Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

The California Highway Patrol says that it is investigating footage posted on YouTube that shows a policeman repeatedly punching the face and head of a prostrate woman.

Video shows him straddling the woman and hitting her at least 11 times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-28173984

• Like 2

That's pretty much what I expect from American cops these days. Give a low IQ, under educated high school dropout bully a uniform/badge and some 'power' and he will act like a low IQ, under educated high school drop out bully.

• Like 3

The unarmed poor and mentally ill are routinely murdered by "peace" officers in the U.S.

Recently home from war, many are well trained in just the opposite of peace, but the routine of death without trial or jury, a mechanical mindset of dealing with undesirables.

• Like 1

This footage is even being shown in Australia. Apparently the woman didn't respond when the police officer told her to stop.

I don't know why he told her to stop, but on the footage she didn't appear to be doing anything wrong.

Nevertheless, she didn't deserve to be flung to the ground and punched numerous time to the head and face.

I did notice that she was an African American, perhaps that's the reason.

Another disgraceful incident for the CHP to cover up. :(

• Like 1

Well clearly we don't know the whole story so we can only speculate what came before the video.

The officer does appear to be have overstepped in hitting the woman, but I think it's a natural response to exert a bit of force on someone when you're frustrated. Clearly it was a dangerous situation with all of the vehicles nearby and the officer was annoyed by having to chase her down.

If truly in the wrong for his actions, he should be disciplined and sanctioned by the department.

What kind of a man hits a woman? A sad excuse for a human being,I wonder how many other times he's got away with this kind of thing?

• Like 4

I think it's a natural response to exert a bit of force on someone when you're frustrated.

only in the uncivilized world

• Like 8

There is no excuse for such actions; someone who does this should be terminated and never allowed to work in law enforcement again. But because we live in a police state, that will never happen. There will be an "internal investigation" he will likely plea for the all-important 'officer safety' that somehow...this small, unarmed woman presented an 'imminent threat' to his life; and then he will be slapped on the wrist and be back out on the streets before you know it, as if nothing ever happened.

What scares me is not just these incidents themselves...but the fact that they can get away with it with total impunity.

• Like 4

There is no excuse for such actions; someone who does this should be terminated and never allowed to work in law enforcement again. But because we live in a police state, that will never happen. There will be an "internal investigation" he will likely plea for the all-important 'officer safety' that somehow...this small, unarmed woman presented an 'imminent threat' to his life; and then he will be slapped on the wrist and be back out on the streets before you know it, as if nothing ever happened.

What scares me is not just these incidents themselves...but the fact that they can get away with it with total impunity.

Cops have a very dangerous and thankless job but when they circle the wagons to protect a fellow leo who obviously shouldn't have a badge.... they do themselves great harm. I agree - this guy needs to go AND he should face criminal and civil penalties IF this situation is as plain as it appears and there isn't some crucial bit of evidence we aren't privy to.
  • Like 4

Cops have a very dangerous and thankless job but when they circle the wagons to protect a fellow leo who obviously shouldn't have a badge.... they do themselves great harm. I agree - this guy needs to go AND he should face criminal and civil penalties IF this situation is as plain as it appears and there isn't some crucial bit of evidence we aren't privy to.

Agreed. But I've seen cases where when there is no evidence, they will INVENT evidence. For example, in this case he could say something like "she threatened me" or "I thought she was reaching for a gun." And of course the testimony of a sacred officer of the state counts for more than the testimony of a mundane, even if it's a bold faced lie. So lack of evidence never stops them either; then they just have to get more creative.

Or maybe the cop might have been saying "stop resisiting!" as he pummeled her; this is a classic excuse that they like to use; because evidently any even remotely defensive action such as squirming or putting your hands up to block punches from an officer is somehow seen as "resisting arrest." That's exactly what happened when that mob of cops beat that poor homeless guy to death; they were shouting "stop resisting!" the whole time.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 1

Without a random you tuber, we'd never know anything about this.

Cops have a tough job, but THIS kind of crap needs to be weeded out and stopped. There are too many good cops that see this behavior and do nothing.

The code of silence is sickening.

Here's another shocking tactic example of unnecessary brutality.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/31/watch-tucson-cop-body-slams-young-woman-during-unrest-after-u-of-a-b-ball-loss/

• Like 3

There was no excuse for this assault. The woman was subdued and contained. He merely needed to restrain the prone woman until backup arrived. There was no reason to use her as a human punching bag.

• Like 5

I didn't care to watch the video... i've seen enough videos of cops beating people... screaming "put your hands down!" and "stop resisting!"

Will someone please teach these goons that the human body will react INVOLUNTARILY to being beaten... by Putting our hands up to protect ourselves.. and other movements in RESPONSE to being beaten?

Edited by lightly
  • Like 4

but I think it's a natural response to exert a bit of force on someone when you're frustrated.

So is this the rationale one should use to excuse domestic and child abuse or any violence?

"I was frustrated so I hit him/her."?

• Like 3

only in the uncivilized world

Tell that to every parent that's ever spanked, grabbed, yanked, or squeezed a toddler when they were frustrated.

So is this the rationale one should use to excuse domestic and child abuse or any violence?

"I was frustrated so I hit him/her."?

Did I say it was an excuse? No. I said he was out of line and should be disciplined if found to be in the wrong. Since we only have the final few seconds of the incident, we really can't speculate what caused his reaction.

I simply said it is a natural reaction in many cases.

Tell that to every parent that's ever spanked, grabbed, yanked, or squeezed a toddler when they were frustrated.

Spanked? Do you live in the 19th century?! These are considered child abuse.

Hey look, here comes Jesse and Al.

In this specific case, it's more than justified. This is the kind of police brutality that truly warrants outrage.

• Like 1

Spanked? Do you live in the 19th century?! These are considered child abuse.

Are you kidding me? You would faint if you ever see a switch bush.

• Like 1

In this specific case, it's more than justified. This is the kind of police brutality that truly warrants outrage.

No doubt. I'll stand with Al Sharpton on this one in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

No doubt. I'll stand with Al Sharpton on this one in a heartbeat.

I bet that's a sentence you never thought you'd type. ;) Now, if only I could type, "cable TV is a bargain."

• Like 1

This could have been any of us. A few years ago in my area the cops dragged a man from his car and beat him for not responding. It turned out that the man was having a diabetic crisis and could not respond. I consider my self to be an ordinary law abiding citizen, not anti-police at all, but these incidents clearly show a lack of training and a hostile attitude towards the very people the police are sworn to protect. It seems that they have lost the ability to distinguish between criminals and the ordinary people they encounter. It's too bad she was a black woman because the ensuing racial uproar will cloud the real issue of abuse of authority.

• Like 2