Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis - Ghost Captured On Video

mikepike78

Why is every single photo or video immediately classed as a fake? If it's too clear, it's a fake, if it's too grainy, it's a fake. If it clearly shows a UFO, it's a fake, if it shows a ghost, it's a fake. Why are you people even on this site if you dismiss everything out of hand? Ticks me off.

Because sleep paralysis is a very real and understood phenomenon. It's simply how our brain works. There's nothing paranormal about it.

• Like 2

Because sleep paralysis is a very real and understood phenomenon. It's simply how our brain works. There's nothing paranormal about it.

Also whenever someone attempts to document nocturnal paranormal experiences with a video camera, they always stop being paranormal.

There are some great videos of people in sleep studies. My all-time favorite is a teenage girl who stood up in bed with her eyes wide open, paused for a second, then let out a horrifying scream. Then laid back down like nothing had happened. The EEG showed that she had been asleep the entire time.

It looked spooky until the program showed her laughing while watching the video of herself. She couldn't remember doing it.

• Like 1

That's NOT a ghost......whilst asleep the guy has just done an epic fart !

What ever the video is, in which I do see it, I do hear a sound at the same time.

I think I have had sleep paralysis. It's probably rare for me. I remember in the process of waking up from an intense dream years ago and seeing my younger brother sitting in a chair at the foot of my bed. It was still dark and when I felt I was fully awake, I thought I could still see him so I remember fumbling around to turn on my light and when I succeeded, of course nothing was there. It was interesting, because it was of somebody still alive today. I'm told my father had one too, and it was of my uncle, still alive right now.

Anything else that could be making that shadow shape and noise, that is in the video? Be it anything, including natural. Also, I'm also interested in the kenetic video of the shadow man.

i agree with 6.6.6 on this one.

Next we'll see videos of a haggard old lady sitting on a dude's chest whilst he sleeps. (Old hag syndrome)

So before you get the bright idea to try and pull that one off, just remember, i called bs on it before you even conceived the thought!

Consider it a preemptive "i told ya' so!"

:P

• Like 3

I find it amazing how one word can change the whole meaning of a situtation "Shadow Entity"....Simply take off the "entity" and that is what you have...a "Shadow"....sorry but this is a shadow of something solid on the wall, not as accounts of this nature have previously suggested which is that of an ethereal mass or figure on three dimensional space above them. Of course I am only an observer but I call hoax on that one, sorry lol :td:

I MUST be blind, and stupid. I watched this video many times over but cannot see anything. Can someone please point out to me what the hell I am suppose to be seeing here?!!??!?!

• Like 1

Meh. I don't see shazbat.

You need to Check your brightness and contrasts if you can't see it

You need to Check your brightness and contrasts if you can't see it

Check. I played it fullscreen and saw a shadow-type thing on the wall above the head/foot of the bed.

Finally I saw it as well. It looks like a faint shadow which reminds me of the tail of a whale going upwards. Nothing definite to my eyes, though. But if it actually is a whale, then he probably needs to just to draw a line and say no to certain overnight guests. :)

• Like 1

Unexplained Mysteries and Mike Pike, you have some explaining to do.

There are just too many things that set off my BULL meter.

Please feel free to respond to these questions:

Why is this clip encoded on youtube at such a low resolution?

What was the original camera and thru what software was this processed?

Why is this the only activity on Mike Pikes Youtube page?

The clip has text and was edited. Didn't that set off a red flag to the Unexplained Mysteries staff?

The video clip includes text before the clip. In that text Mike Pike claims he "...nearly missed it on the footage, but I noticed a small spike in the audio signal so I looked at that part of the footage."

There is no audio spike. In fact the audio has been manipulated. It even includes sections that appear to have simple cut and paste edits. Did Unexplained Mysteries even consider looking into Mike Pikes' claim?

Mike, how did you know to frame the camera to that wall,that exact space? Was this the only instance?

How long did you record your sleeping feet before you decided to call it quits?

Since you experienced sleep paralysis for the first time just a few night prior to the video recording how do you know that is indeed what you had?

Mike, did you do a sleep study in those few days?

Mike, how are you so sure what you experienced is sleep paralysis and not something that would require more urgent care?

Unexplained Mysteries, Why haven't you asked Mike the questions I'm asking?

Mike, how can you seriously ask people their opinion and seek guidance when the only thing you have for people to examine is an edited and compressed video with manipulated audio? What do you seriously expect would happen?

Since Unexplained Mysteries is now equally responsible for passing on this video where can a person download the full resolution segment in order to actually do video analysis beyond just looking at Youtube?

And...

Why didn't Unexplained Mysteries not ask for that upfront before they went and popped this traffic generating story on the internet for all to see?

Edited by Brian Patrick

Because Brian Patrick, this guy is not reading the replies. He just want more views. Why ask questions when we know he wouldn't reply.

• Like 3

Because Brian Patrick, this guy is not reading the replies. He just want more views. Why ask questions when we know he wouldn't reply.

