Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1500 Year Old Bible Claims

the-Unexpected-Soul

A two thousand year old document would be more interesting. Something from the 400-500's is not very indisputable.

• Like 4

Christianity,the biggest lie ever told.If only this was genuine then it would blow the Vatican out of the water.

I don't think that site is very reputable or the link to the original article.

http://sonsonthepyre.com/1500-year-old-bible-confirms-that-jesus-christ-was-not-crucified-vatican-in-awe/

My opinion is it is not real and the story is fake. If you can come up with a better article about it I'll reconsider.

• Like 1

I was excited to read the original article, to glean more information and/or understanding, enlightenment so to speak. Until I researched into this more, (http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/world-news/detail/articolo/bibbia-bible-biblia-13182/), which I would advocate to anyone on this site.

• Like 3

Christianity is getting attacked from all sides and at all levels. I'm not surprised. The whole system is involved in this

Edited by 7thTrumpet

Christianity is getting attacked from all sides and at all levels. I'm not surprised. The whole system is involved in this

Elaborate please....?

• Like 1

Elaborate please....?

I'd love to but It would take some time.. I'll reply instead with Psalm 92:6 (NET Bible): ''The spiritually insensitive do not recognize this; the fool does not understand this.''

Don't take the word ''fool'' personaly :)

Edited by 7thTrumpet

hoax.... :td:

• Like 1

hoax.... :td:

It worked ! You fell into my benevolent trap :) See ? That's my point. People mostly believe only what they want to believe or what they consider ''understandable'' and ''possible'' according to their knowledge and experiences.

Edited by 7thTrumpet
  • Like 1

It worked ! You fell into my benevolent trap :) See ? That's my point. People mostly believe only what they want to believe or what they consider ''understandable'' and ''possible'' according to their knowledge and experiences.

Nope... its really a hoax...

http://www.nationalt...ra-turkey-16624

http://www.aina.org/news/2012022916569.htm

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 3

I'd love to but It would take some time.. I'll reply instead with Psalm 92:6 (NET Bible): ''The spiritually insensitive do not recognize this; the fool does not understand this.''

I love that quote so much, since Matthew 5:22 condemns those who use the word "fool" :lol:

']

But I say to you that anyone who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says 'Fool' will be sent to fiery hell.

I've heard it a million times: doesn't make it true. I say either elaborate or admit you have nothing to say, because "I'd love to, but it would take some time" [sic] is just a cop-out :sm

• Like 1

I love that quote so much, since Matthew 5:22 condemns those who use the word "fool" :lol:

I've heard it a million times: doesn't make it true. I say either elaborate or admit you have nothing to say, because "I'd love to, but it would take some time" [sic] is just a cop-out :sm

I'm not surprised this was found in a country that is the enemy of Christianity. You probably have no clue about the genocides comitted by this country.. And I insist, I don't care what the scientists say or have ''found'' because I've proved to myself, during a paranormal experience and through a Christian prayer, that my religion has power. I've seen, felt and heard spirits, and also recorded intelligent EVP's. I do my own research, you just believe what other people present to you as real. That's how the system works that fools and guides the nations. I used to not believe in God before my paranormal experiences and investigations. I discovered God through the paranormal. I urge you to do your own investigations, with patience, seriousness and insistence. You have nothing to lose, trust me.

Edited by 7thTrumpet
  • Like 2

But don't attack Islam or a suicide bomber will get you. The passive always gets bullied where the aggressor gets respect.

• Like 1

Has any carbon dating been done to this document? There are a lot of 'bibles' out there- unless someone can build a functioning time machine we won't truly know for sure which one(s) are closest to any truth (if any).

But don't attack Islam or a suicide bomber will get you. The passive always gets bullied where the aggressor gets respect.

Very true sir. But keep in mind that whatever is built or being build with lack of respect, love and equalty, is condemned to not last forever. The history repeats itself but people never learn.

Edited by 7thTrumpet
  • Like 1

In the second paragraph it says Christ went to heaven alive like the real bible.

