Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there Aliens-or not?

toyomotor

I've read recent articles by knowledgeable people who claim that some very early paintings by Leonardo DaVinci contain unexplained shapes that appear to be similar to the popular description of flying saucers.

Over many years, there have been unexplained sightings by rational and sane people of lights in the sky, flying saucer shapes and disturbance to electrical supply and/or communications.

The sightings etc. I refer to are the ones which have not been explained away.

Along with hundreds of other people, many years ago I saw a light in the sky which followed the terrain at an even distance, and then simply disappeared. Never explained.

In my view, it would take a very brave person to say, categorically, that there are no aliens or alien visits to earths atmosphere.

But, in scientific terms, it must be admitted that there is no proof, for or against.

I suppose we must continue wondering.

• Like 3

If the aliens have all of the proper visas, work permits and legal paper work along with a clean criminal record....wait humanity as aliens....well, as a species we have far from a clean legal record.

Can we be deported off of this planet?

By our estimates the universe is pretty darn colossal though. What freaks me out is how a random, everyday alien could've been sitting on the public transport rocket ship to Mxysiwjdkd29292-III, just planet hopping over the colony territory to get to work when some caveman was hammering away at a rock back in Earth's stone age and now that alien is deceased and their planets are bare and desolate, blasted from some atmospheric tragedy lol.

Are there aliens? Yes, 100%. Have they visited Earth before? Mixed opinions on the subject.

There is the idea that humans are the result of aliens messing with chimp dna and that is why we haven't found the missing link because there is no evolutionary link between humans and chimps.

Which imho isn't a bad idea by any means it's just unfortunate that Scientology picked that idea and became a crazy cult.

In my view, it would take a very brave person to say, categorically, that there are no aliens or alien visits to earths atmosphere.

I guess I'm very brave because I am saying that no aliens have visited our planet.

• Like 8

why we haven't found the missing link because there is no evolutionary link between humans and chimps.

That's probably because we didn't evolve from Pan troglodytes, we just share a common ancestor with them about 7 or 8 million years ago. In fact, Ardipithicus kaddaba and Sahelanthropus tchadensis are good candidates for a last common ancestor.

There is no such thing as a "missing link".

• Like 3

In the wide infinity of the cosmos? It's almost certain that there is so "almost certain" I'm more then happy to say "yes there is".

Visiting us on this blue and green and yellow rock of ours? Unless they've found a way to invalidate what we currently consider is an inviolable constant of physics then "no".

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 3

Yes there are aliens,and yes they are as real as all us here

• Like 1

Yes there are aliens,and yes they are as real as all us here

And you know this how exactly?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

The title of your posts asks if there are aliens, then your post seems like what you're really asking is if some of the UFO's are of alien origin.

Yes I would say it very likely aliens exist and no to them visiting us. You don't have to be brave to make either of those statements.

• Like 7

I think it's a big leap to jump from unexplained lights or objects in the sky to extraterrestrials. Once the mundane is eliminated, I think the only proper answer to. "What else could it be?" is"We just don't know."

• Like 5

Somewhere out in the vastness of the universe aliens most likely exist.

As to the question of have aliens ever visited us, there's no definitive evidence (so far). It's certainly not an impossible scenario...but it's not a 'done deal' like you see on some TV shows (*cough* Ancient Aliens* cough*).

• Like 5

I think it's a big leap to jump from unexplained lights or objects in the sky to extraterrestrials. Once the mundane is eliminated, I think the only proper answer to. "What else could it be?" is"We just don't know."

Thing is one can never completely eliminate the mundane. There are always unknown third options. To be convincingly extraordinary is not achieved by eliminating all other options. Holmes had that wrong. The extraordinary requires its own evidence, and the more extraordinary it is the more evidence is needed.
  • Like 2

Are there aliens? Somewhere in the vastness of space there could be.

Have they developed to the point where they have mastered intergalactic journeys? Potentially some might.

So if there are aliens that have mastered traversing the universe,out of all the millions of planets, have they visited earth? I think there is no evidence to suggest they have.

• Like 4

Somewhere out in the vastness of the universe aliens most likely exist.

We have no information so we can't say either way.