Yep. You are right. I might add I am also guilty of asking why UM decided to post it when we all know they don't give a damn about the validity as long as it generates traffic on the site. Where the hell is their moral compass and which direction is it pointing?

• Like 1

Yep. You are right. I might add I am also guilty of asking why UM decided to post it when we all know they don't give a damn about the validity as long as it generates traffic on the site. Where the hell is their moral compass and which direction is it pointing?

This is an open forum, the OP didn't break any site rules in posting his video.

We draw our own conclusions, UM staff isn't here to filter out the real from the fake.

If that was the case, there would be a ban on YouTube videos here. :)

• Like 1

Looks like the refrigerator thermostat is playing up with the camera, to me!

Its obvioisly a CGI effort. Again, im amazed there are adults out there who cannot instantly recognise the CGI.

I suffer from Sleep Paralysis. I get images of dark figures leering over me or sitting on my bed right next to where I am sleeping. They look like black shadows but full like a person. The one night there was one sitting next to me on my bed just staring at my wall. I had the most severe feel of terror and evil I didn't think possible.

However, it was nothing but hallucinations and is very common amongst people who suffer from SP. Mine got so bad at one point, I feared sleep and didn't sleep much at all.

Sorry, no, there's nothing in your video. You have SP; a sleep disorder that isn't that uncommon and you are of the small minroty who also suffer from halluncinations with it. Sorry you want something so bad to be real but it's not.

• Like 1

Its quite obviously not a real video,

Sleep paralysis, night terrors or waking hallucinations are nothing more than hiccup's between the conscious and the unconscious during different depths of sleep or during the waking moments, its been suggested that parts of the brain that control sight like the visual cortex and optic lobes come out of their sleep state so we are visually awake but the parts of brain that contol our thoughts and dreams and ability to control our muscles are still in sleep mode,

So we think we are awake due to being able to see but we are paralysed due to technically still being asleep! So naturally panic sets in and because we are spoon fed stories of alien abduction and demonic possession we automatically assume we are in the presence of evil! And the nightmarish thoughts become part of what we see through our eyes!

Its not all evil and scary during sleep paralysis either though! Ive read stories of people seeing passed love ones or even stranger things like seeing there car in the room or grass growing out the walls! But we only seem to pay attention to the stories of black figures or demons!

But what ever the hallucination or experience its all down to our brains not quite operating as they should!

Ive experienced similar things while on strong painkillers, and even when I stopped smoking the nicotine patches gave me horrific nightmares and waking visions! But its all natural and easily explained by chemicals in our bodies!

And I also believe that night terrors, waking hallucinations and chemical induced visions are behind 99% of all paranormal experiences!

The human brain is the only real mystery!

Oh, how I wish I could like your post a hundred times. Very well put and thank you for educating people on this.

A lot of people with SP don't even know it has a name and they think they are the only ones who suffer from it and that something is reaching out to them. I thought I was going crazy when I first started getting it and then found out about it and looked into it.

So, yeah, thank you.

Sleep paralysis, night terrors or waking hallucinations are nothing more than hiccup's between the conscious and the unconscious during different depths of sleep or during the waking moments, its been suggested that parts of the brain that control sight like the visual cortex and optic lobes come out of their sleep state so we are visually awake but the parts of brain that contol our thoughts and dreams and ability to control our muscles are still in sleep mode,

So we think we are awake due to being able to see but we are paralysed due to technically still being asleep! So naturally panic sets in and because we are spoon fed stories of alien abduction and demonic possession we automatically assume we are in the presence of evil! And the nightmarish thoughts become part of what we see through our eyes!

Its not all evil and scary during sleep paralysis either though! Ive read stories of people seeing passed love ones or even stranger things like seeing there car in the room or grass growing out the walls! But we only seem to pay attention to the stories of black figures or demons!

But what ever the hallucination or experience its all down to our brains not quite operating as they should!

Ive experienced similar things while on strong painkillers, and even when I stopped smoking the nicotine patches gave me horrific nightmares and waking visions! But its all natural and easily explained by chemicals in our bodies!

And I also believe that night terrors, waking hallucinations and chemical induced visions are behind 99% of all paranormal experiences!

Oh, how I wish I could like your post a hundred times. Very well put and thank you for educating people on this.

A lot of people with SP don't even know it has a name and they think they are the only ones who suffer from it and that something is reaching out to them. I thought I was going crazy when I first started getting it and then found out about it and looked into it.

So, yeah, thank you.

• Like 2

Its hard to say if this is real or not. Its too easy to fake something like this these days, and alot of people do it for attention to the point that any real videos will be immediately dismissed. So I will not say if i think it is real or not, seems like a well done recording though. But sleep paralysis has not been dismissed, of course lots of people would like to believe its a disorder, i mean everything is a disorder now, keeps the pharmacy going. But if you tell yourself that it is nothing then you are really just closing yourself, i guess it helps people to not be afraid.