I'm not surprised this was found in a country that is the enemy of Christianity. You probably have no clue about the genocides comitted by this country..

What country exactly? When were we ever talking about a country?

Incidentally, you probably have no clue about the genocides committed by your religion.... :innocent:

And I insist, I don't care what the scientists say or have ''found'' because I've proved to myself, during a paranormal experience and through a Christian prayer, that my religion has power. I've seen, felt and heard spirits, and also recorded intelligent EVP's. I do my own research, you just believe what other people present to you as real. That's how the system works that fools and guides the nations.

Umm.... given I'm actually a biologist, I do my own research too ^_^ No scientifically-literate person just believes the claims of science on blind faith, because science doesn't require faith: anyone can look at the evidence and reach the same conclusions. Even if humanity was destroyed and science along with it, the Earth would not cease to be spheroid: and whatever intelligence is capable of using the scientific method will be capable of discovering that all over again. If Christianity were destroyed, there would be new religions, sure, but that same one would never arise again. :P

And as a biologist, I can tell you that your "experiences" with spirits and such are most likely occurring in the brain: brains malfuction sometimes, as with any biological mechanism. And "EVP" are pseudoscientific nonsense :rolleyes:

And also, would you mind elaborating on how you "do your own research"? There are methods of study that work, and some that don't, so I'm curious.

I used to not believe in God before my paranormal experiences and investigations. I discovered God through the paranormal. I urge you to do your own investigations, with patience, seriousness and insistence. You have nothing to lose, trust me.

Well obviously, nobody is born believing in a god, they have to be either raised that way or somehow coerced into it (which I personally find to be gullibility, but that's just me) :sm

I'm formerly religious myself: I did my own research and found out that Christianity was wrong ^_^ I am interested though in seeing what led you to a belief in a god (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were once an atheist: I've heard that line before though, from people who most certainly were never atheists, who just say it as a sort of "I was once like you, so you should be like me" salesman-type ploy, haha :devil:). I am interested, if you'd elaborate. As a scientist, I'm always interested in new possibilities; we just need to be careful that any new possibilities be very carefully scrutinized, so that nobody gets hoodwinked, haha :lol:

• Like 3

What do you make of Psalm 118:8 ?

I personal make mincemeat of it ;) haha

Seriously though, it's nonsense. It effectively prescribes that we should trust an imagined god construct rather than other people (even if reason is on their side, presumably); and yeah, as a biologist, I'm afraid I see YHWH as a mental construct ^_^ So, basically, Psalm 118:8 can be rephrased as roughly: "trust your own exalted brain over anybody else's" :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's nonsense. It effectively prescribes that we should trust an imagined god construct rather than other people (even if reason is on their side, presumably); and yeah, as a biologist, I'm afraid I see YHWH as a mental construct ^_^ So, basically, Psalm 118:8 can be rephrased as roughly: "trust your own exalted brain over anybody else's" :rolleyes:

Wouldn't a mental construct be more in the expertise of psychologists rather than biologists?

• Like 1

What country exactly? When were we ever talking about a country?

Didn't you read what you have posted ? It says it clearly.

Incidentally, you probably have no clue about the genocides committed by your religion.... :innocent:

..commited by the Crusades ? For every action there is a reaction. I'm against violence but if you live under constand oppresion and fear it is a duty to defend your ground, freedom and rights. Don't blame Jesus, blame the religion that probalby has been distorted over the years in order to benefit some people..

Umm.... given I'm actually a biologist, I do my own research too ^_^ No scientifically-literate person just believes the claims of science on blind faith

What kind of research ? I believe in science and love to learn new things..but after my paranormal experiences and research I assure you that science cannot explain everything.

