Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to prolong Sleep Paralysis?

babymike360

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum, so sorry if this has been asked before. So basically, I am trying to WILD/ Astral Project (I'm trying to do either one). So yesterday morning (around 4 AM), I woke up, went to the wash room and then ate a cookie (cause I was hungry and I didn't want hunger to distract me). I then went back to sleep and tried to stay still. It felt like 30 mins before I got this strange feeling and then I heard a huge buzzing noise in my ear. I figured this was sleep paralysis and got excited, BUT it only lasted 2 or 3 seconds and then I went back to normal. Did I do something wrong here? How do I pro long sleep paralysis so it lasts a lot longer? Also this is my first try, please give me some more tips.

Thank you

• Like 1

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum, so sorry if this has been asked before. So basically, I am trying to WILD/ Astral Project (I'm trying to do either one). So yesterday morning (around 4 AM), I woke up, went to the wash room and then ate a cookie (cause I was hungry and I didn't want hunger to distract me). I then went back to sleep and tried to stay still. It felt like 30 mins before I got this strange feeling and then I heard a huge buzzing noise in my ear. I figured this was sleep paralysis and got excited, BUT it only lasted 2 or 3 seconds and then I went back to normal. Did I do something wrong here? How do I pro long sleep paralysis so it lasts a lot longer? Also this is my first try, please give me some more tips.

Thank you

You got excited. I know its tough not to, but you have to learn to relax at that point. If you get excited you will break your trance. Try lifting your arm up and getting up at that point. Careful, you may think you are physically up but you will have exited. I hope that helps:

• Like 2

Try lifting your arm up and getting up at that point. Careful, you may think you are physically up but you will have exited.

If you are in sleep paralysis, How do you lift your arm up? I thought Sleep Paralysis meant that your body was in a paralysis? Do I imagine putting my arms up in the air?

Thank you for the insight! I'll try again tonight

Edited by babymike360
  • Like 1

If you are in sleep paralysis, How do you lift your arm up? I thought Sleep Paralysis meant that your body was in a paralysis? Do I imagine putting my arms up in the air?

Thank you for the insight! I'll try again tonight

Just try. It will not be your physical arm. Do it naturally like something that's second nature. If you think about any physical paralysis you will be paralyzed, this is why many techniques have you think about doing something more natural. Part of your success before was because you did it in the morning. Make sure you repeat that sequence. Most people are unsuccessful at night. :)

• Like 1

White Crane Feather, I need your help. :nw:

So today morning, I am not sure If I astral projected or what but I relaxed like you said and once I reached SP and after a few seconds, I felt like I was floating up in the air but then everything was really dark and I couldn't see anything. I figured I had to open my eyes in the "Astral body", but instead I just broke SP and ended up waking up and confused. Can you tell me what happened? Did I go to the lower realm?

• Like 1

White Crane Feather, I need your help. :nw:

So today morning, I am not sure If I astral projected or what but I relaxed like you said and once I reached SP and after a few seconds, I felt like I was floating up in the air but then everything was really dark and I couldn't see anything. I figured I had to open my eyes in the "Astral body", but instead I just broke SP and ended up waking up and confused. Can you tell me what happened? Did I go to the lower realm?

I don't know about the lower realm, but it seems like you started to create an exit but are simply struggling to maintain it. This is all normal. There are all kinds of peaks, valleys, mishaps, and successes when starting this sort of work. Try to relax and let emotions slide through you. I tell people all the time learning to operate in altered states of consciousness is like learning to walk all over again. I have had all kinds of botched exits, falling through my bed, zinging across the room, or getting to excited in the middle of something incredible. I still do occasionally though is rare now. Mastering your mind to operate In OOB is a big undertaking. I think you are doing fine. Just relax and don't be in a hurry. Also have a clear intention of what you are trying to accomplish.

Why is it that you want to do this anyway? Just curious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright, It's been a while but I was able to AP again today and the same thing happened. Except this time I had ACTUALLY projected (I could feel myself floating)! My question here is how long do OBE/AP last? Can you have really long APs/OBE if you become good enough? I was just about to go explore my house before I got pulled back to my body.

Also you ask me my intent for doing this; I am doing this just out of plain curiosity.

Edited by babymike360
  • Like 1

The length of these experiences vary, usually depending on your experience. As you get better, they will last longer on average. There are some techniques out there that you can use to prolong the experiences. Rubbing your hands together, blowing on your hands, constantly touching things, etc. are all techniques that have worked for me. Anything that "anchors" your awareness to the experience will prolong it. The easiest way is to use your senses, especially touch. If you get into a situation where you're not using your senses, your awareness is likely to revert back to your body.

• Like 1

Alright, It's been a while but I was able to AP again today and the same thing happened. Except this time I had ACTUALLY projected (I could feel myself floating)! My question here is how long do OBE/AP last? Can you have really long APs/OBE if you become good enough? I was just about to go explore my house before I got pulled back to my body.

Also you ask me my intent for doing this; I am doing this just out of plain curiosity.

Action. A clear action to action. Intent to intent. At first it's when you stop to ponder something that snaps you back bit with clear intent you can go on all night or more. Eventually once you surrender to a purpose the purpose will guide you and it disnt matter anymore.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...