Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does God look like?

NuttyKaks

I think god is just a powerfull light or something like it, god reminds me of the futureramma episode where they spof the star terk episode about Trelane but in the cartoon trelane is a ball of engery that's what god is.

• Like 1

If you read what I said you would know that I used to be one! I'm not anymore. O_o

Why is that? ^_^

What does God look like? Well, Ive got half a description for you, sort of: -

quote:

9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

Here we see that Moses and others saw God with their own eyes.

But later, Moses was not allowed to see God's face.

Exodus 33:18-23

18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”

19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

and Jesus said

"No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known. (English Standard Version)

Why is that? ^_^

I suppose it might be because of my brother who passed away. Some weird things happened that even to this day I have been trying to explain logically.

I suppose it might be because of my brother who passed away. Some weird things happened that even to this day I have been trying to explain logically.

Like what? ^_^

Like what? ^_^

:mellow: Um this thread is about What Does God Look Like? Not about me, and the strange events I had.

All I can tell you is right after he died when I was in his room, there were sounds of what sounded like someone walking into his room... Then my bird got spooked, my bird flew across to the other side of the cage, and kept screeching while looking up at the ceiling as if he were staring at something. My bird has never done that before, nor have I ever heard the sounds of people walking into room in my house when no one else was around... I also had one other strange event happen too, but I'd rather not talk about it anymore. :(

:mellow: Um this thread is about What Does God Look Like? Not about me, and the strange events I had.

All I can tell you is right after he died when I was in his room, there were sounds of what sounded like someone walking into his room... Then my bird got spooked, my bird flew across to the other side of the cage, and kept screeching while looking up at the ceiling as if he were staring at something. My bird has never done that before, nor have I ever heard the sounds of people walking into room in my house when no one else was around... I also had one other strange event happen too, but I'd rather not talk about it anymore. :(

Fair enough. Whatever you experienced though, that hardly sounds like reason to believe in a god. But that's just me :innocent:

Fair enough. Whatever you experienced though, that hardly sounds like reason to believe in a god. But that's just me :innocent:

That was one of the many reasons I believe in god... I have several other reasons, but again this thread is not about that. There will always be disagreements about if God exists, or not. Just because you may think God doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true...

Really no one knows until we all meet our maker, it's not like we'll go to hell if we don't believe... I read God apparently forgives people if they were wrong, as long as you ask for forgiveness, you're fine, so believing, or not believing will not matter in the end.

I suggest reading about God in math... It certainly helped change my views when I was an atheist. http://bigthink.com/...the-mind-of-god

Edited by NuttyKaks
  • Like 1

That was one of the many reasons I believe in god... I have several other reasons, but again this thread is not about that. There will always be disagreements about if God exists, or not. Just because you may think God doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true...

I disbelieve the claims of god because science/reason/evidence gives me literally zero reason to believe such claims. But that's just me ^_^

Really no one knows until we all meet our maker, it's not like we'll go to hell if we don't believe... I read God apparently forgives people if they were wrong, as long as you ask for forgiveness, you're fine, so believing, or not believing will not matter in the end.

Or not... Again, I don't believe we have a "maker", so...... :lol: hahaha

And there are millions who believe that those who don't believe will go to hell. Their reasons are just as valid/invalid as those who say that God forgives everyone. I have no reason to believe either idea, haha

I suggest reading about God in math... It certainly helped change my views when I was an atheist. http://bigthink.com/...the-mind-of-god

I hope you realize that Mr. Kaku didn't literally mean "God"... Physicists such as Michio Kaku or Einstein often use terms like "mind of God" as very poetic phrases: while in fact both Einstein and Mr. Kaku were/are agnostic atheists. All that Michio was describing in that BigThink article was dealing with mathematics and physics, neither of which relate to the supernatural in the slightest.

I watched a youtube video of a person who had a profound near death experience and he said God was blazing light in appearance and reminded him of the largest atomic bomb ever dropped namely the 50 mega-tonne fusion bomb, which is the most powerful nuclear device ever used in human history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr7Rr33BphU

• Like 1

I disbelieve the claims of god because science/reason/evidence gives me literally zero reason to believe such claims. But that's just me ^_^

What if you did, in person, see/witness an honest to goodness, mystical, unexplainable miracle? Would that bend your disbelief, or would you just assume that there is non-God related magic?