If Christianity were destroyed, there would be new religions, sure, but that same one would never arise again. :P

That's your opinion as a non-believer :)

I agree

And as a biologist, I can tell you that your "experiences" with spirits and such are most likely occurring in the brain: brains malfuction sometimes, as with any biological mechanism. And "EVP" are pseudoscientific nonsense :rolleyes:

I agree up to a point with you. Me and my whole family (6 members total) hear often people running and dragging heavy objects on the 2nd floor above us. It is a three floor building, not connected with other buildings. It belongs to my grandpa. Both floors above us are empty since many years.. We even called the police once because we thought burglars broke in but police found no signs of breach. And don't tell me it was a rat or pipes.. I lived 16 years in that house and I know every single noise. I've seen a white Orb flying from my parents room to my sisters room. I've captured several EVP's including spirits calling the names of my parents and older sister, and not only once, but several times. And the list goes on, I have many stories to tell.

And also, would you mind elaborating on how you "do your own research"? There are methods of study that work, and some that don't, so I'm curious.

In the paranormal field you can't expect to have direct results or to label an investigation method as ''working & reliable'' or the opposite, because you deal with something you can't see, smell, hear, touch and interact. As I said before, it requires patience, insistence, a lot of time, peaceful mental state and open mind to be able to debunk things. Most of the times I investigate alone using a Voice Recorder (WAV format), night vision camera, trigger objects, asking questions, experiencing with various types of white noise during an EVP session and now I'm looking forward to receive a hackable version of Sangean DT-400W which I will convert into a ''Spirit Box''. I also want a full spectrum camera, thermal camera and an EMF meter for Xmas :D

Well obviously, nobody is born believing in a god, they have to be either raised that way or somehow coerced into it (which I personally find to be gullibility, but that's just me) :sm

I agree

I did my own research and found out that Christianity was wrong ^_^ I am interested though in seeing what led you to a belief in a god

Although I'm a Christian myself, I disagree with some parts of the Bible and I believe in God the way I want, because I know religions have been corrupted over the years in order to benefit some people and guide the masses. I go to Church wherever I want, I eat what I want, I pray the way I want and I constantly try to improve myself as a person. I feel great by helping other people and being able to fully control myself at all levels. I've managed to make my hapiness not depend on money and materialism.

But again, according to my experiences and logic, I have confirmed some of the Bible's sayings, like the existence of Spirits, God, Judgment Day, Hell & Paradise, Demons & Angels and power of praying.

Now lets get to the point

One and a half year ago I was sleeping at my cousins home, in the living room, on the couch. I woke up by myself almost 30min before the alarm rang and checked the clock. I was glad I had a lil bit time left to chill before getting myself ready for work. I think it was 04:50 am. Although it was dark, I was still able to see in the living room because of the street lights.. As I was laying on the couch and thinking I started hearing a creaking noise coming from the furniture around me. The noise was coming closer to me and then I started feeling strong chills all over my body and a cold breeze, at the same time the couch literally bended down because of an.. invisible burden that was moving towards my body. It scared the **** out of me and my heart was beating like crazy! I couldn't see anything paranormal around me but only feel it. The invisible burden sat on my pelvic area and legs. It felt like I snapped in half. I had my eyes open, but still nothing there.. The pressure on my body affected my breath. I tried to keep calm for some seconds and then I said a short Christian prayer in my language. I said it 3 times (like the Holy Trinity), and exactly at the 3rd time when I finished the prayer the burden slowly got off my body and I felt it returning to its primary position along with the couch. I immediately stood up, turned the lights on, got on the couch and pushed with force my body weight (72Kg) against the couch several times but didn't manage to make it creak..

It was not a dream nor sleep paralysis or psychological effect. My body felt electrified and numb several mintues after this incident, just like that feeling after being slapped in the face.

Edited by 7thTrumpet

I think it is a trap. If someone is fanatic and close minded, he will follow word by word the Bible, without taking account the fact that the Bible might have been distorted..

At the other hand, if someone is open minded he will follow his heart and act only with good intentions.

I see it as you can trust some people more then others (given how much trust they've earned) But never 100%.

Even a good friend or family member sometimes breaks trust. I'm sure we all have been through that experience.

Psalm is a book of songs. They may or may not be inspired.