Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Tragedy in Israel"-----Rand Paul

acidhead

http://m.nationalreview.com/article/381726/tragedy-israel-rand-paul

This week, three young boys were buried in Israel. The victims of kidnapping, they had been murdered by terrorists from Hamas.

The Obama administration responded with its condolences to the families and to the state of Israel, as well it should have. But it also called, as it always does in situations like this, for restraint on the part of Israel.

How many times must Israel hear this call? Children are murdered — please show restraint. Cafés and buses are bombed — please show restraint. Towns are victimized by hundreds of rockets — please show restraint while you bury your dead once again.

I think it is clear by now: Israel has shown remarkable restraint. It possesses a military with clear superiority over that of its Palestinian neighbors, yet it does not respond to threat after threat, provocation after provocation, with the type of force that would decisively end their conflict.

But sometimes restraint can work against you. Sometimes you just have to say, enough is enough.

I call for all aid to the Palestinian Authority — every penny — to be cut off. Not one more U.S. taxpayer dollar should flow to Hamas or to the Palestinian Authority as long as it is allied with Hamas.

Continued...

Really?

Ron Paul's son???

WOW

• Like 3

http://m.nationalrev...srael-rand-paul

This week, three young boys were buried in Israel. The victims of kidnapping, they had been murdered by terrorists from Hamas.

The Obama administration responded with its condolences to the families and to the state of Israel, as well it should have. But it also called, as it always does in situations like this, for restraint on the part of Israel.

How many times must Israel hear this call? Children are murdered — please show restraint. Cafés and buses are bombed — please show restraint. Towns are victimized by hundreds of rockets — please show restraint while you bury your dead once again.

I think it is clear by now: Israel has shown remarkable restraint. It possesses a military with clear superiority over that of its Palestinian neighbors, yet it does not respond to threat after threat, provocation after provocation, with the type of force that would decisively end their conflict.

But sometimes restraint can work against you. Sometimes you just have to say, enough is enough.

I call for all aid to the Palestinian Authority — every penny — to be cut off. Not one more U.S. taxpayer dollar should flow to Hamas or to the Palestinian Authority as long as it is allied with Hamas.

Continued...

Really?

Ron Paul's son???

WOW

Sounds like a man who understands the situation as it really is and is willing to take an unpopular stand with his potential base of voters. Note that he did not call for any other action by the US. That is significant I think. If you compare Rand's rhetoric with Cruz he sounds like a dove. Rand is running for president, I think. By the time he finishes "evolving" he may be unrecognizable to those who championed him a short while ago.

I agree with Rand Paul that we should cut all aid to Pakistan, Egypt, and the Palestinian territories.

I further understand -and he does not- that we should cut all aid to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Israel.

• Like 1

Sounds like a man who understands the situation as it really is and is willing to take an unpopular stand with his potential base of voters. Note that he did not call for any other action by the US. That is significant I think. If you compare Rand's rhetoric with Cruz he sounds like a dove. Rand is running for president, I think. By the time he finishes "evolving" he may be unrecognizable to those who championed him a short while ago.

He's gotta kiss up to his chickenhawk base or he'll never stand a chance at getting elected President (*see Ron Paul).

Nobody's gonna tell Rand Paul he doesn't stand with Israel when he introduced the Stand With Israel Act of 2014 for cripes sake! All the bill consists of is forbidding the US govt from giving to Palestinians in the future unless certain conditions are met.

Rand Paul is an establishment politician who seems to favor power over principle when the issue is Middle East foreign policy.

I agree with cutting aid to Israel. I think US aid to that country has become a little like the UK giving aid to India. It is almost out of "force of habit", or bureaucratic inertia, rather than out of a rational present-day need. Israel does not really need the aid - certainly not the military component of it.

Iraq and Afghanistan ? I think the aid should stay, at least for a while. After all, we have a collective responsibility for destabalising those nations, so we shouldn't cut and run until we have repaired the damage. I know a lot of money has already been poured into both those nations, but... well.....

Pakistan ? Hmm.. tricky. If the aid money is used to help their security services to stop Jihadist terrorists, then it may be money well spent.

Egypt ? A nascent democracy trying to defend itself from an emergent caliphacy. I don't think Egypt falling to the Muslim Brotherhood would be a good thing for the West, so I might support aid to them, providing it is being spent properly.

I think Palestine DOES deserve international aide, and in spade-loads. HOWEVER... it needs to separate itself from HAMAS and the PLO first, and genuinely mobilize its population to seek peace, rather than indoctrinating them in hate, before such aid can be given.

Occupation and oppression are what indoctrinate hate; the details notwithstanding. The people of Palestine aren't mindless drones incapable of their own thoughts and brainwashed by their govts to hate the people who are strangling their economies, stealing their property and robbing their children of futures. Palestinians don't need the PLO or Hamas to hate oppression. Nobody does.

Unsubstantiated accusations from Netanyahu (that everyone in the media just believes on faith, by default) that blame Gaza's govt for three murders is good politics to excuse Israeli bombs falling on children's heads in Gaza.

These are the crap results we get from a crap status quo. I'm done taking voices seriously who complain about the status quo and insist on propping it up at the same time. Cut everyone's aid to zero and then we can hear these politicians whine for their foreign aid and have to explain their global micromanagement.

• Like 1

IF the killings were done by Hamas, they by all means call it what it is an act of war.

If they were done by some random Palestinian though? That'd be like Australia going to War with America because some d******** teenagers shot an Aussie.

• Like 2

What 'restraint' did they show?

http://time.com/#294...d-teens-deaths/

Sorry, they are just as blood thirsty as the people they claim to hate.

Different sides of the same exact coin.

In lots of ways yes. But Israels stated purpose isent to wipe the other countries off the map. Iran and other countries in the region have clearly stated they will not stop until Israel dosent exist.

But as for the OP I completely agree with cutting of foreign aid. We literally fund everyone in the region and it always comes back to bite us.

i wont be surpriced at all if lots of israiles would agree on cutting aid to israel, they way they see it, is not aid, but strings attached, israel is capable to survive without that aid just fine, most of it gets into politician pockets anyway. our aid comes with conditions, is never given out for nothing.