inside in the winter. I'm not a dirtball and keep my place mostly clean most of the time but somehow these bugs find a way in. Like I said my building is in rough shape so I'm sure there are lots of cracks and holes for them to get in. 

I've never seen or heard of this before now but I did more research online and remembered seeing one of these on the floor one day but just threw the bug outside and didnt think anything of it. When I searched online for what could have gotten in my house and in my furniture there were only a few choices for what it could be. When I saw the picture of the stink bug I remembered seeing that bug and realized this is what was happening. The alternative was bed bugs and after doing a lot of reading I'm actually glad it's not bed bugs which are just about impossible to get rid of. The stink bugs come in way fewer numbers and can be gotten rid of alot easier apparently. My landlord is coming to spray tomorrow so we'll  see what happens. Again I will update on how it goes.

Thanks for the response(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
On 2/20/2019 at 1:21 PM, n33dsho3s said:

Ya I figured out what it is. Its marmorized stink bugs. I live in a ****ty apartment building and these bugs travel inside in the winter. I'm not a dirtball and keep my place mostly clean most of the time but somehow these bugs find a way in. Like I said my building is in rough shape so I'm sure there are lots of cracks and holes for them to get in. 

I've never seen or heard of this before now but I did more research online and remembered seeing one of these on the floor one day but just threw the bug outside and didnt think anything of it. When I searched online for what could have gotten in my house and in my furniture there were only a few choices for what it could be. When I saw the picture of the stink bug I remembered seeing that bug and realized this is what was happening. The alternative was bed bugs and after doing a lot of reading I'm actually glad it's not bed bugs which are just about impossible to get rid of. The stink bugs come in way fewer numbers and can be gotten rid of alot easier apparently. My landlord is coming to spray tomorrow so we'll  see what happens. Again I will update on how it goes.

Thanks for the response(s).

Oh man stink bugs are horrible. They pop up all over my house all winter long. I get rid of at least two a day. 

I find it difficult to believe your bed is vibrating because of them though. Unless they are flying, they don’t vibrate. Not only that but it would take a awful lot of them in your bed even if they did vibrate.

Lastly if you had that many vibrating stink bugs in your bed, your bed would smell terrible. Just laying down on them,  in or under a matrice would trigger their defenses, and stink up your whole room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n33dsho3s

Ya lol I think my mind was playing tricks on me. There was probably 1 of them but in my mind it was an infestation lol. And the smell was bad but not like there was a room full. There may have been one in my bed that night which freaked me to the point of feeling the bed moving. I've since looked all through the couch and all through my apartment and haven't found a single one. Sprayed my walls and under the sink and hopefully wont have this problem again. I did find that one stink bug the one day so I know they were in here at some point whether it was 1 or 10 idk. But thanks all for the replies.

Case closed for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SecretSanta
4 hours ago, n33dsho3s said:

Ya lol I think my mind was playing tricks on me. There was probably 1 of them but in my mind it was an infestation lol. And the smell was bad but not like there was a room full. There may have been one in my bed that night which freaked me to the point of feeling the bed moving. I've since looked all through the couch and all through my apartment and haven't found a single one. Sprayed my walls and under the sink and hopefully wont have this problem again. I did find that one stink bug the one day so I know they were in here at some point whether it was 1 or 10 idk. But thanks all for the replies.

Case closed for me.

Sadly they’re kind of immune to pesticides and don’t really have any kind of predator. I used to find so many in my house but I didn’t see as many this past fall. 

I did read that the polar vortex (or whatever it’s called) probably killed off about 90-95% of the stink bugs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Decantrix

The last thing I need is to open myself up to ridicule, but this happens to me, day or night. It awakens me from deep sleep and I literally watch and feel it take place whole wide awake during the day. I’ve had various health aspects checked out and cleared, including 2 official exams for psychosis. Hell, I work in mental health and have been in therapy for years. I’m totally sane. I’ve even videoed things taking place. Often movements are subtle but they’re there on tape. 

But, my experiences are far more than what I’ve seen listed here, so far, andvwgatever this is, violates me, too. It’s stripped me of many aspects of my life, so far, sadly, but hasntbyet robbed me of hope. Quite the contrary. It’s actually offered me hope in my future as well as my over-arching purpose, too. I’ve learned a lot about the unseen and unexplained—aspects of life I never, ever believed in prior to this beginning. I’d been an atheist and I diehard skeptic for decades, and always the first to poo-poo and quickly offer a myriad of rational, logical, SEEN alternate explanations. Hell, I put my own experience through every imaginable wringer first. I even wound up at the local police station one Sunday afternoon, totally convinced my partner was a psychopath who was terrorizing me. After all, who else could it be? And I had, at that point, grainy, low light video of him playing tricks on me at night when I escaped to the living room to protect myself from him. (Wasn’t him; he was sound asleep in bed in the other room.)

i don’t know what’s going on. I do know the world is made up of things I can’t see, explain or know, though. And, I know my reality and have documented it (though a more current computer with good video editing software sure would be helpful in cleaning up some graininess & pulling out succinct clips from the hours and hours of footage).

im not sure why I’m replying except to say ‘thank you,’ for speaking up because I feel less alone than I did prior to my partner sending this link, and also, hopefully, to validate someone else as they experience similar. 

What I do now realize is that I know more about the paranormal/supernatural than 99% of the resources out there, though, having had no choice but to develop a sort of relationship to this thing over time. It has become easy to spot others who truly have experiences and discard many an ‘expert,’ who clearly gave not. And, like many here, I never asked for nor wanted (or even freakin believed!) any of this. I suppose it’s goid to know I’m completely sane and healthy, as a result, but the concern I have is this will take that away from me, too. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.