Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I saw something in the sky

qxcontinuum

Great eye witness account you saw a real UFO. Congrats

Edited by coolguy

And you could say i am one of the "non ufo believers" if you read my other threads.

Sorry, but does that mean that you do not believe that flying objects can be unidentified?

Today since it didn't rained i have been there again. I stopped roughly for an hour in the very same spot. I saw during this time 6 planes from which 2 were on a similar trajectory like the object i saw. I was able to see them going nicely from their initial distant size to a very small dot and disapearing . I wasn't able to replicate visualy the initial happening.

As I said, it takes specific conditions for this optical illusion to happen. Most of the time you'll see the planes clearly, especially if they are large planes.

You saw two planes on the same trajectory as your UFO? You consider that to be a coincidence?

Could just be that you saw the next generation of the government spy plane. The blackbird was known to fly at insanley high speeds and that has been around since the 60s. It could have just kicked into high gear, and with your angle and the angle of the sun it made it seem like in vanished to you.

For as advanced as we are supposed to be, our eyes kind of suck if you think about it ;)

For as advanced as we are supposed to be, our eyes kind of suck if you think about it ;)

I don't think it's our eyes that are at fault if you read the research out there, more like our brains are "tricking" us.

Only you, QX, can really be sure what you saw; I am really interested though.

I don't think it's our eyes that are at fault if you read the research out there, more like our brains are "tricking" us.

Our brains take in a huge amount of confusing information from our eyes continuously. To prevent our consciousness from being overwhelmed, our brain does its best to provide us a view of the world that takes a minimal amount of effort to understand. Sometimes it fails. Studies have shown (and are featured in every Psychology 101 class) that it's worst when we see something for a few moments then try to make sense of what we saw from memory.

• Like 2

Our brains take in a huge amount of confusing information from our eyes continuously. To prevent our consciousness from being overwhelmed, our brain does its best to provide us a view of the world that takes a minimal amount of effort to understand. Sometimes it fails. Studies have shown (and are featured in every Psychology 101 class) that it's worst when we see something for a few moments then try to make sense of what we saw from memory.

Which describes about 99% of sightings.

• Like 1

And you could say i am one of the "non ufo believers" if you read my other threads.

But today i saw something astounding, something i never thought i will see;

At 7.05 pm est, i was driving my sport bike on a bumpy road on winston churchil street heading towards Caledon Ontario Canada. Caledon is a quick destination for any motorcycle lovers trying to get away the stop lights and traffic rubbish as well the summer heat from Mississauga city.

Right before entering in a small Terra Cotta village, something ahead in the sky was puling my attention. The road was empty straight ahead with very less traffic at that time and i was riding with about 50km /hr. I saw a bright light in the sky at a not extremely higher altitude that looked like heading towards me. Initially i thought it could be a police traffic helicopter with lights. I locked up on my speedometer making sure the speed is adjusted properly to the signs , then the light dimmed quite fast and i saw a metallic cylinder. The sun setting was to the left, so it could have been a plane reflecting light in the sunlight. I literally smiled remembering about this forum and how easy ppl could misidentify planes with ufo's. But my smile has shortly vanished. In just a mater of seconds i saw another flash and no longer the object. I must mention The sky was crystal clear blue with no traces of clouds. I stopped the bike and stare in the sky more than 5 minutes. Nothing was there anymore and if that was a plane, i should have seen it. Overall i saw the object a few seconds and then was gone without trace. The entire event until i stopped the bike has unfolded for just 20 to 40 seconds...no planes can dissapear out of sight this fast....

End of story.

Will go again at exact the same time in the upcoming days

i was too a non believer of UFO untill Sep 10th 2013,untill i saw with 8 other people a very bright orange ball that later become fastest moving thing i ever seen before, i understand you very well in this situation and appriatiate that you honestly shared your sighting here. :tu:

Tell the cops so they can arrest it for impersonating a ufo :w00t:

Sorry, but does that mean that you do not believe that flying objects can be unidentified?

I should have said , that i am not a ufo alien driven believer, or if there is a bit part in me believing in it that is just like 2%.

Everyone seems to believe it was something higher up in the sky that dimmed due to distance. I did mentioned it was not that high and not very far either. Was the same altitude normally a helicopter would fly hence believing initially to be a heli. Even more i thought it is coming towards me first. The cylinder was quite biggish when i saw it. It was not a dot before disappearing that is the problem, it was a long shaped cylinder that went to nothing too fast. I should have seen wings in its initial size if was a plane. but i did not . No wings and i was basically seeing it from its left side rear.

Question; if the sun light as was setting was red, should the object reflection been blue- white or orange too. Forgot to mention this detail?

Edited by qxcontinuum

i was too a non believer of UFO untill Sep 10th 2013,untill i saw with 8 other people a very bright orange ball that later become fastest moving thing i ever seen before, i understand you very well in this situation and appriatiate that you honestly shared your sighting here. :tu:

Uhm, you can't be a non-believer of UFOs as the term UFO is a definition.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

Everyone seems to believe it was something higher up in the sky that dimmed due to distance. I did mentioned it was not that high and not very far either. Was the same altitude normally a helicopter would fly hence believing initially to be a heli.

How did you calculate this distance?

Even more i thought it is coming towards me first. The cylinder was quite biggish when i saw it. It was not a dot before disappearing that is the problem, it was a long shaped cylinder that went to nothing too fast. I should have seen wings in its initial size if was a plane. but i did not . No wings and i was basically seeing it from its left side rear.

That exactly how a distant plane can look sometimes when it's flying with its side to you and then turns toward you or away from you. Wings are not always visible on some planes in some directions at some distances. Some fighter planes like the F-16's that blast around my area have wings that are nearly invisible when the plane is heading toward you -- the plane is designed to present a small cross-section from this direction to be less visible to the enemy when it attacks.

These factors have to line up perfectly to create this illusion, but as you said you've been watching dozens of planes every day for years so you were bound to see it eventually.

Many years ago I thought I saw a meteor or some space junk right after sunset. I saw what looked like something explode in the sky -- it was that bright. I was shooting pictures at a football game so I had a 300mm lens but before I could point the camera at it, it was gone.

But through the long lens I did see a tiny dot moving across the sky about where the "meteor" had been. It had been a small plane that had perfectly caught the setting sun for a few seconds. It was completely invisible to the naked eye after that.

Sometimes I spot airplanes that I only know are there from their contrails, because of haze obscuring the plane itself. Even looking through binoculars the airplane is sometimes virtually invisible. I've seen them pass overhead in the evenings or mornings when the sun is low and for a short while they'll appear to almost glow as they temporarily catch the sunlight at the right angle, before "disappearing" after a while. Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 4