Two things I do know. A lot of people really want there to be other life in the universe, and it's very unpopular to say that you don't have enough information to declare whether it exists or not.

• Like 1

Apparently the 98 natural elements found on earth are the same found elsewhere in outer space. So logic would suggest that out of the billion planets in the universe some have been able to create the right cocktail mixture for life to exist. To suggest they're zipping around our skies or even better, landing and snatching some of us for experiments, well, I'm not too sure about that.

I just can't digestive some of the stories that there's some intergalactic consortium that has agreed to keep the mystery secret from us because we're not intelligent enough or that there is some agreement with the US Govt to use some of us as guinea pigs in exchange for technology. As far as I'm concerned having conscience is intelligent enough. Also, why the agreement only with the US Govt?

• Like 2

What freaks me out is that when some caveman was smacking away sharpening some stone as a tool, an everyday average joe alien could've been boarding some inter-planetary public transport ship to get to its factory job, now its planets are long erased and no trace of it exists.

• Like 1

Two things I do know. A lot of people really want there to be other life in the universe, and it's very unpopular to say that you don't have enough information to declare whether it exists or not.

That's probably because the more we learn about the cosmos, the more it becomes utterly improbable that the Earth should be the only planet harbouring life forms.

The sheer weight of the statistics and probability is overwhelming. Astronomers have found more than a thousand planets, some Earth-like, only by looking in some parts of the Earth's neighbourhood. And it's not going to stop.

''As for what it says about the odds that there is life somewhere out there, it means "just in our Milky Way galaxy alone, that's 8.8 billion throws of the biological dice," said study co-author Geoff Marcy, a longtime planet hunter from the University of California at Berkeley.''

Source: http://www.nbcnews.c...way-f8C11529186

That's in the Milky Way alone.. Astronomers estimate that there is 100 to 200 billions of Galaxies in the Universe. :whistle:

Scratching the surface for exoplanets since 1995 gives a total of 1123 planetary systems / 1807 planets / 465 multiple planet systems discovered between 1995 and 2014 according to the Exoplanet.eu catalog.

http://exoplanet.eu/catalog/

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

That's probably because the more we learn about the cosmos, the more it becomes utterly improbable that the Earth should be only planet harbouring life forms.

The sheer weight of the statistics and probability is overwhelming.

''Astronomers using NASA data have calculated for the first time that in our galaxy alone, there are at least 8.8 billion stars with Earth-size planets in the habitable temperature zone.

The study was published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.''

Source: http://www.nbcnews.c...way-f8C11529186

That's in the Milky Way alone.. Astronomers estimate that there is 100 to 200 billions of Galaxies in the Universe. :whistle:

Scratching the surface for exoplanets since 1995 gives a total of 1123 planetary systems / 1807 planets / 465 multiple planet systems discovered between 1995 and 2014 according to the Exoplanet.eu catalogue.

http://exoplanet.eu/catalog/

Yes, statistics would say alien life if out there. However, the Universe is a very unpredictable place and I simply do not believe it before I see tangible evidence for the existence of same.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

I've read recent articles by knowledgeable people who claim that some very early paintings by Leonardo DaVinci contain unexplained shapes that appear to be similar to the popular description of flying saucers.

That claim makes it's way around popular entertainment mediums on a regular basis, passing for news on a slow day. It is absolute nonsense created by charlatans who wish to re-write historical record for a quick buck.

For a quick reference to actual interpretations that these halfwitted TV Show presenters knock together this linkcan assist you with the actual meanings of those symbols.

Over many years, there have been unexplained sightings by rational and sane people of lights in the sky, flying saucer shapes and disturbance to electrical supply and/or communications.

We are finding out that natural phenomena is largely electrical in nature, and therefore will cause disturbances, when the apparition is no =t visible, the same failures might be attributed to a Ghost or some such. A light in the sky may well make your radio fail. That's no reason to invoke ET just yet though.

The sightings etc. I refer to are the ones which have not been explained away.

There is still no actual reason to invoke ET, it's just wishful thinking spurred on by pop culture.

Along with hundreds of other people, many years ago I saw a light in the sky which followed the terrain at an even distance, and then simply disappeared. Never explained.

