Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does God look like?

NuttyKaks

do all hippies look like palestinian jews?

nah man. my Dad, a Yorkshire hippie, and my mam, an Irish hippy, looked nothing like Middle-easterners.

my dad looked like Lemmy+Alan Moore's ba$**** love-child, and my mam is 4'10".

and Irish.

and nobody crosses her.

Every one dies, wether you believe in a god or not, it doesnt make a difference.

+1 on that.

the only thing we REALLY know is that we're all alive right now. and aware.

and if there isn't an afterlife- if this is all that there is, then why make it difficult. why complicate your, and others' lives with stress?

it's too short. for everything i have in mind anyway....

(gotta go- Sharknado's on.)

• Like 1

I felt compelled to 'like' your reply shrooma, but immediatley changed my mind once you mentioned sharknado.

• Like 1

if jesus was anything to go by, then bizarrely, for someone from the middle east, he looked like a blonde haired, blue eyed hippie....

(think robert powell, a la jesus christ superstar...)

Directed by Norman Jewison, how uncanny is that!

• Like 1

Christian god?

When speaking to Christian (general) I picture this guy -

God-as-Painted-in-the-Sistine-Chapel.jpg

When reading the Bible -

300-rise-of-an-empire-3-more-character-posters-preview.jpg?format=1000w

Nibs

• Like 7

He looks (and sounds) like BRIAN BLESSED obviously.

'DIVE MY HAWKMEN ANGELS DIVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA"

yes i know I'm going to hell for making that joke.

• Like 5

He looks (and sounds) like BRIAN BLESSED obviously.

'DIVE MY HAWKMEN ANGELS DIVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA"

yes i know I'm going to hell for making that joke.

Flash a-ah

King of the impossible.

• Like 1

300-rise-of-an-empire-3-more-character-posters-preview.jpg?format=1000w

That might be how Ezekiel would have seen Him.

That guy was really descriptive.

God has no physical or material body, thus he would have no image or shape at all, I think of God more on par with the concept of a transcendent personality that has consciousness rather than being incorporated into a particular body of some kind.

Another aspect of God that would be important is where he lives. God is not a part of the material universe, so there are no atoms that would be part of his body.

God communicates with the material world through his self aware avatar, whom we call Jesus Christ, which does have a physical body, which is human. Although he would not look like this:

jesus_pictures_wallpapers_christ_christian_chrstmas_xamas_06.jpg

He would lool more like this...

historicaljesus_302.jpg

• Like 1

God has no physical or material body, thus he would have no image or shape at all, I think of God more on par with the concept of a transcendent personality that has consciousness rather than being incorporated into a particular body of some kind.

Another aspect of God that would be important is where he lives. God is not a part of the material universe, so there are no atoms that would be part of his body.

God communicates with the material world through his self aware avatar, whom we call Jesus Christ, which does have a physical body, which is human. Although he would not look like this:

jesus_pictures_wallpapers_christ_christian_chrstmas_xamas_06.jpg

He would lool more like this...

historicaljesus_302.jpg

Of course he would!

• Like 1

"god" is a manifestation of Man's ego. The worship of "god" is the worship of Man's ego.

You get a likey from me cos I am a woman lady, and us ladies are entitled to mention mens ego`s.

Jeeeze, this feels good, wheres that feminist thread? :w00t:

• Like 1

What does God look like? I've always wondered this question. Anyone have any good theories? :unsure2:

(Atheists, I already know what you'll say... I've already heard it billions of times that God doesn't exist. Just don't post it please. Thanks...)

Good question.

He/she/it is supposed to be the only perfect... being(?)

Looking perfect however would be like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

So, to sum it up. i dunno!

Just have to wait n' see, if you believe in that sorta thing...

• Like 1

He looks like the invisible pink unicorn, except for the pink unicorn part.

• Like 1

If we were made in God's image, shouldn't He (or She) look like us?

• Like 2

I wish I knew what he looks like, but I guess we always can't get what we want.

• Like 1

If we were made in God's image, shouldn't He (or She) look like us?

I already said this: "god" is nothing but the manifestation of Man's ego. The worship of "god" is the worship of Man's ego, which is why all the "god"s of the organized religion resemble humans (and specifically men).

• Like 2

I already said this: "god" is nothing but the manifestation of Man's ego. The worship of "god" is the worship of Man's ego, which is why all the "god"s of the organized religion resemble humans (and specifically men).

What about the Hindus?
  • Like 2

I can remove my AV... I'm guessing you mean my signature right?

Morgan Freeman is awesome. George Burns played a pretty good God too.

No you didn't break a rule it's just I didn't want to hear "God" doesn't exist because I've heard it a bazillion times.

God could be an alien! :lol:

Sorry :) the sudden, rapid motions of it were causing me the jitters ;) Welcome to UM!
  • Like 1

I wasn't assuming God had a physical appearance. I was asking what others thought he looked like... which could be just about anything. I was just curious about what others thought.

How would you know God cannot be seen? No one has proved that yet as far as I know.

That was kind of my point. Everyone´s perception would be different. If God truly does exist objectively, our experience of him would be subjective and therefore any "visual representation" would be subject to our own conscious and unconsciouss beliefs.

• Like 1

The simple answer to the opening question is "Whatever you imagine he looks like"

Br Cornelius

Just as its personality is whatever you want it to be, as I am pretty sure ALL deities are human creations.

• Like 1

zzzzlord.jpg

My "Lord" closely resembles this picture, including the golden radiance but minus the scarf. He has the power to take me away from the Void and resurrect my body. Is my "Lord" Jesus Christ? Many, not all, accounts in the Bible ring true. Christian Gnosticism has many excellent points, as well. I certainly don't agree that Gnostics are not true Christian, especially since they believe in the Holy Spirit, Christ, Jesus...and Supreme God. Just sharing.

• Like 1

My "Lord" closely resembles this picture, including the golden radiance but minus the scarf. He has the power to take me away from the Void and resurrect my body. Is my "Lord" Jesus Christ? Many, not all, accounts in the Bible ring true. Christian Gnosticism has many excellent points, as well. I certainly don't agree that Gnostics are not true Christian, especially since they believe in the Holy Spirit, Christ, Jesus...and Supreme God. Just sharing.

The problem with Gnosticism regarding Christianity is that most do not believe in the Divinity or the miracles of Jesus, and that the Bible is allagorical and the real knowledge of the Bible is encoded into the various scriptures. So that the Bible and Christianity is not about a relationship with Jesus, it is about the discovery of knowledge hidden and secret, which provides power/authority over others.

The one is not compatible with the other. It is like claiming Astrology and Alchemy are equal with modern science.

• Like 1

Sorry :) the sudden, rapid motions of it were causing me the jitters ;) Welcome to UM!

Thanks! I took it down so it wouldn't bother anyone else. :)

That was kind of my point. Everyone´s perception would be different. If God truly does exist objectively, our experience of him would be subjective and therefore any "visual representation" would be subject to our own conscious and unconsciouss beliefs.

The simple answer to the opening question is "Whatever you imagine he looks like"

Br Cornelius

Yeah, I should of rephrased my question. Sorry about that... :mellow::hmm:

Edited by NuttyKaks