Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

26 girls fall ill in mass hysteria incident

UM-Bot

More than two dozen students at a girls high school in Japan suddenly became unwell at the same time.

The strange turn of events at Yanagawa High School began at around 10am on Monday when a first-year student suddenly shrieked and fell down in the middle of a lesson.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...steria-incident

• Like 1

Hmmmm...what's to stop these girls from having planned this via social media?

• Like 4

Hysterical girls? Surely not?

Is this an old story? I seem to remember hearing this exact story about a year or so ago in Japan and also NJ(?) or somewhere in the northeast.

Was there A) a cute boy/boy band nearby B) an impressive sale on shoes or C) were they overstressed Japanese HS girls (the industrialized nation with the highest suicide rate and lowest sex per capita) because any of those things might explain it.

• Like 3

Is this an old story? I seem to remember hearing this exact story about a year or so ago in Japan and also NJ(?) or somewhere in the northeast.

Nah... it happens all the time. It's what girls do; they are hysterical by nature. You never seen them at a pop/rock concert featuring boy bands? Some of them need sedated, fgs.

• Like 6

Nah... it happens all the time. It's what girls do; Some of them need sedating, fgs.

SOME....

• Like 1

could it of been mistaken for a singing lesson by any chance?

• Like 1

This is quite similar to a group of Canadian high school girls all starting off with Tourettes syndrome.

Oh dear, the dramatic teen years....I remember them well :innocent:

• Like 1

I heard of similar things happening in the states. The girls got hospitalized and declared to be temporarily insane. I don't remember when it happened, but I think it was in Pennsylvania.

• Like 3

Im pretty sure this is an old story, unless its happening again in Japan. I remember hearing a story about something like this a couple months ago, and also in other places too.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm not as batty as I thought I was sure I was becoming, I think, if that makes any sense...

The two posts above this one were the ones I was thinking of...

• Like 1

I heard this story too. I thought it was an urban legend. And haha. Not every teenage girl is crazy guys. Not even most.

• Like 2

I remember an extraordinary story from gimnasyum. Nefore an earthquake when the earth was not yet moving, i had a strange feeling that made me standing up on the feet in the class. I saw everyone else , my collegues doimg the same. Then in a few secomds we started feeling the shakes. It is not mass histeria, it is telephaty in due circumstances.

• Like 1

More than two dozen students at a girls high school in Japan suddenly became unwell at the same time.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...steria-incident

I think this is like when a person yawns and everybody else in the room starts yawning too. Perhaps theres even more powerful automatic responses built into our brains. Maybe one was activated with the girls.

• Like 2

I heard this story too. I thought it was an urban legend. And haha. Not every teenage girl is crazy guys. Not even most.

You are undoubtedly right about girls. It's women who are crazy because men make them so.

• Like 2

Was there A) a cute boy/boy band nearby B) an impressive sale on shoes or C) were they overstressed Japanese HS girls (the industrialized nation with the highest suicide rate and lowest sex per capita) because any of those things might explain it.

Or D) A giant alien octopus with many tentacles....... ;)

• Like 2

26 screaming girls. No wonder guys have Selective Hearing Disorder :w00t:

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Japanese culture and history but Japanese kids can be somewhat lemming like at times.

• Like 2