Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A British company is developing self-healing fighter jets, transformers which split in the air when approaching the warzone and even 3D printers that could create drones while in the middle of a mission.

The science fiction technology is being researched by BAE systems who believe some of the ideas could be deployed by 2040.

http://www.dailymail...rfare-2040.html

Can't we all just get along?

Guess not, war is to profitable.

Can't we all just get along?

Guess not, war is to profitable.

who said war? alot of electronic products that we use now have come from components from combat aircraft

Well, combat aircraft are designed for combat right?

• Like 1

Self healing, then they give them AIs to keep human casualties down.

Then we're all screwed

Did the Terminator series teach us nothing?

• Like 1

Self healing, then they give them AIs to keep human casualties down.

Then we're all screwed

Did the Terminator series teach us nothing?

It taught us the hold time machines in reserve in case things get out of hand.

• Like 1

Lol.."hold time machines in reverse..."... Funny! Sorry to tell you,but the "Machines"(more like metal Frankensteins)will be owning the human race in the very near future.But,there might be someone who sees this coming and might be helping in the making of the A.I.

99 Percent of the population have no idea how far along we really are.Its very frightening to think of the outcome if this singularity comes to fruition. DARPA is where this originated. They are the "Skynet" to our..umm,your future.There is so much i cant even get into..but they are waaay much more further along than you know.

BAE systems is the ones responsible for a lot of really Amazing drone technology. They developed "Taranis". A fully autonomous drone that has more under the hood then they talk about.Its A.I. is so sophisticated, it does the following.. By itself,with no human interaction, it can control up to 16(!) Other Tarantis drones.Its biometric enhanced A.I. can pick its targets,by itself, assign any of the other drones targets that it picks on its own.And it moves at mach 1.Fast,thinks for itself,controls other drones,no humans needed.There is more,but its not just the above mentioned abilities, as it is also stealth.

And now they have "self healing" drones...makes ya wonder what the classified stuff does.Very good find Still Waters.Good article.

can they heal faster than a misile that taken out half of it?, it could probably heal wires and shrapenal holes in the hud but i dont think it could heal more than 20% no even 10% damage external or internal, so self healing terminators are long way to go.

• Like 1

hold time machines in reserve

Lol.."hold time machines in reverse..."...

(spot the difference....)

Self healing Aircraft. You suppose they got the idea from the Borg on Star Trek TNG when the Enterprise

would blast the Borg cube and it would fix itself? :yes:

• Like 1

My guess that at the rate that all technologies roll over, that it will be sooner than 30 years.

These Transformer aircraft. I wonder if these are black ops that aren't experimenting with them already.

When people make ufo reports they sometimes say that smaller objects will break off from the

main one and fly off in different directions and then converge back to the main one.

can they heal faster than a misile that taken out half of it?, it could probably heal wires and shrapenal holes in the hud but i dont think it could heal more than 20% no even 10% damage external or internal, so self healing terminators are long way to go.

If it suffers too much damage to heal, it can use a 3D printer to print another copy of itself to continue the fight!

All this technology and better is probably already in use, all they are doing are preparing us so it doesn't come as a surprise if it happens earlier.

If it suffers too much damage to heal, it can use a 3D printer to print another copy of itself to continue the fight!

it's like saying taking a 15 Billion doller plane, bombard it and let it make another 15 billion doller plane with the raw material onboard. (assuming that it's 15 billion, a advanced fighter plane with good A.I is worth around that amount i think, self healing would probably cost more)

but i guess they've thought about it hard, that is if the plane doesnt heal the enemy becomes really rich O.o

15 Billion doller should be equviliant to a years gold digging (around 12b)

Edited by Calle

(spot the difference....)

Haha, good catch.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Madness human society. Instead of building peace they build war devices.

Iam sure they have this tecnolgy allready very cool

Edited by coolguy

Sounds the stuff of science fiction! I can see how it WOULD be possible to have this kind of 'self-service' platform, but in reality, I don't think it will ever come to be in such a fantastical format as this anyway lol. There is always the crushing reality of defense budgets etc that seem to destroy these plans before they ever get off the drawing board.

Would be a great, but beyond the black ops / secret testing which I suspect this has already been subject to, I don't think we are going to see this become mainstream technology.

Perhaps a little cynical I admit, but seen it happen too many times before lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When do this insanity stop?!?

Ever watch Babylon 5?

Sheridan: "How will this end?"

Kosh: "In fire."

Problem is not one of technology but one innate in humans: "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

Though war can be fought for noble reasons more often it is evil men playing with nasty toys and a lot of innocents being hurt or killed.

Edited by Sundew