Are you sure it was unexplained? Did you try to find out any more about it?

Min Min lights do exactly this, and are not alien in any respect.

I'll be the second one in the thread. There is no proof of aliens, or alien visits happening in Earth Atmosphere, on earth, or anywhere close-by. If any single individual feels they can prove that wrong, I challenge them to try.

But, in scientific terms, it must be admitted that there is no proof, for or against.

Are they not supposed to be spaceships? We track them on RADAR and yet not a single UFO once in all time has ever left or entered via the earths atmosphere - they do not even go into space. RADAR Says they have terrestrial trajectories. They begin here, stay here, and end here.

That is proof they are NOT spaceships is it not? None of them go into space. That does not support the ET idea, it goes against it, but proponents often state RADAR is proof. And it is, just not what it is purported to be. It proves these things are not spaceships.

I suppose we must continue wondering.

I'd like to offer a small correction, and say we need to keep searching for answers.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 5

I see no point in talking about all the stars and planets that are out there when we don't know the odds.

I see no point in talking about all the stars and planets that are out there when we don't know the odds.

This..

I have no problem believing there are plenty of other lifeforms (way, way) out there, but intelligent space-faring ones who can overcome the tyranny of distance? Maye there's a way to cheat the speed of light, but maybe there isn't.. And to those who say that statistics guarantee life, I'd throw a bit of a spanner into those numbers. All life on earth appears to have sprung from one chemical 'accident'. Just once. Just once in 3.5 billion years or so. And in last several hundred years of serious attempts, not one clever scientist has recreated that accident. So it's all very well saying there may be plenty of lively looking earth clones out there, but my guess is the overwhelming majority will be devoid of life, just as every planet in our solar system 'cept ours, appears to be. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, but I think life will be found to be vanishingly rare. Intelligent/technological life, even rarer. My WAG is about one or less per galaxy.. The chances of us finding each other are close to zero, imwo.. :D

• Like 4

We have no information so we can't say either way.

While one can't declare definitively, one can go with the odds. In recent years we've discovered planets are a rather common occurance. We know the building blocks necessary for the formation of life do indeed exist elsewhere. We're aware that the conditions/environment needed for life could very well be present on some of these extra-solar planets. The universe is really, really big...the odds seem to be in favour of there being life someplace else.

Most scientists now agree with this position. Obviously we don't know for sure. We won't know that 'if and until' we find other life.

• Like 2

....but my guess is the overwhelming majority will be devoid of life, just as every planet in our solar system 'cept ours, appears to be. I'll be delighted to be proved wrong, but I think life will be found to be vanishingly rare. Intelligent/technological life, even rarer. My WAG is about one or less per galaxy.. The chances of us finding each other are close to zero, imwo.. :D

Yeah, this does seems to be the most likely scenario. Alien life (if it exists) is probably very, very far away from us. There's also the time factor, even if intelligent life managed to evolve would it be during the same period of time as our civilization!

I suspect the first life (and perhaps the only life) we stand to find will be very simple in nature.

• Like 3

That's probably because the more we learn about the cosmos, the more it becomes utterly improbable that the Earth should be the only planet harbouring life forms.

Conversely, the more we learn about the history of the Earth and the many events that happened that prevented life from destroying itself, the more it becomes utterly improbable that the long series of extraordinary events that resulted in continuous life here would ever be repeated.

The sheer weight of the statistics and probability is overwhelming. Astronomers have found more than a thousand planets, some Earth-like, only by looking in some parts of the Earth's neighbourhood. And it's not going to stop.

You are only looking at one half of the probability equation and ignoring the other half. Equations have two sides. This one must be balanced by the sheer weight of the requirements of life which we know much less about.

And on the other side of the equation, what are the odds of life appearing on a planet? With a sample size of eight, we don't have much information to go on. We do know that there were many opportunities for life to die out on Earth but through nothing but luck, life survived.

Scratching the surface for exoplanets since 1995 gives a total of 1123 planetary systems / 1807 planets / 465 multiple planet systems discovered between 1995 and 2014 according to the Exoplanet.eu catalog.

That's great but I could buy a thousand lottery tickets and still not win.

• Like 1