Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ringmakers

markprice

Mark, when I am told I am wrong by every person on a thread / forum (even tho it doesn't happen often :D), I tend to consider another possibility.. One that doesn't involve *them* all being wrong.

Can you guess what that possibility is? Go on, see if you can say it, let alone consider it.

• Like 8

This one did nothing to change my view of them.

You actually watched all 2 hours of that?

This is not a guy viewing second hand NASA images; it's the real thing.

Mark, Berger examined pictures published in the newspapers under a magnifying glass. He literally started with third-hand pictures. By the time he published his book, he had gotten to second hand images, the same ones that NASA had given to the newspapers. He never got the originals because he never requested them; he simply assumed they were originals. Since the publication of his book, others have pointed out the error, that the pictures given to the newspapers were composites of multiple pictures, due to precisely the sort of photography error Seeder posted. In particular was the Saturn pic, which was the foundation of the entire theory. The four points of light Berger decided were multiple spacecraft were actually the same spot of light, from four separate pictures.

He was wrong. Simply put, he made a mistake. That mistake grew into a theory that would really only work on paper, and that would be disproven by later discoveries that, in all fairness, Berger had no way of predicting. Nonetheless, the simple, unavoidable, truth is that Berger made a mistake by looking at third-hand pictures, theorized about giant electric space mosquitoes that plugged into moons and rode them around, and didn't know about the moon getting electrically charged when it went through the Earth's magnetotail.

• Like 5

The people at NASA are way too intellectual, open-minded and literal to hide anything. NASA is the mother of all nerdfests and I'd give my right arm to a part of it because what they do is so uber cool. The down side is they don't do a very good of selling what they do to the public. I grew up during Mercury-Gemini=Apollo, and they made the fantastic feat of repeatedly landing on the moon an excruciating bore for most of the public to watch. It's almost like their ratings plunged so low that the Apollo Program was canceled. Seriously. If anyone bothers to watch the NASA channel you know things haven't changed much. The public at large doesn't care about the new rover on Mars because in their mind it about rocks. Mars rocks. Mars rocks that look just like rocks on Earth. Great science, but would want to watch a show about the rocks of, say, Ireland? Seriously? (I would, but I nerd out on stuff like that.) Not Joe sixpack and coupon Patty, 'though. NASA and it's data base is an open book. How do you think the Chinese got into space? Secrets? NASA doesn't know the meaning of the word.

This reminds me of that story from last year about a NASA chappy going "there's going to be some stunning news from the probe soon once we've collated the results" and the Internet erupts with speuclation about aliens and life etc.

Turns out it's about Mars' iron content.

The original NASA chappy? "YES IT'S BRILLIANT ISN'T IT?" full of beans and energy about some rocks.

Does anyone other then the tinfoil brigade think people like that could keep alien life secret for a week let alone 45 years?

• Like 6

"Crap, the government is threatening to cut our budget again! Anyone got anything to justify keeping us open?"

"Well, there's that abandoned alien base on the moon--"

"No, no, Jenkins, let's not be silly; we are scientists, we will use science. Howard, how is the iron content on Mar's research going? Fantastic? Let's go with that!"

• Like 7

This is the sort of stuff this site thrives on. I posted a thread about the old NASA satellite responding to the amateur ground control signals and waking up, and it was locked because it duplicated an old thread somewhere. The title of the old thread is so dry and vague I must have missed it. Mine was a much better attention getter . Oh well.

Mark, Berger examined pictures published in the newspapers under a magnifying glass.

Incorrect, he started with 35mm slides then later avoided NASA altered images.

Mark, when I am told I am wrong by every person on a thread / forum (even tho it doesn't happen often :D), I tend to consider another possibility.. One that doesn't involve *them* all being wrong.

Can you guess what that possibility is? Go on, see if you can say it, let alone consider it.

Not to get too philosophical here but do you realize how incredibly wrong you are? If a hundred more people are as wrong as you it will still not make you right. Think before you post.

MP

Ran across this interview:

*snip*

What intrigues me most is the ability of technology to grow physically; never heard that hypothesis before.