And there are millions who believe that those who don't believe will go to hell. Their reasons are just as valid/invalid as those who say that God forgives everyone. I have no reason to believe either idea, haha

So, if you died a non-believer, and woke up and you were on a vast, flat, white plain, and Jesus was sitting there and reading what you had done in your life.... Would you still refuse to believe and would rather go to eternal torment?

There are those who say non-believers automatically go to Hell, but these same people think that other Christian denominations are going to go to Hell (What?!!! You allow divorced people into your church??!!!), as well as all Jews, anyone who ever got a divorce, and anyone who ever experimented with sex or drugs.

Edited by DieChecker

What if you did, in person, see/witness an honest to goodness, mystical, unexplainable miracle? Would that bend your disbelief, or would you just assume that there is non-God related magic?

If I saw something that I couldn't explain, I would try to explain it, and if I failed to explain it, I would admit that I don't know the answer. I wouldn't leap to magic as an explanation: magic is just a way of trying to say "I know the answer" when no actual answer can be found. That's ludicrous. And such a specific type of magic as a god is no more plausible an answer than pixies or wizards :P

So, if you died a non-believer, and woke up and you were on a vast, flat, white plain, and Jesus was sitting there and reading what you had done in your life.... Would you still refuse to believe and would rather go to eternal torment?

Firstly, assuming that I experienced such a thing, I would presumably have to go along with it. If my mind was working properly, I would probably realize that the experience might well be hallucinatory, but as I would presumably have no way of proving that, I'd probably be forced to go along with whatever was happening, given lack of other options. If Jesus sat there and asked me to repent, I'd probably do it: although given Jesus and I would likely disagree on many ethical points, I would probably talk his ear off and we'd debate which things counted as "sins" :lol: haha

In any case though, sure, I'd rather go to eternal torment, if it means retaining my dignity. If the penalty for disbelief is eternal torment, then sure I'd be tormented: but at least I'd go willingly and with dignity, knowing that my disbelief was entirely justified.

There are those who say non-believers automatically go to Hell, but these same people think that other Christian denominations are going to go to Hell (What?!!! You allow divorced people into your church??!!!), as well as all Jews, anyone who ever got a divorce, and anyone who ever experimented with sex or drugs.

You make it sound like believing that non-believers go to hell is an uncommon belief in Christianity :rolleyes: It's very common, in fact. I've met very few Christians in my life who didn't, in one form or another, hold atheists and members of other religions to be destined for hell. It's only very liberal Christians who make room for non-Christians, and say that perhaps there isn't a hell, or only bad people go there. The majority view in Christianity is definitely damnation for those who are "unsaved".

• Like 1

I hope you realize that Mr. Kaku didn't literally mean "God"... Physicists such as Michio Kaku or Einstein often use terms like "mind of God" as very poetic phrases: while in fact both Einstein and Mr. Kaku were/are agnostic atheists. All that Michio was describing in that BigThink article was dealing with mathematics and physics, neither of which relate to the supernatural in the slightest.

:rolleyes: Riiight, that's why when people asking Kaku if he believes in God he says yes. Anyways, again for the billionth time in a row... This thread is not about this stupid argument about if God exists, or not, if you want to shout to the world that everyone is wrong, and you're right, go make up your own thread. Really, you are arguing over something stupid that won't matter in the end after we die. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wasn't a passage "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image"". Only reason I know that is because I like to question the "our" part. BTW I'm atheist, so did I break some sort of rule by posting here?

Either way I would say according to that, it looks like us. Maybe half man half woman perhaps.

He was speaking to his brother and sisters that had become angels with bodies and us the angels with out bodies.

T answer the op we look like him. Although he shines brighter than the noon sun.

You make it sound like believing that non-believers go to hell is an uncommon belief in Christianity :rolleyes: It's very common, in fact. I've met very few Christians in my life who didn't, in one form or another, hold atheists and members of other religions to be destined for hell. It's only very liberal Christians who make room for non-Christians, and say that perhaps there isn't a hell, or only bad people go there. The majority view in Christianity is definitely damnation for those who are "unsaved".

It is usually all based around the notion that, "No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6). Which I have heard many say means only Christians go to Heaven, but it does not really say that now, does it? It says "comes to the Father". This can mean no one has Relationship with God, except through relationship with Jesus. And relationship is not salvation. Accepting Jesus as Savior is salvation. And that could be done at any time, even standing at the Pearly Gates, or at the Final Judgement.... IMHO.

