Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will Jesus Sentence Me to Hell?

Duelix

I am an atheist, I support Gay rights, drink, vote liberal, listen to alternative music and have not been baptized. I have done some good and I am overall a decent person, in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

• Like 1

I am an atheist, I support Gay rights, drink, vote liberal, listen to alternative music and have not been baptized. I have done some good and I am overall a decent person, in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

If you are an atheist I don't think you would care until such time as the Heavy Judger of Men castes his perfect Judgement upon you. And even then I am inclined to believe that you will still disbelieve what is happening is in fact happening to you.

• Like 1

He'd be a pretty busy guy if he judged every single person who died, the real question is, would he have the time to complete such tasks if time does not really pass in heaven?

I thought we were already in hell. Or at least it feels like that sometimes.

• Like 2

Can you find the part in the bible where Jesus says that? Do you really even care? Are you just asking that question to torment Christians? Can you tell I spend a lot of time on the answer a question with a question thread?
  • Like 4

The theological answer is that god will judge you as an individual, measuring your heart and soul. If you are safe to be admitted "into heaven" you will be. Biblically you would be placed not in heaven but on the new earth with all the 'saved' resurrected humans. Only you , (and possibly god) know in your heart and mind, if you are really a good person or not .
  • Like 2

I thought we were already in hell. Or at least it feels like that sometimes.

Only to people who don't blame their own actions for their own unhappiness.
  • Like 2

We don't whether Jesus would judge you, but certainly know that some of our brethren would send you to hell if they were able. I'd say it's not Jesus we should be worrying about.

• Like 1

He'd be a pretty busy guy if he judged every single person who died, the real question is, would he have the time to complete such tasks if time does not really pass in heaven?

How about every single sentient lifeform in the universe? In that case, Judgment Day won't come anytime soon because Jesus would be busy preaching to denizens in Magellan Cluster by now. :D

I know who will judge you Sharon at Cinnabun.

Her condescending eyes burning holes right through you as you order a half dozen high calorie, sugary-laced diabetes bombs.

I just want to ride my shame train to deliciousness without her cruel unceasing gaze of endless hatred as she sits behind her cash register armor pouring liquid loathing throughout my every scrumptious, mouthwatering bite of heavenly Cinnabun goodness.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 3

I know who will judge you Sharon at Cinnabun.

Her condescending eyes burning holes right through you as you order a half dozen high calorie, sugary-laced diabetes bombs.

I just want to ride my shame train to deliciousness without her cruel unceasing gaze of endless hatred as she sits behind her cash register armor pouring liquid loathing throughout my every scrumptious, mouthwatering bite of heavenly Cinnabun goodness.

Does she know if you don't eat her bus she doesn't get paid? Whoa that sounds perverted.

in light of these facts will I be thrown into the lake of or granted mercy?

Don know, don't care.

Just read a "Chick tract".

I'm told by a lot of Christians that if you ask Jesus to forgive your sins he'll accept you into heaven.

I'm told by a lot of Christians that if you ask Jesus to forgive your sins he'll accept you into heaven.

I'm told that if a bell rings an angel gets its wings, but if a mousetrap snaps, an angel gets set on fire.

• Like 3

I'm told that if a bell rings an angel gets its wings, but if a mousetrap snaps, an angel gets set on fire.

Don't quit your day job. :w00t:

• Like 1

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18

Now the real question is this, Duelix, why would one refuse to believe if this is all they must do to avoid judgement? And the answer is usually that human nature tells us we are okay as we are and that NO ONE and nothing has a right to tell us how to live. When a person looks at things in this light the choice should become pretty clear. The gospel says nothing about becoming perfect. It just says to believe and to ask forgiveness. If a person feels they've done nothing to be forgiven for then why worry?

• Like 1

You're an atheist, I'm assuming you don't believe in heaven or hell, so it seems.... curious.... that you're asking whether you'll go somewhere that doesn't exist. It's like saying I haven't slaughtered anyone in glorious combat, will I still get to go to sto'vo'kor?
  • Like 5

You're an atheist, I'm assuming you don't believe in heaven or hell, so it seems.... curious.... that you're asking whether you'll go somewhere that doesn't exist. It's like saying I haven't slaughtered anyone in glorious combat, will I still get to go to sto'vo'kor?

Don't be so Jesuitic in your approach and you would be more effective; as it is you come across as a smartass.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. John 3:18

Now the real question is this, Duelix, why would one refuse to believe if this is all they must do to avoid judgement? And the answer is usually that human nature tells us we are okay as we are and that NO ONE and nothing has a right to tell us how to live. When a person looks at things in this light the choice should become pretty clear. The gospel says nothing about becoming perfect. It just says to believe and to ask forgiveness. If a person feels they've done nothing to be forgiven for then why worry?

You've got it messed up; one doesn't believe for a very simple reason -- there is insufficient evidence. Indeed the good evidence is against Christianity and its whole scheme, both historically and logically.

The evidence is the universe doesn't care about us and there is no God to change that. If it turns out that this is not the case and the universe does care, then no one will go to any Hell or such. That is just outrageous barbarism to think such things. It may take a million or a billion lives for us to get straight with the universe, but we will have all the time in the world.

I suspect the universe cares because of the fact we exist and we have sentience and intelligence and ethics and aesthetics and curiosity.

• Like 1

Ok so if there is a Jesus why doesn't he get down here and show himself. You know go on ac360 and give an interview to the general public about what they need to do avoid sinning. If god is all powerful then surely he could come on TV and tell us the secrets of the universe.

• Like 2