Thats your opinion, but of course whenever someone has a paranormal experience there is going to be some chemical reaction in the body, that doesn't explain why it happens in the first place. Just shows that something did infact happen that can't be explained.

Its hard to say if this is real or not.

No, it really isn't. Sleep paralysis is real, the things you see during which, are not.

Its too easy to fake something like this these days, and alot of people do it for attention to the point that any real videos will be immediately dismissed. So I will not say if i think it is real or not, seems like a well done recording though. But sleep paralysis has not been dismissed, of course lots of people would like to believe its a disorder, i mean everything is a disorder now, keeps the pharmacy going. But if you tell yourself that it is nothing then you are really just closing yourself, i guess it helps people to not be afraid.

It's just another grab for YouTube views, plain and simple.

• Like 1

Well me & the ex both woke separately, a few seconds apart one dark, winter morning (at the time we were each unaware the other was awake) to see quite clearly, at the foot of the bed, the distinct outline of a figure that it later transpired, conforms to similar reports of the now infamous 'Hat Man' entity.

It was solidly black, not faint or shadowy in the least, and looked to all intents and purposes like a person in a long coat or similar with the unmistakeable silhouette of a brimmed hat on its head.

As I was still coming round as it were, it took me all of a couple of seconds to register 'WTF?' during which, my partner jumped & let out an audible gasp of alarm - upon which the figure seemed to melt away.

I immediately said 'What's up? What's the matter?' to which she dismissively said 'oh, it's nothing'.

I said 'No, come on - what did you jump at?'

'Oh, I just thought I saw something for a moment, that's all.'she replied

I said 'Er...me too! What did you see?'

'I just thought there was someone standing at the end of the bed...'

Again, I confirmed I'd seen it too & we compared descriptions, both agreeing it looked like a tall man of medium build, dressed in some long garment & with what appeared to be the outline of a brimmed hat on his head.

Other than that, neither of us had been able to make out any particular features or details either of a 'face' (if there was one) or the 'clothes' it appeared to be dressed in.

The adjoining house next door was for sale and had been empty for a time, probably a couple of months. Despite this there were often inexplicable sounds like a single loud knock or bang that seemed to come from next door in the very early hours of the morning.

One particular night as we were getting ready for bed, we both heard through the wall, the distinct & unmistakeable sound of a wooden chair being dragged across bare floor boards which spooked us somewhat!

Next morning, after informing the estate agents of possible intruders next door, they sent someone to check the property & confirmed the house was locked & secure. No one appeared to have broken in which left us to conclude 'ghosties' were responsible for the late night chair dragging etc.

The 'Hat Man' incident came shortly after these late night noises & we decided it too must be some sort of 'ghost' and - as none of this 'paranormal acitvity' seemed to be doing us any actual harm - we just got on with our lives & thought no more about it.

It was several years later that I came across reports about 'Shadow Entities' and 'The Hat Man' having previously thought it was just 'one of those things'.

If other people I've neither met nor am ever likely to are witnessing similar figures, years after we did, then maybe there's more to this than what we assumed was a harmless 'haunting' by a former resident.

Anyway, that's my story - make of it what you will.

Edited by nik-h

• 2 weeks later...

Unexplained Mysteries and Mike Pike, you have some explaining to do.

There are just too many things that set off my BULL meter.

Please feel free to respond to these questions:

Why is this clip encoded on youtube at such a low resolution?

What was the original camera and thru what software was this processed?

Why is this the only activity on Mike Pikes Youtube page?

The clip has text and was edited. Didn't that set off a red flag to the Unexplained Mysteries staff?

The video clip includes text before the clip. In that text Mike Pike claims he "...nearly missed it on the footage, but I noticed a small spike in the audio signal so I looked at that part of the footage."

There is no audio spike. In fact the audio has been manipulated. It even includes sections that appear to have simple cut and paste edits. Did Unexplained Mysteries even consider looking into Mike Pikes' claim?

Mike, how did you know to frame the camera to that wall,that exact space? Was this the only instance?

How long did you record your sleeping feet before you decided to call it quits?

Since you experienced sleep paralysis for the first time just a few night prior to the video recording how do you know that is indeed what you had?

Mike, did you do a sleep study in those few days?

Mike, how are you so sure what you experienced is sleep paralysis and not something that would require more urgent care?

Unexplained Mysteries, Why haven't you asked Mike the questions I'm asking?

Mike, how can you seriously ask people their opinion and seek guidance when the only thing you have for people to examine is an edited and compressed video with manipulated audio? What do you seriously expect would happen?

Since Unexplained Mysteries is now equally responsible for passing on this video where can a person download the full resolution segment in order to actually do video analysis beyond just looking at Youtube?

And...

Why didn't Unexplained Mysteries not ask for that upfront before they went and popped this traffic generating story on the internet for all to see?

you're new - you'll learn
  • Like 1