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’

Mathew 25:40

So remember... Help out a Christian at least once in your life, so you have that on your side. Helping a Christian... according to this scripture... is the same as worshipping God, and thus (perhaps) gets you a reprieve from the Fire. Or, perhaps at least gets you a trial/hearing. :innocent:

What does God look like? I've always wondered this question. Anyone have any good theories? :unsure2:

(Atheists, I already know what you'll say... I've already heard it billions of times that God doesn't exist. Just don't post it please. Thanks...)

Which God are you talking about?

• Like 1

:rolleyes: Riiight, that's why when people asking Kaku if he believes in God he says yes. Anyways, again for the billionth time in a row... This thread is not about this stupid argument about if God exists, or not, if you want to shout to the world that everyone is wrong, and you're right, go make up your own thread. Really, you are arguing over something stupid that won't matter in the end after we die. :rolleyes:

He uses the word "God" and says be believes in God, yes, but he has also described that the "God" he believes in is unlike the god of religion, and more akin to Einstein's god: ergo, not a "god" in any real sense, but a poetic term referring to the wonder of the universe. Not a literal god by any means.

And anyway, the thread is about "what God looks like": shouldn't the existence or nonexistence of a thing be established before one goes about claiming what its properties are? I mean, I could say that God looks like a purple dragon with golden wings, and I'm fairly sure that that claim is equally valid to anyone else's claim about what God looks like :P

• Like 1

Which God are you talking about?

There is only one God to have two Almighty would lead to huge and impossible conundrums, like absolutely infinitely huge fixed immovable rock been moved by an infinite power source, namely an impossibility.

The other gods you are wanting us to list are nonexistent and figments of human imagination.

Almighty God does not need humans to imagine him , he is self existent, eternal, infinite, all powerful of infinite knowledge and intelligence. It is simply impossible to have two Almighties!

There is only one God to have two Almighty would lead to huge and impossible conundrums, like absolutely infinitely huge fixed immovable rock been moved by an infinite power source, namely an impossibility.

The other gods you are wanting us to list are nonexistent and figments of human imagination.

Almighty God does not need humans to imagine him , he is self existent, eternal, infinite, all powerful of infinite knowledge and intelligence. It is simply impossible to have two Almighties!

Wait, but if almighty beings are incomprehensible to humans, then how do you know there cannot be two? :P What if there are millions of gods? If the almighty you speak of is truly beyond human reckoning, then surely your human logic would not be sufficient to demonstrate that there must only be one ;) Your claims are mere assertions, without evidence.

• Like 1

Wait, but if almighty beings are incomprehensible to humans, then how do you know there cannot be two? :P What if there are millions of gods? If the almighty you speak of is truly beyond human reckoning, then surely your human logic would not be sufficient to demonstrate that there must only be one ;) Your claims are mere assertions, without evidence.

Yes, and there are millions of Muslims and other people who may dispute the fact that there is onlyu one God.

• Like 1

He uses the word "God" and says be believes in God, yes, but he has also described that the "God" he believes in is unlike the god of religion, and more akin to Einstein's god: ergo, not a "god" in any real sense, but a poetic term referring to the wonder of the universe. Not a literal god by any means.

And anyway, the thread is about "what God looks like": shouldn't the existence or nonexistence of a thing be established before one goes about claiming what its properties are? I mean, I could say that God looks like a purple dragon with golden wings, and I'm fairly sure that that claim is equally valid to anyone else's claim about what God looks like :P

:rolleyes: I seriously don't care what you tell me. The thread is about "What God Looks Like". I have already established what this topic is about. I didn't want people going off topic about other things. Go make a thread about if "he exists, or not" somewhere else. Thanks...

Obviously you don't read much about Kaku. :rolleyes:

Edited by NuttyKaks

God is light and in him is no darkness whatsoever!

Look at the sun and you will observe a likeness of God, God is pure energy.

The sun is not god, but a dim vague likeness of his infinite glory.

sun.jpg

Edited by Alan McDougall
  • Like 1

According to indian religion God don't have any form... It is some sort of energy which don't have any form, no one can see it...

• Like 1

According to indian religion God don't have any form... It is some sort of energy which don't have any form, no one can see it...

That is the first time I've heard that. I thought they were like all gods and demons, they can assume a physical form, but are primarily spirit in nature. And spirit does not equal energy. Energy can be measured and collected, while spirit cannot.

Yes, and there are millions of Muslims and other people who may dispute the fact that there is onlyu one God.

I thought the Muslims think that Allah is the same God as the Christians and Jews follow. It is just that they (The Christians and Jews) are following the wrong (Old) rules.

And the Muslims STRONGLY believe there is only one God.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1