Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peacocks trash woman's kitchen

Still Waters

Escaped peacocks have taken over a suburban street, with five of the birds invading a grandmother's home and trashing her kitchen.

Jenny Gibson popped to her neighbour's briefly and left her front door ajar, only to find five of the birds in her home upon her return.

http://www.telegraph...ns-kitchen.html

• Like 2

Poor Jenny. :( lol

*adds 'marauding peacocks' to list of excuses for having a messy kitchen.. and garden... and for not shaving*

Peacocks are really good eating. They come into my kitchen they might end up in the oven. It isn't a good idea to leave your door open when you go to the neighbors you might find a robber instead of a peacock when you get home.

• Like 2

Peacocks are really good eating. They come into my kitchen they might end up in the oven.

Thanksgiving main course acquired.

• Like 1

My grandparents had 3 peacocks on their ranch... Like swans, they're meaner than hell! Hahaha

• Like 1

I love the sound of peacocks. Someone in the neighbourhood has got a peacock and it makes a loud calling noise every morning. It's lovely.

when my grandparents peacocks were still very young, they'd flutter up to the roof of their log cabin, then launch themselves off the roof... screaming, and flapping, they sounded like freight trains. They drove my grandmother so insane I really feared she'd pull out the shotgun and fill 'em full of lead. LOL. They're pretty, but they're mean. LOL.

In fact, there's one image that's permanently burned into my brain... a 4th of July back around 1978, I was maybe 11yo... we were lighting fireworks in my grandparents front yard (they had a GIANT very rural ranch) and one of the fireworks went rogue, and was chasing my father across the yard, which scared the peacocks who also started in on the chase, then followed by a very terrified (or annoyed) billy goat... FUNNIEST IMAGE EVER. Dad > Fireworks > Peacocks > Angry Billy Goat ... let's just say that at the end of the chase, dad lost, and the goat won. LOL.

Edited by MissMelsWell