Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does God look like?

NuttyKaks

There is only one God to have two Almighty would lead to huge and impossible conundrums, like absolutely infinitely huge fixed immovable rock been moved by an infinite power source, namely an impossibility.

The other gods you are wanting us to list are nonexistent and figments of human imagination.

Almighty God does not need humans to imagine him , he is self existent, eternal, infinite, all powerful of infinite knowledge and intelligence. It is simply impossible to have two Almighties!

The Bible acknowledges that their was belief in Many other gods back in early Israelite days. Gods in Egypt, Gods all over the Middle East.... It is just that the Hebrews believed that their God was the strongest, and could perform the strongest miracles, and helped them win many more battles. The early Israelites very commonly turned to other gods in the OT.

Many believe that these other "gods" were in fact minions of Satan leading mankind toward ruination. This would make sense if you come from the assumption that what is written in the Bible (OT) is true. Because you have the various Prophets of God... Yahweh... defeating the believers of these other gods time after time. And it is only when God seeks to punish (many and various reasons) the people of Israel that they loose and are defeated. Obviously if these other gods are demons, then God could easily defeat them, as they are on Earth because God defeated them previously and threw them out of Heaven.

• Like 1

That is the first time I've heard that. I thought they were like all gods and demons, they can assume a physical form, but are primarily spirit in nature. And spirit does not equal energy. Energy can be measured and collected, while spirit cannot.

Demons and gods are misconception... Today everyone think it was demons and magics of gods but it was technology... Ancient Indian possesed technology that we still don't have in modern time. Ancient indian text describe flying machine, and nuclear war... There was nuclear war in India which destroyed everything. (some parts of India still have very high radiation level). After nuclear war when they lost the technology, maybe they thout it was magic of gods. We started understanding Ancient Indian text first time when america drop nuclear bomb in Japan, because similar effect were desribed in Mahabharata

According to me :

Demons were robot similar to AMP suite as shown in Avatar Movie

Flying chariots were Aeroplan

The Bible acknowledges that their was belief in Many other gods back in early Israelite days. Gods in Egypt, Gods all over the Middle East.... It is just that the Hebrews believed that their God was the strongest, and could perform the strongest miracles, and helped them win many more battles. The early Israelites very commonly turned to other gods in the OT.

Many believe that these other "gods" were in fact minions of Satan leading mankind toward ruination. This would make sense if you come from the assumption that what is written in the Bible (OT) is true. Because you have the various Prophets of God... Yahweh... defeating the believers of these other gods time after time. And it is only when God seeks to punish (many and various reasons) the people of Israel that they loose and are defeated. Obviously if these other gods are demons, then God could easily defeat them, as they are on Earth because God defeated them previously and threw them out of Heaven.

It does not mean that if you believe in these demigods of human imagination, they exist, which they dont!

It does not mean that if you believe in these demigods of human imagination, they exist, which they dont!

Well, I did put in a disclaimer... "This would make sense if you come from the assumption that what is written in the Bible (OT) is true"

How do you know?

That was one of the many reasons I believe in god... I have several other reasons, but again this thread is not about that. There will always be disagreements about if God exists, or not. Just because you may think God doesn't exist doesn't mean it's true...

Really no one knows until we all meet our maker, it's not like we'll go to hell if we don't believe... I read God apparently forgives people if they were wrong, as long as you ask for forgiveness, you're fine, so believing, or not believing will not matter in the end.

I read that God had a man killed because he collected sticks on the wrong day.
I suggest reading about God in math... It certainly helped change my views when I was an atheist. http://bigthink.com/...the-mind-of-god

So nature = god?
  • Like 1

I read that God had a man killed because he collected sticks on the wrong day.

That doesn't mean it's true... I don't believe everything I read about God... that includes the Bible.

So nature = god?

Yes, it's really hard to believe that we were formed out of nothing. Go look at all the patterns in life, and you tell me if you think that nothing created us. Go look-up the documentary called "God is a number" it might change your mind.

Everything that was ever created in the universe is to damn precise to be just made for no reason at all. I believe God is a real, but might not be the God we all know, and have read about in the Bible, or any other religious books.

I don't think of God like the one they tell in the bible, or other religious books. Hell, I could be wrong about him forgiving you, and all that crap for not believing in him. I guess it wont matter anyways, because just like every other human, we eventually die, and since I'll be dead I wont care. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this is off topic, so can we please just let others write what the believe God may look like... If it's this important to you to discuss this, please discuss it by making a thread!

Edited by NuttyKaks

Yes, it's really hard to believe that we were formed out of nothing.

"Nothing" being the lowest energy state.
Go look at all the patterns in life, and you tell me if you think that nothing created us. Go look-up the documentary called "God is a number" it might change your mind.

