Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bed shaking/pushing from below every night

MavSynchroid

Just an update guys! I've done all my neurological tests and and everything came back normal. Did a ekg, eeg, spinal mri exam. Everything came back good. Long story short, I dont believe it is any spirits or anything. I think it has to do with a panic disorder. My neurologist prescribed me Xanax and after taking that everything stopped. I said to my self i'm going to figure this out with science. 

Well done, Flash!  Thanks for the update and for bringing back that information. 

7 hours ago, FlashLegacy said:

Just an update guys! I've done all my neurological tests and and everything came back normal. Did a ekg, eeg, spinal mri exam. Everything came back good. Long story short, I dont believe it is any spirits or anything. I think it has to do with a panic disorder. My neurologist prescribed me Xanax and after taking that everything stopped. I said to my self i'm going to figure this out with science. 

Get off those Xanax ASAP. If and when you become addicted you are gonna be in a world of hurt. I know several people who got hooked on that poison. It’s awful. 

A daily Meditation practice can help big time with panic attacks. In this case sciences answer is to turn you into a junky. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Get off those Xanax ASAP. If and when you become addicted you are gonna be in a world of hurt. I know several people who got hooked on that poison. It’s awful. 

A daily Meditation practice can help big time with panic attacks. In this case sciences answer is to turn you into a junky. 

:tu:

You got that right! That stuff ruined my mother's brain along with other trash they proscribed her.

Diet is a big part too. A disrupted microbiom will give you both panic attacks and depression. My neurologist who doesn't take insurance or pill kickbacks has me eating good cheeses and yogurt on top of the meditation. He stressed no processed foods or artificial foods which I don't eat anyway. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

:tu:

You got that right! That stuff ruined my mother's brain along with other trash they proscribed her.

Diet is a big part too. A disrupted microbiom will give you both panic attacks and depression. My neurologist who doesn't take insurance or pill kickbacks has me eating good cheeses and yogurt on top of the meditation. He stressed no processed foods or artificial foods which I don't eat anyway. 

Sounds like you have a great doctor.

I know sever panic attacks could be caused by something as simple as too much caffeine. I have a cousin who had horrible panic attacks. After about a year he finally figured out that drinking coffee all day was a bad idea. He hasn't had another one since. Becoming a xany head is NEVER the answer. For anything.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hate to tell you but I bet you have mice or maybe even a rat inside your mattress!
I am experiencing the exact same thing....and I can't sleep! I talked to a Pest Exterminator and he said this description is exactly what he hears when they come put and find a small hole somewhere in the mattress. The rodents chew a small hole somewhere...get in and nest! When they nest they have many babies!
I also see NO mice dropping.....he said it is because they are inside the mattress!!!They find it the same whether it be a rat or mice!

Everyone says it's something mundane like sleep paralysis/hypnagogia/rodents/panic attacks, etc.

Well, we had it happen and both of us felt it and were wide awake, many times.

Sometimes it would feel like something was walking on the bed or jumping up on it. 

We'd be watching TV together, we'd feel it and we'd look at each other like...dafuq???

Sometimes the bed would shake as if there were tremors. I'd look it up online and there wasn't anything.

Anyway...I kept up a practice of doing the LBRP and Middle Pillar, and we haven't been bothered for years now. 

Whatever it was, I think we were somehow manifesting all the phenomena, because I was able to oust it with something that affects the psyche. 

• 2 weeks later...

The same thing happened to me, and I found a way to get rid of it. It is a bit unorthodox but for me it is worth it. What I do is use another source of vibration that vibrates faster than the bed does from the unknown source and put that on my bed when I go to sleep. I am currently using an old 10 inch 600 watt pioneer speaker with the cone removed and cap still in place and powered by a car battery charger. This creates a fairly strong electromagnetic field and a stronger source vibration. 

I'm not sure if it is the electromagnetic field or the vibration of it or a combination of both that prevents the unknown vibrations. This also works when I feel like there is something inside of me vibrating as well. I just put the powered speaker to the location of the vibrating and it gets rid of it.

I have also used small fans and even a transformer which also work, but not as well as the speaker. I can only speculate how and why these things work, so I'm not going to bother with my opinions about it. I just know that it helps me sleep better at night.

