Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I believe God will punish America

ambelamba

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americas-richest-families-185-clans-080000370.html

Greed and gluttony are mortal sins according to many world religions, and our country is built on such evil.

I have friends and relatives with economy degrees, and speaking with them made me believe that you cannot be a multi-millionaire with honest work alone, let alone becoming a billionaire. Massive amount of luck is one factor, but exploitation of others and deception are major factor behind accumulating enormous wealth. And we Americans have been brainwashed to accept it as a virtue without question.

God forgive America, and I hope he doesn't send retribution on this land.

Wealth is like blood. It must circulate around the society. Without such circulation, money will turn into rotting pus. And now in America, money became a huge chunk of pus, not going anywhere and bunched up smelling like rotting corpse.

So, now I ask you folks. What's so Christian about this wanton untamed greed and gluttony? What's so Scriptural about this madness?

• Like 1

I take it you're a renter....

so you don't believe in God but you believe that God is going to punish America. Kinda hypocritical don't you think, apparently you don't.

Edited by 029b10

http://finance.yahoo...-080000370.html

Greed and gluttony are mortal sins according to many world religions, and our country is built on such evil.

I have friends and relatives with economy degrees, and speaking with them made me believe that you cannot be a multi-millionaire with honest work alone, let alone becoming a billionaire. Massive amount of luck is one factor, but exploitation of others and deception are major factor behind accumulating enormous wealth. And we Americans have been brainwashed to accept it as a virtue without question.

Wealth is like blood. It must circulate around the society. Without such circulation, money will turn into rotting pus. And now in America, money became a huge chunk of pus, not going anywhere and bunched up smelling like rotting corpse.

So, now I ask you folks. What's so Christian about this wanton untamed greed and gluttony? What's so Scriptural about this madness?

Hadn't you heard? America has officially shown God the door. The sins of this nation are so numerous and heinous that it'd be difficult to prioritize them but greed is probably relatively low on the list. PRIDE is #1 and yes we will be judged - HARSHLY
  • Like 1

Hadn't you heard? America has officially shown God the door. The sins of this nation are so numerous and heinous that it'd be difficult to prioritize them but greed is probably relatively low on the list. PRIDE is #1 and yes we will be judged - HARSHLY

From my observation pride and greed are naughty bedfellows.

I take it you're a renter....

so you don't believe in God but you believe that God is going to punish America. Kinda hypocritical don't you think, apparently you don't.

No, I am not an atheist. I am pantheistic, though.

• Like 1

Why just America? There are many greedy people scattered around the globe, we can start with Africa and the war lords.

• Like 6

To 029b10, wealthy corporations do have their think tanks (research foundations) to research on how to brainwash people to accept the status quo without question.

So the Universe is God?

In a way, yes. I contemplate and meditate on Cosmos.

• Like 1

Ambelamba,

You've a stubborn proclivity for biased over generalization.

If you're talking about corporatism, then you're talking about multi-nationals.

None of their however brainwashed subjects is more inherently evil than the rest.

And no people/country has a monopoly on the deadly seven.

Edited by aka CAT

It's amazing to see that American Christians have a strong common ground with...Laveyan Satanist: Selfishness.

• Like 1

I have friends and relatives with economy degrees, and speaking with them made me believe that you cannot be a multi-millionaire with honest work alone, let alone becoming a billionaire.

You haven't been speaking with the right people.

86% of millionaires are self-made

To 029b10, wealthy corporations do have their think tanks (research foundations) to research on how to brainwash people to accept the status quo without question.

Well, we call it "Marketing".

And HA! I wish you could brainwash people to accept the status quo without question. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier. But no, I have to go and learn all the skills, techniques, and practices that make what I do a career and all.

• Like 2

money is an idea, but a very potent one...

Has the cosmos told you any good jokes lately?

Taught me how to make a pie. lol

if-you-wish-to-make-Carl-Sagan.gif

Why is it always America that has to have the God beat down? There are worse places in the world more corrupt that us. Why not spread the suffering?

• Like 1

Taught me how to make a pie. lol

if-you-wish-to-make-Carl-Sagan.gif

Why is it always America that has to have the God beat down? There are worse places in the world more corrupt that us. Why not spread the suffering?

Because we act like the Chosen Ones? :)

It's history, man. We all know Jesus invented America when he vomited the already written constitution from his mouth while carrying an automatic rifle and driving a hummer with St. Regan riding shotgun.

• Like 3

It's history, man. We all know Jesus invented America when he vomited the already written constitution from his mouth while carrying an automatic rifle and driving a hummer with St. Regan riding shotgun.

Jesus was also the first republican on earth he told mary to get off food stamps,wic and find a real job.

• Like 1

By god I think you're a false prophet from Democrat Satan! Get the hence, Democrat Satan! I rebuke THEE!

...and Republican Jesus said greed is good - or was that Gorden Gekko? Hell I forget...anyway, so there!

Murica!!!

• Like 2

I am so glad I don't live in the US, but I don't suppose that country is worse than many others in this world. The Biblical deity has no business to punish any country or anyone as it can't be matched where wickedness is concerned! :devil:

• Like 1

I rather like the United States, in spite of the guns and all the lawyers. It has about the best work ethic in the world, except for maybe S. Korea, and it is absent the class mentality of so many countries (mainly from the working class). It could use a good dose of Confucianism though so politicians and bureaucrats would have a better idea how to behave and it needs to get over its stupid religiously inspired anti-intellectualism.

• Like 3

You do know there are more drunk people in Africa than ANY other country in the world.

Also France has us beat for younger drunks and more young people dying from drinking..

so yeah the whole punish USA thing doesn't make sense.

What about other countries where the age of consent is 16?

shall they also be punished by God's wrath ?

You do know there are more drunk people in Africa than ANY other country in the world.

Also France has us beat for younger drunks and more young people dying from drinking..

so yeah the whole punish USA thing doesn't make sense.

What about other countries where the age of consent is 16?

shall they also be punished by God's wrath ?

Greed, avarice, drunkeness, laziness, corruption can be found everywhere. If God's going to punish America then he needs to punish a multitude of others as well.

• Like 2

I don't think a god is really going to waste it's time punishing humans, we are too good at doing to ourselves.

• Like 2