Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man allegedly punches girlfriend's pet rabbit

questionmark

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla., July 2 (UPI) --A Florida man was arrested after allegedly attacking his girlfriend's pet rabbit following an argument about women's rights.

According to a Boyton Beach Police report, James Wertz became enraged when his girlfriend told him that she wanted to end their relationship after he refused to stop arguing and screaming.

The 28-year-old suspect then allegedly began "punching and squeezing" the woman's pet rabbit, according to Boynton Beach Police media representative Stephanie Slater.

Sore looser?

• Like 1

Man, if someone does that to any of my pets, they'll need a body removal team, not the police.

• Like 2

Poor little rabbit, sounds like somebody needs to give that guy a good shakedown.

He looks like a rabbit puncher.

So his plan to save his relationship was to beat up Bugs and toss Betty across the room?

Sounds flawless.

• Like 3

Way to pick a winner there lady!

On a serious note, can I ask the women of the site a simple question: Is it really that hard to see a guys an *******? Or is this woman an exception? (Personally hoping the latter)

On a serious note, can I ask the women of the site a simple question: Is it really that hard to see a guys an *******? Or is this woman an exception? (Personally hoping the latter)

Not for me, but you see it every day.

I hear they like 'em dangerous and a little rough ;) sometimes..meh...

don't do the thing where you put responsibility for abuse on the victim. just don't.

• Like 3

I still can't make sense in my head how the transition had gone from being dumped by your girlfriend to punching innocent bunnies. I'd hate to see what would have happened if the guy walked in on his girlfriend with another man in the bedroom. Yikes.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:
  • Like 2

Just reading the first line of that story, it read like he was arguing with the rabbit about women's rights... But after reading the entire thing, it became clear that he was stupid

enough to have argued with the rabbit...

• Like 3

don't do the thing where you put responsibility for abuse on the victim. just don't.

There was never a hint that the rabbit was at fault. Don't you do that thing where any woman in a story is automatically the victim - just don't.

The question that made you feministize was whether it is really that difficult for a woman to tell that a man is an a-hole well before he in the position to assault her pets during a breakup argument. This is a question most males I know have asked (well, maybe not the exact question, but a close relative).

Occasionally, a male will see a woman and think, "Yeah, I get that vibe that says she'll be setting all the clothes in my closet on fire, but look at that butt!! I'm willing to risk it." - in other words, I've never known a man who dated a woman who turned out to be psycho to moan that he never had a hint what was coming.

We just wonder whether women who end up choosing to date men who punch rabbits see them across the bar and think, "Well, his come hither look seems to be identical to his "you wanna fight?" look", but look at those beady eyes. I'm willing to risk it."

• Like 1

Oh I didn't mean it like that! Its just I see a lot of stories like this (granted not as extreme, but you get my point) from personal acquaintances, and one thing I notice for a lot of them is that it was clearly obvious to everyone but the person that there significant other was a complete *******.

Not trying to shift blame, the guy was clearly a prick, no if, or buts about it, and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

• Like 3

hey, yeah. i'm not saying that you were meaning it like that, i just always feel a bit leery about that sort of question. i mean, there are all sorts of reasons that someone gets involved with someone who is abusive, not least of which is that they aren't aware that the other person is abusive. a lot of abusers are very good at not showing it. and a lot of people do say things like "i saw it coming", but they almost always say it after the fact. and phrasing it towards only women kind of ignores men who are abused by partners.

i don't think you were meaning anything bad, i just think it's an oversimplified question, where reality is far more complicated

• Like 3

Gee I can't believe she wouldn't want to be with him. Sounds like a real nice guy.

• Like 1

Gee I can't believe she wouldn't want to be with him. Sounds like a real nice guy.

A work mate of mines nieces boyfriend bashed her and left her in a dumpster for dead. She's still with him, they've had a baby and he basically has a roster of what she's allowed to do and allows her about one day a year to see her family.

I don't know why people subject themselves to such treatment but after hearing that, not much like this really surprised me anymore. Just keeps me with that unanswered question.

Well...my aunt had an abusive husband but she always said that the good times were really good even though the bad times were so bad. She finally left once he put her in the hospital. In her case when they first got together (and later as apology) he was sweet as could be. So in that situation she was fooled by him at first and later deluded herself into believing he really loved her. But there were drugs involved too so who knows how that further affected the situation.

But more common is this... I had a friend who kept getting into "relationships" with players who would never be faithful. She complained all the time. But then one day she told me how the guy she was dating was off flirting and I questioned it... and she said he did it on purpose and she wanted him to because it turned her on. So she wanted her man to go flirt with some other girl in front of her then they'd run off to the bathroom in whatever nasty bar we were in...and she couldn't understand why men were not faithful to her. But then again one of the guys she dated was always late because he he insisted on ironing his jeans before going out.

A true gentleman indeed.