If you attempt to wire up a source vibration make sure you know what you are doing before hand, because if you don't it can be a fire hazard. If anyone finds a way to improve on this, please post it here. I wouldn't mind making an even more powerful source vibrator to combat this, and I'm sure other might appreciate it as well.

Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, teknix said:

The same thing happened to me, and I found a way to get rid of it. It is a bit unorthodox but for me it is worth it. What I do is use another source of vibration that vibrates faster than the bed does from the unknown source and put that on my bed when I go to sleep. I am currently using an old 10 inch 600 watt pioneer speaker with the cone removed and cap still in place and powered by a car battery charger. This creates a fairly strong electromagnetic field and a stronger source vibration. 

I'm not sure if it is the electromagnetic field or the vibration of it or a combination of both that prevents the unknown vibrations. This also works when I feel like there is something inside of me vibrating as well. I just put the powered speaker to the location of the vibrating and it gets rid of it.

I have also used small fans and even a transformer which also work, but not as well as the speaker. I can only speculate how and why these things work, so I'm not going to bother with my opinions about it. I just know that it helps me sleep better at night.

If you attempt to wire up a source vibration make sure you know what you are doing before hand, because if you don't it can be a fire hazard. If anyone finds a way to improve on this, please post it here. I wouldn't mind making an even more powerful source vibrator to combat this, and I'm sure other might appreciate it as well.

Thanks.

Interference waves. Nice approach.

How did you pick the correct frequency? 

Have you ever tried recording the source vibrations? What was/were their frequencies?

All in all, your post makes you sound like you’re not right in the mind. If you read it and think it sounds in any reasonable way normal or healthy, see a professional ASAP.

With your knowledge you should be able to classify the source vibrations.

If all else fails, I hear that this provides quite strong vibrations: https://hitachimagic.com/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teknix said:

I am currently using an old 10 inch 600 watt pioneer speaker with the cone removed and cap still in place and powered by a car battery charger....  If you attempt to wire up a source vibration make sure you know what you are doing before hand, because if you don't it can be a fire hazard.

Gee, do ya think?  What could possibly go wrong by connecting a car charger directly to a sub-woofer?  :td:

On the slim chance that wasn't a joke/troll post, let me respond by saying that if you just put 12V at a few amps across a sub - it's asking for a disaster including a fire and damage to both items.

If you were serious about this, 'teknix', why did you not explain the SAFE way to power a subwoofer?  Do feel free to elucidate now..., in fact why not post a picture showing your setup showing all the electronics and connections, as well as answering the question about what frequency you used..?  I can't imaging anything worse than adding a new vibration if you already have one, and if you couldn't dial in the exact frequency then a few terms come to mind - harmonics, resonances, standing waves... anyone else thinking of the 'Galloping Gertie' bridge...?

• 1 month later...

Years later I know but I totally get it , happens to me not always except the last 3 nights have been solid & it’s driving me crazy. I can say it seems to happen when I’m worried or stressed but can’t be for sure that’s how it’s been every time & im definitely awake because it’s happening now as I lay here in bed posting this. 

Edited by MissBehaved

21 minutes ago, MissBehaved said:

Years later I know but I totally get it , happens to me not always except the last 3 nights have been solid & it’s driving me crazy. I can say it seems to happen when I’m worried or stressed but can’t be for sure that’s how it’s been every time & im definitely awake because it’s happening now as I lay here in bed posting this. 

No reference in your post to asking a doctor...?  Did you read the thread?

I'm not sure if I posted here about this before. Because I went to register, after seeing this post (that I got to from doing a google search) and it says I was already registered. So sent a new password to me email, and that's why I'm here. 

But I used to have a lot of weird things happen to me as a kid, and the most terrifying was the punching or thumping under my bed one night. I was awake, and felt a thump under the foot of my bed. It got progressively harder and faster, until I was kicking and screaming. Then my parents ran in the room, and of course they said I was having a bad dream. But it was weeks before I slept in my bed again. I slept on the couch for a long time.

I'm 48 now, but it is something I will never forget. I don't know if it was sleep disorders, or something paranormal. My youngest son has had some weird sleep disturbances, where he would wake up saying "things looked far away". He would act terrified, and have bad stomach aches when this would happen. He would cry, shake, and you would ask him what is wrong, and he would just say "I don't know". He is a little older now, and it hasn't happened in a couple of years I guess now. But I was thinking maybe it was some sleep disorder, somehow related, and maybe he inherited it from me?