Everything that was ever created in the universe is to damn precise to be just made for no reason at all. I believe God is a real, but might not be the God we all know, and have read about in the Bible, or any other religious books.

I don't know what you consider precision but life is far from it. Many failures have occurred to give rise to the successful.
  • Like 1

Yes, it's really hard to believe that we were formed out of nothing. Go look at all the patterns in life, and you tell me if you think that nothing created us.

Everything that was ever created in the universe is to damn precise to be just made for no reason at all.

At what point is something "too precise" to have been formed by natural processes?

That doesn't mean it's true... I don't believe everything I read about God... that includes the Bible.

Yes, it's really hard to believe that we were formed out of nothing. Go look at all the patterns in life, and you tell me if you think that nothing created us. Go look-up the documentary called "God is a number" it might change your mind.

I don't think of God like the one they tell in the bible, or other religious books. Hell, I could be wrong about him forgiving you, and all that crap for not believing in him. I guess it wont matter anyways, because just like every other human, we eventually die, and since I'll be dead I wont care. :rolleyes:

Anyways, this is off topic, so can we please just let others write what the believe God may look like... If it's this important to you to discuss this, please discuss it by making a thread!

Only your body will be dead for a short time.

Look in a mirror he looks kind of like that.

At what point is something "too precise" to have been formed by natural processes?

When you rely on accidents to explain it all. For instance both mars and Venice are on the edge of the Goldie lock zone. But earth is right in the middle.

• Like 1

"Nothing" being the lowest energy state.

I don't know what you consider precision but life is far from it. Many failures have occurred to give rise to the successful.

Maybe God is energy that has the most advanced brain we've never seen before... With everything that is precise they're will always be errors. It's like a human learning to master their art. In this case this God might be learning how to make things perfect... Sometimes errors turn out to be on purpose too for the benefit to other creatures here on earth. Watch "God is a number" documentary.

Watch "God is a number" documentary. That should hopefully answer everything for you.

Only your body will be dead for a short time.

Look in a mirror he looks kind of like that.

Yes, it's possible we are apart of God, or pieces of him in some way...

When you rely on accidents to explain it all. For instance both mars and Venice are on the edge of the Goldie lock zone. But earth is right in the middle.

I can't imagine everything is an accident... Explain why Earth is right in the middle, just in the right spot, perfect for life to evolve... They're also finding this in other galaxies too, not all of them of course, but some of them are in just the right spot. Just like I said earlier, God might be learning to make things perfect, so not all galaxies will be correct.

I guess that's why some people believe God to be an advanced computer... I don't know whether to believe in that though. God might just be some very intelligent entity/creature/energy with a highly advanced brain we've never been able to fully examine.

Edited by NuttyKaks

(WARNING: Heretical Idea coming forward.)

What if GOD is left from the Previous Universe, and something like a computer that operates on quantum fluctuations (Spontaneously created and destroyed matter) for the number variable (like a 1 or 0). So it basically uses all of space as it's circuit board, and can crunch enough numbers to do just about any calculation. And can effectively use quantum background events to manipulate matter, so that celestial objects, over time, can be moved and directed. And objects on a solar system scale can then also be manipulated. And on a human personal scale. What if this super God computer that operates everywhere since the creation of the universe actually manipulated the previous universe into a singularity and detonated it? What if this god computer then adjusted the cosmic background to set the universal constants and directed matter to start clumping together into galaxies. What if the missing mass and energy isn't in dark matter, or dark energy, but is the shadow of the operation of this god computer?

I doubt such a device would contact some hillmen in a barbaric section of one of the rare worlds with life, but if we assume that it would/did, then it could appear as just about anything, which is what we actually expect of God. And such a computer, unless it had previous experience, would evolve how it dealt with such creatures as humans. Which again is what we see of the half dozen millennium that we've had a concept of a God.

Just a heretical idea...... :innocent::devil::alien: :alien:

Edited by DieChecker

Ah, the anthropic principle :rolleyes: Admittedly, one of the better arguments for some sort of intelligent design, but still easily refutable.

If Earth had not developed life, then it would not have developed sapient life (obviously) such as ourselves: ergo there would be no humans to remark about how "precise" its location was. Life could still exist on Earth (in some form) if the planet were as much as 37% closer to, or further away, from the Sun. The "Goldilocks Zone" is rather wide. Just because we haven't found life on Mars or Venus, doesn't mean that life would be impossible there, necessarily.

And what do you classify as an "accident"? Physics, chemistry, and biology don't work based on "accidents", they operate under sets of principles, which are mindless and intrinsic. Not accidental, but not designed. The two concepts aren't a dichotomy.

NuttyKaks, it's just occurred to me.... if you're now discussing whether or not God is a number, or is an energy, or computer, or whatever, then why are you bothering to ask what he/she/it looks like? :huh: Your nebulous idea of "God" doesn't sound like something that would have any sort of visual form in the first place.

