Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I believe God will punish America

ambelamba

money isn't the root of all evil.

the love of it is....

This is by far the most misquoted verse in the Bible.

1 Timothy 6:8 says that we should be content with only food and clothing and nothing more. (Read it if you don't believe me.)

1 Timothy 6:9 then declares that anyone who desires wealth is headed for "ruin and destruction".

1 Timothy 6:10 explains why: wealthy people love money and loving money leads to evil. That's why it says "For the love of money is the root of all evil."

So it says that anyone who has anything more than food or clothing must love wealth and is headed for evil. Have you ever taken a job that offered more money? Evil. Have you ever sold something for more than you paid for it? Evil. Do you have money in a savings account making 0.05% interest like I do? Then you're evil like me.

Think about that, Republicans.

In a religious country fear of going to hell makes 99.9% of people behave correctly.

Then why do theocracies like Saudi Arabia have draconian punishments for trivial crimes? The Saudi Arabians I've met were so terrified of going to one of their horrific jail for years that they wouldn't even break the speed limit. The country has the resources to put anyone away for the rest of their lives if it wants.

Also not all "religious" countries have religions that believe in hell.

• Like 2

Then why do theocracies like Saudi Arabia have draconian punishments for trivial crimes? The Saudi Arabians I've met were so terrified of going to one of their horrific jail for years that they wouldn't even break the speed limit.

The answer is in your question lol

Paul Harvey was an ABC radio commentator. He had this to say about the USA in 1965.

Does what he say sound familiar today? More on the link below.

http://710keel.com/i...ul-harvey-1965/

Well, there are OTHER religions that are NOT Christianity, and they have very different opinions on how things work.

• Like 1

First, we are Beijing punished the resition. Second if we don't listen it will keep getting worse. Unemployment is dropping because people are dropping out of the work force. We got the president that we deserved and may get her in two years.

Well, there are OTHER religions that are NOT Christianity, and they have very different opinions on how things work.

Again, Paul Harvey was an ABC Radio News Commentator. He WAS NOT an Evangelist.

This thread appears to rest on a fundamental misunderstanding of God.

This thread appears to rest on a fundamental misunderstanding of God.

How can one come to any understanding of a deity who more than likely doesn't exist?

• Like 1

Well...

Maybe deists are right. And in fact I am more of a pantheist. I don't have to believe that God actually intervenes with human affairs with anthropomorphic ways.

• Like 1