Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

float mocking Obama draws accusations of...

Michelle

Isn't Colin Powell still a Republican?

RINO, barely. If he ever runs it will be as a democrat but he has said he has no desire to run for office.

• Like 1

Well, you have Hillary who has failed at every job she has been given and Elizabeth Warren, that Obama supports because she is the next him (apparently the bubble he lives in doesn't allow in the latest poll news) so Powell would be a great bet for the democrats. I think it will be Warren, who is a really bad candidate given Barry's performance the last 6 years, that folks like Beany will embrace. She has a simple 11 point message that means about as much as Beany's above point message. The progressives will embrace her and hopefully the rest of the country will say "Enough of that trash, time to grow up."

You could be right. It all depends on who the image-makers and power-brokers choose behind closed doors. I have a scary feeling that Perry might be the Republican choice. He's a good speaker....when he's not at a debate. It could backfire on the GOP if he's their new choice. You look at his border stand, and you wonder if he'll be the new and improved Perry for 2016. By the way, he attended a Bilderberg conference. That was before his first run at the gold ring.

RINO, barely. If he ever runs it will be as a democrat but he has said he has no desire to run for office.

He probably won't run. However, more than a few of his views resemble those of Democrats and liberals. He admitted that he went with Obama due to his race. He said that on one of the morning political talk shows. That was strike three from a man that I once held in very high regard. His testimony, before the second Iraq military adventure, was strike one. His agreement with progressive views, and demonization of libertarians and traditionalists, was strike two. His placement of race before country was strike three.

• Like 1

He probably won't run. However, more than a few of his views resemble those of Democrats and liberals. He admitted that he went with Obama due to his race. He said that on one of the morning political talk shows. That was strike three from a man that I once held in very high regard. His testimony, before the second Iraq military adventure, was strike one. His agreement with progressive views, and demonization of libertarians and traditionalists, was strike two. His placement of race before country was strike three.

Well said. The MSM tries to sell him as the moderate wing but he was compromised years before leaving the military. If he dropped the R for the D the left would applaud and then quickly forget him so he maintains the veneer of the maverick republican. Absurd.

• Like 1

Is that a threat? If you take umbrage at people calling you out on your politics in the political forum then perhaps you shouldn't be a mod. Threat taken, however and accepted, I'll refrain from responding to your posts in the future. Deal?

How could that possibly be taken as a threat? In no way did I attack you. And I have done my best to participate civilly, debating politics and not the character of those participating.

Edited by Beany

Well said. The MSM tries to sell him as the moderate wing but he was compromised years before leaving the military. If he dropped the R for the D the left would applaud and then quickly forget him so he maintains the veneer of the maverick republican. Absurd.

They think that he's one of the "good Republicans". They think that people, to his right, are fascists and/or zealots. When they use "maverick", you can bet that they're referring to a moderate, at best. They take the blood out of that word, a word that should be used to describe politicians like Ron Paul, not "Bomb Early And Bomb Often" John McCain.

• Like 1

Is that a threat? If you take umbrage at people calling you out on your politics in the political forum then perhaps you shouldn't be a mod. Threat taken, however and accepted, I'll refrain from responding to your posts in the future. Deal?

Merc, you need to tone it down. You are getting carried away and casually throwing out implied insults at pretty much anyone. There isn't the slightest threat implied or otherwise, in Beany's, post.

Merc, you need to tone it down. You are getting carried away and casually throwing out implied insults at pretty much anyone. There isn't the slightest threat implied or otherwise, in Beany's, post.

I'd like you to point out the implied insults because i don't see them. Seriously, I don't. I assumed her good deed for the day was giving me a pass for crossing swords so maybe we can all find out what the good deed was if not that? I'll apologize and not respond any further to Beany's posts, no worries. I'll unsubscribe as well from this thread.

Edited by Merc14

I'd like you to point out the implied insults because i don't see them. Seriously, I don't.

Sure. I'll warn you right now that if you didn't see them as implied insults before, you won't see them as implied insults now.

Yet there are tons of cheerleaders here applauding every action of this administration.

i.e. Unlike those on my side, who are not cheerleaders, but rather rational, reasoned, gentlepeople.

Well, no one does the background checks of the democrat candidate. The Republican candidate is teh most studied man on earth.

i.e. democrats...feh!

I think it will be Warren, who is a really bad candidate given Barry's performance the last 6 years, that folks like Beany will embrace.

i.e. That Beany! Always with the bad candidates, I'm assuming...

Well, you have Hillary who has failed at every job she has been given and Elizabeth Warren...

She has a simple 11 point message that means about as much as Beany's above point message.

i.e. Beany's position is as much a failure as I find Hillary to be, that is, complete and total.

I assumed her good deed for the day was giving me a pass for crossing swords so maybe we can all find out what the good deed was if not that?

It was that. You decided to refer to it as a threat. Then you stated that if she didn't being called out on her politics (i.e. "if you don't like me saying that you embrace really bad candidates and that your point is a failure, just like Hillary."), then maybe she shouldn't be a mod.

You made it personal, Merc, not political. You accused her of making a threat where no threat exists. You questioned her capability in a field completely unrelated to the discussion.

I'll cease posting on this thread, that is fine.

Just take a break. Let your breath out. Give it a day and cool off a bit. Politics is a heated topic as it is, without making comments about people and not the discussion.

Edited by aquatus1