Some of the weird things that happened to me as a kid, other than the bed experience, was hearing breathing beside my ear, seeing objects and things moving in the dark. Hearing a record player still playing, like very far off, when it was not on anymore. I had some weird sleep walking episodes. I went outside one time, and dreamed about a black dog in the garage, and dancing in a circle with kittens. The sliding glass door was open the next morning. There was an actual dark green outline of a large circle in our backyard. where the grass was greener, and it measured the same all around. That freaked my dad out a little. One time I was laying on the couch, and felt a hand gently place itself over my hand, and my parents were still in bed. 

I never slept good as a child. There were always sounds, and things that scared me. I slept with my arms and legs close to my body as possible, and would press my fingers up to my ears, so I couldn't hear anything, until my hands were cramping. I slept like that for years. I don't do that anymore, even though a couple of years ago, I felt a tap on my foot.

If it means anything, we lived next door to a church and a cemetery that had a train tunnel built under it. Disturbed spirits? LOL I don't know. I just have always wondered if I was experiencing supernatural things, or just some sleep disorder?

• 1 month later...

I get something similar to this.

I don't know if it's exactly the same but it doesn't happen every night but every now and again.

It's not uncomfortable or scary, it feels more like rumbling/vibrating and it always happens as I'm nodding off to sleep. It doesn't keep me awake or happens and wakes me.

It's like it's my bed/mattress and maybe even the floor rumbling.

I thought maybe it was the old pipes in my house or maybe if it was a nervous system thing with my body that caused it.

It honestly doesn't cause me any concern or discomfort and I've never considered it a paranormal situation, either.

There's no tugging of blankets or anything like what's mentioned in the OP.

I lived in a 2 story house that was divided into an up and downstairs apts. I had found white plastic boxes with an official label marked Human Cremains. Former tenants forgot a relative. I called the landlord and he came over all shaky and eyes bugged out and told him to get this deadbeat outta my sight. The landlord knew more than he let on. I had incidents of my closet door loudly creak open. I looked at the closet and yawned. saying and that's your best? The next time it pulled the tired old creaky closet door trick I picked up a sneaker and whipped it in full bore yelling "What did I tell your stupid ass about this stunt!". Things settled down for a couple weeks and as I lay on my bed on my computer I begin feeling something under the bed start pushing then hitting the underside. So I jumped to my feet and yelled " Oh I don't friggin think so skidmark". I ran to the kitchen,grabbed a broom and started savagely ramming it under the bed yelling "There! you like that smartass!".  Things pretty much quieted down for the next several month as I wasn't rewarding it's bad behavior with fear. Things started getting lively when my girlfriend moved in.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MOSUGOJI said:

I lived in a 2 story house that was divided into an up and downstairs apts. I had found white plastic boxes with an official label marked Human Cremains. Former tenants forgot a relative. I called the landlord and he came over all shaky and eyes bugged out and told him to get this deadbeat outta my sight. The landlord knew more than he let on. I had incidents of my closet door loudly creak open. I looked at the closet and yawned. saying and that's your best? The next time it pulled the tired old creaky closet door trick I picked up a sneaker and whipped it in full bore yelling "What did I tell your stupid ass about this stunt!". Things settled down for a couple weeks and as I lay on my bed on my computer I begin feeling something under the bed start pushing then hitting the underside. So I jumped to my feet and yelled " Oh I don't friggin think so skidmark". I ran to the kitchen,grabbed a broom and started savagely ramming it under the bed yelling "There! you like that smartass!".  Things pretty much quieted down for the next several month as I wasn't rewarding it's bad behavior with fear. Things started getting lively when my girlfriend moved in.

Interesting banishment tactic.

10 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Interesting banishment tactic.

I studied under Ashley Williams. I didn't have a boom stick or I would have escalated things a tad. But at least I drew the line at sawing my hand off and making a stump adapter for the chain saw.

• Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

I’ll try to be thorough and explain it all the best I can.

I have been experiencing this for 2.5 years or so. I think it is a mental issue, but cannot be certain.

The best way to describe the feeling is a slight tugging from within the mattress. Imagine you are on top of a large sheet of dough, and someone pinches the bottom of the dough and starts to give it little tugs. You will feel the tugs, but cannot see them from the surface. 