They are working on other planets besides Saturn now. Is earth a potential target for rings?

IMO we are dealing with one of the most advanced minds on our planet currently who had clearance above the president...

I think you have me on ignore but no matter, someone can ask your opinion of the Cassini-Huygens mission and how it has totally disproved B's silly and asinine assertions. In the light of that evidence how can you still believe in this garbage?

• Like 4

Not to get too philosophical here but do you realize how incredibly wrong you are? If a hundred more people are as wrong as you it will still not make you right. Think before you post.

MP

In other words you aren't interested in facts.

Bergrun also reckons you can breathe on the moon,its a base and its teeming with life and was towed into place by an alien spacecraft.He believes the face on Mars is alive.He believes the Phobos probe was destroyed by an alien ship.He believes there is life on Saturn. Do you believe all that nonsense too?

• Like 6

MP

Blackadder: Do you know what Irony is?

Baldrick: Yea my lord, it's like Goldy and Bronze.

I have no idea why that jumped into my head just now....

• Like 3

No, he got the slides later. He didn't avoid the altered images; they are the ones published in his book.

Just for the fun of it, here is a link explaining the error from a guy attempting to justify his own slant on the electromagnetic space vehicles: Please take note, Mark, that this is how one is meant to present a case. The specific error is pointed out and the explanation for the error is made and sourced. He also posits his own theory about electromagnetic vehicles, and he also cites and sources the information he derived his conclusion from as well. That is how a person garners a bit of respect when presenting a theory that is on the fringe; by acting like an actual researcher.

• Like 7

okay, I'm sensing an IQ void here...

Well, to be fair it is really a credibility void. You are presenting highly unsupported, fringe ideas as fact. You pretty much have to expect some questions and even some ridicule. The ideas of a single person are not science. You cannot expect anyone to take you seriously when you present such ideas and don't leave open the possibility they are wrong. To make matters worse, you have referred to established science as worthless dogma. Why dig such a hole if your goal is to persuade? Reasonable people are swayed by reasonable arguments. You call those who question you or doubt these ideas stupid. Your behavior suggests you are really just trolling. At this point, I don't understand why we are still engaging you.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 6

At this point, I don't understand why we are still engaging you.

Well I'm on holidays and the units for next term are already written.

• Like 4

When I watched the Post #1 video, Mr Bergrun said that only his first book, Tomorrow's Technology Today, used pictures that he took. He said Ringmakers of Saturn used all NASA photos.

Do you mean later, after the book had been published and he was doing seminars and interviews?

• Like 2

Don't feed the troll. In this topíc there are quality posts about Saturn (for people who are not fully aware of this planet, like I do) but he keeps refusing to see the facts, so he's probably a big waste of time and effort. He won't change his mind.

• Like 6

Don't feed the troll. In this topíc there are quality posts about Saturn (for people who are not fully aware of this planet, like I do) but he keeps refusing to see the facts, so he's probably a big waste of time and effort. He won't change his mind.

MrBene- you should be watching the football!!

• Like 5

Don't feed the troll. In this topíc there are quality posts about Saturn (for people who are not fully aware of this planet, like I do)

Cant resist:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258684&hl=

• Like 3

I watched the whole match and I cried like a 15 year old teen. So happy for my country and people :)

• Like 3

MP

Wait a minute...do you realize you just summed up your own entire set of contrived arguments and posts with this /\?

Do you understand the meaning of irony at all?

• Like 4

Wait a minute...do you realize you just summed up your own entire set of contrived arguments and posts with this /\?

Do you understand the meaning of irony at all?

No but he probably knows of a website that can prove it should be spelled ybscenii which is the language of the beings who build the rings around Saturn.

• Like 4

No but he probably knows of a website that can prove it should be spelled ybscenii which is the language of the beings who build the rings around Saturn.

:clap:

• Like 2

I watched the whole match and I cried like a 15 year old teen. So happy for my country and people :)

Are you talking the 7-1 Ger vs Braz game?

• Like 1