Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pub Ghost Throws a Beer

Brian Topp

A SPOOKED couple reckon their 17th century pub is haunted after a pint of ale flew off the bar and landed on the floor - without spilling a single drop.

Jenny Heard and Martin McConn laughed off ghost stories after taking over the historic Crow's Nest Inn on Bodmin Moor, in Cornwall.

But within days of their arrival the couple say they witnessed a full pint of Proper Job ale slide off the bar and onto the floor.

Read more at http://www.plymouthh...tail/story.html

I found no footage of this, which makes this story more legit.

• Like 7

I have had things flung at me before. Out of nowhere. If you have had this happen, it is not as scary as you would think it. I think part of the brain goes in shock.

• Like 1

I suppose it might help them sell a few extra pints every week.

• Like 1

I think this could have happened,thanks for posting

I think this could have happened,thanks for posting

Which, that a ghost threw a beer or that pub owners made up a ghost story to stimulate business?

• Like 1

Beer guzzling ghost didn't want to waste the beer.

• Like 2

I would be very upset if Beer was flung at me!

I hate beer! :blush:

• Like 1

It's always a pub isn't it?

The newspapers in the UK should start charging advertising rates for these kinds of stories.

• Like 4

Which, that a ghost threw a beer or that pub owners made up a ghost story to stimulate business?

Yes...

• Like 5

I was just happy when the article said

"and landed on the floor-without spilling a single drop"

I always hate to hear stories about alcohol abuse ;)

• Like 8

i've been to the Crow's Nest, and to say the locals are a little odd is an understatement.

they make the people in the Slaughtered Lamb (american werewolf...) look like a Nobel commitee outing!!

• Like 3

It's always a pub isn't it?

The newspapers in the UK should start charging advertising rates for these kinds of stories.

Pubs are shutting at an alarming rate in England I think they would do anything to drum up trade

• Like 5

Pubs are shutting at an alarming rate in England I think they would do anything to drum up trade

and who said the smoking ban wouldn't affect businesses...?

oh.. right... it was a politician....

• Like 4

Nice story but I doubt that it is true, if they need stories like that to drum up business than go for it and keep pouring !!!

• Like 1

and who said the smoking ban wouldn't affect businesses...?

oh.. right... it was a politician....

Yeah the whole smoking ban in bars hasn't worked out so well here in the states either,several bars i know of have shut down.

I'm not much of a smoker myself but seriously who the hell goes to a bar worrying about their health....

• Like 7

They are just trying to attract attention to their pub. Anyone that has ever dropped a full beer from any height can tell you that it doesn't make a difference how it lands, it will get on the floor... along with 1000 pieces of glass

• Like 2

They are just trying to attract attention to their pub. Anyone that has ever dropped a full beer from any height can tell you that it doesn't make a difference how it lands, it will get on the floor... along with 1000 pieces of glass

welcome to UM Uyb!

• Like 1

who the hell goes to a bar worrying about their health....

the pubs in my town are rougher than a bear's a*se CK, they can be VERY hazardous to your health, unfortunately....

• Like 2

welcome to UM Uyb!

Thank you man, I've been keeping up with this site for a while now so I thought it was time that I just started participating.

• Like 1

It would be hell to have the same addictions and desires in death, knowing you cant drink or eat or ........... Pure Hell!

• Like 2

snip

Edited by OverSword

Oh. Wow.

A drunk specter blamed for moving a pint.

If I was a drunk ghost, I'd want a drink, too, and nothing would stop me from having a few sips of a person's drink.