The intensity and location vary. It is almost always inbetween my legs, but occasionally higher up on my body. My brother and I have tried to record it several times, but it cannot be seen even when it is rough. 

As others have said, it almost always happens when a thought about it enters your mind, but only after you’ve been experiencing it. The initial occurrence (the first ever time I’ve felt it and the first times that it’s happened after a long break) happens without thought. Most of the time, I’ll think about it subconsciously shortly after I lay down and it will start instantly, literally instantly, before my thought can even fully develop. 

It is not a sleep related issue, like sleep paralysis or other sleep hallucinations. I am always fully awake and conscious. It typically occurs within minutes of my laying down, while I’m still on YouTube, Facebook, texting, etc. It rarely happens during the day, however. 

It also is not a bed or location issue. I have felt it in 3 different parts of the state on 5 different sleeping surfaces. My family has also felt it in their respective beds.

I first experienced it during winter break of my junior year in college. I was staying at home with my family and we joked about a ghost haunting us because some strange things were happening. They all seemed innocent enough and easy to rationalize, but there were so many that blaming stuff on “the ghost” was kind of funny.

Shortly after, I overheard my parents talking about strange feelings on their bed, but they eventually settled it was somehow the cat. A night or two later, my brother felt it (he was not aware of my parents conversation). I was very confused because we are typically a rational bunch of people. That night I felt it. 

After winter break, I went back to my apartment and I had no issues, but my family did. I did not go home for a few weeks, because I was genuinely afraid coming back in contact with “the ghost”. (since I felt safe I think I was immune to the mental projection of this sensation). My family eventually convinced themselves that they were suffering from hysteria because of the ghost jokes, and they stopped feeling it. 

After visiting home, (and coming in “contact” with “the ghost”) I had the sensation for almost a year straight. I slept on my couch the entire time because it was less intense and easier to fall asleep. I have also found that sleeping with the light on helps keep it away. 

After not feeling it for a few months, the longest stretch by far since it started, it came back Friday night. It’s now 2:30 am and I need to get up at 5 for work, but it won’t let me sleep. After all these years, it’s not the fear that keeps me up, but the annoyance. Constant movement and stimulation makes it impossible to sleep. 

I do think it’s a mental issue, as my story supports that claim (and the feeling is not visual), but I cannot will it away. I can forget about it for a short while, if I am deep in thought, but it will come back a few minuets later after the thought is over. 

This thread is the first time I’ve found people with the same experience. I saw a lot of vibrating posts, which I think is a different phenomenon, but OP and a few others are almost exactly the same. 

I am willing to answer any questions or give more details. I will check back in tomorrow during and after work so I do not abandon you guys. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have not read all of the comments, but I also have the same thing happening to me. Every single night and generally during the day as well there is the sensation as if someone is either walking on the bed behind me, pushing up underneath me, or just around my body. This force is not coming from within my body. I have considered this being a side effect of depression or the medication I take for depression. If I am crazy, than I am really, really crazy. And if this is a physical illness of some sort, I do not understand how my body can create the sensation of being pushed or pulled, but only from beneath me, and when I'm sitting on something that is soft and squishy. If this is an entity, I'm not sure if it's nice or mean. Because when I ask it to leave me alone it doesn't. At first I was very VERY afraid. But now I'm literally just used to it. It happens so often that it's just a part of my life now. I intend to see a doctor about it and see if they have any sort of tests regarding this sort of thing. I recently got sober from meth, and my faith in a higher power is growing every day. I wonder if this has something to do with it. My mother is convinced her house is haunted by my grandmother and grandfather. I used a spirit box to try to communicate and it seems like things have escalated since then. Also one night after watching the movie Evil Dead, the new one, I went home and it seemed the activity was spiking. One day in the kitchen I turned off the laundry room light and thought to myself, I thought I turned that off already, wouldn't it be nuts if I turned around and it was back on? And I **** you not, it was back on. Now I don't know what I believe about the afterlife, but I know for a fact this happened to me and was real. If it was in my head, than I should be put in an institution for paranoia accompanied by visual hallucination. That was the most substantial thing that has happened, aside from the bed movement. I'm concerned that if it is an entity of some sort, that it may have an effect on my mood or my feelings. I've been very observant of when or if I get angry or sad and what if they are rational. So far there hasn't been any noticeable change in mood, aside from the terror that I was feeling when it began. I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel or blog to document my experiences. If this is happening to more than just me I'd love to talk about it. Please send me an email at *Snip* with the subject ghost if you would like to contact me, as I will probably forget to check back with this site very often. 

Edited by Still Waters
Removed personal info.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:40 PM, JamesJC said:

. It typically occurs within minutes of my laying down, while I’m still on YouTube, Facebook, texting, etc. It rarely happens during the day, however.

Consider yourself lucky. My ghost doesn't care what time of day it is. Lol. What's happening to you is exactly what's happening to me.

19 hours ago, ChandrasGhosts said:

I have not read all of the comments, but I also have the same thing happening to me. Every single night and generally during the day as well there is the sensation as if someone is either walking on the bed behind me, pushing up underneath me, or just around my body. This force is not coming from within my body. I have considered this being a side effect of depression or the medication I take for depression. If I am crazy, than I am really, really crazy. And if this is a physical illness of some sort, I do not understand how my body can create the sensation of being pushed or pulled, but only from beneath me, and when I'm sitting on something that is soft and squishy. If this is an entity, I'm not sure if it's nice or mean. Because when I ask it to leave me alone it doesn't. At first I was very VERY afraid. But now I'm literally just used to it. It happens so often that it's just a part of my life now. I intend to see a doctor about it and see if they have any sort of tests regarding this sort of thing. I recently got sober from meth, and my faith in a higher power is growing every day. I wonder if this has something to do with it. My mother is convinced her house is haunted by my grandmother and grandfather. I used a spirit box to try to communicate and it seems like things have escalated since then. Also one night after watching the movie Evil Dead, the new one, I went home and it seemed the activity was spiking. One day in the kitchen I turned off the laundry room light and thought to myself, I thought I turned that off already, wouldn't it be nuts if I turned around and it was back on? And I **** you not, it was back on. Now I don't know what I believe about the afterlife, but I know for a fact this happened to me and was real. If it was in my head, than I should be put in an institution for paranoia accompanied by visual hallucination. That was the most substantial thing that has happened, aside from the bed movement. I'm concerned that if it is an entity of some sort, that it may have an effect on my mood or my feelings. I've been very observant of when or if I get angry or sad and what if they are rational. So far there hasn't been any noticeable change in mood, aside from the terror that I was feeling when it began. I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel or blog to document my experiences. If this is happening to more than just me I'd love to talk about it. Please send me an email at *Snip* with the subject ghost if you would like to contact me, as I will probably forget to check back with this site very often. 

You shouldn't give out your personal email. People can private message you here if they want to chat.

That said, just do a simple banishment. Something from your own belief system, or you can find the LBRP on youtube.

And quit watching Evil Dead before bed. Lol.

That's not gonna help. 

Also...no more spirit box.

That just makes things worse. 

• 1 month later...

Dude, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm really glad I read your post as I now know I am not the only one. 

It started happening to me during a bout of severe depression. I honestly thought it was paranormal, even though I don't believe in ghosts and what not. Especially when I slept in another bed and it still happened. 

I am thinking more rationally now and I believe it is a trick of the mind. It got to a point with me where I could think of a part of my body and I would feel the fist pushing up my mattress under that part of the body. Once I realised I could control it I knew it was psychological. 

It is very odd and very real. I can totally understand why some people think it is supernatural. I'd be interested to know if the original poster has suffered any mental health issues around the time it started happening. 

I think you should visit a doctor i know a person with schyzo and it has similar delusions bed shaking and feeling of something stabing in back through bed. Sad is that person can't realise that this is not real but you still asking yourself what it is and thinking critically and this is good.

• 4 weeks later...

Um..hi I’m 13 and I’ve had the same thing but during the day and at night I see figures,floating heads,I was once laying on my side and there was an arm that reached over me but it looked black. Well when I post this, about 10 minutes ago I felt the feeling of someone pushing there hand down on my bed really quick. I just want it to stop honestly, I’ve seen an outline of a person in white for some reason, and my bed shaking,moving..it’s strange too because I was laying down earlier this year in bed and I felt the feeling of something pulling on my bra strap and my panty line..it’s scary and I’m going to the doctors for my depression so should I tell them? Idk..would be nice to get more help on this.