Here is my own perception of God, not that it is accurate, what finite being can describe an infinite entity?

Existence -was -Existence-is -Existence-will be.

Within the writhing cosmic cloud of magnetic flux energy, that the always was, took on new form, evolved and coalesced again into a dense oneness of primordial glowing energy, which is and was and will be, the primordial source that moves between the everlasting cycle of order to chaos and chaos back to order.

It became thought.

Within a Timeless zone before existence came to be , a pool of infinite pure consideration held within it all the hopes, dreams, for creating new order within the realms of existence and reality and these immense waves of pure magnetic thought gradually coalesced and a mighty sentient consciousness emerged out of previous chaos.

It knew itself and called itself I.

I experienced time only in my dreams and the cup of my dreams ran over as do rivers that overflow their banks. I dreamed infinity of dreams in first instant, and infinity multiplied by infinity in the timeless zone I thought of creating all possibilities in one awesome now.

I awoke and thought the first thoughts within infinitely primordial mind I had become. Out of the realm of previous chaos I began to recreate outside the absolute realm and started the first realities based on new planes realms dimensions and textures.

I had drifted eternally in and out of awareness and within the mind flux of pure energy. I tossed out the foams singularities, started the flow of time and withdrew into itself outside time or space and sustained my creation as a static force of infinite power.

I became the Spirit as I twisted in agony of birth, boiling dissolving reforming writhing and vibrating, before existence or creation were reborn out of the thoughts programs of my mind I set up new realities and began to organize myself into a mighty being of thought and infinite intelligence.

I looked outward and inward into the infinite boundless dark void and knew I was alone and became filled with unspeakable loneliness.

Now aware of infinite potential of the vast unploughed fields of dark nothingness, I strode with great beams of Radiant Light toward the infinite horizons of eternity, sowing seeds of existence, before the timeless moment of creation.

I grew out of nothingness by my own will, before anything else existed and with the mobilities of my original thoughts spoke out and created all that ever was, all that is, and all that will ever be.

Before I could create I who am everything, had to withdraw of myself to open up a void in which to place the universes I was about to grow out of the thought seeds resting in my mind, waiting for planting.

On the panorama of bleak blackness, I sewed seeds of universal radiant energy. Reality is the jewel of my creation and the beauty of my achievement. I am it who lives, forever and forever. It is I who illuminated the everlasting darkness of the primordial void, with beams of dazzling light in living and translucent glory to share it with those who love me.

At the moment of the thundering dawn of creating existence, I sent out the primordial heat to light up the universes for the seeds of life to be planted within them. I waited and watched as my creation grew and expanded and it filled my being with joy and satisfaction and I knew my workmanship was good.

I walked down the road of forever and sat down on the throne of infinity. I am the light being and my everlasting purpose is to create and cause existence, I am both nothing and everything I am the light that dispels the dark.

With infinite power and intellect I the nameless- ever- existing- one, looked out at a new empty infinite dark void. I am boundless I will create something with the potential to become like myself.

Therefore, I separated into an infinity of fundamental fragments yet remained connected to my created beings as the great creator and father spirit.

I set up polarities separating, the sons of light and the sons of dark and permitted enmity to exist between the forces of good and the forces of evil.

I decided to separate existence into dualities and I withdrew myself into everlasting light and banished the rebellious- one into everlasting darkness. In this way all sentient beings could freely choose in which duality to exist.

Opposing forces split the chasm, as light blazed to banish the dark and the dark flowed as thick darkness to blot out the light forever.

I set up a plan to correct my primordial mistake and bring back those caught up and lost to the evil darkness, into the living light again.

There was no cause to my existence I having no Cause I am therefore both the effect and affect sustains and shaper of all things that exist

My acts of creation are cyclic events and my purpose reason for my existence. I formulate everything in the thoughts of my Mind and knew the first numbers.

I am Light

I am Life

Here is my own perception of God, not that it is accurate, what finite being can describe an infinite entity?

Existence -was -Existence-is -Existence-will be.

Within the writhing cosmic cloud of magnetic flux energy, that the always was, took on new form, evolved and coalesced again into a dense oneness of primordial glowing energy, which is and was and will be, the primordial source that moves between the everlasting cycle of order to chaos and chaos back to order.

It became thought.

Within a Timeless zone before existence came to be , a pool of infinite pure consideration held within it all the hopes, dreams, for creating new order within the realms of existence and reality and these immense waves of pure magnetic thought gradually coalesced and a mighty sentient consciousness emerged out of previous chaos.

It knew itself and called itself I.

I experienced time only in my dreams and the cup of my dreams ran over as do rivers that overflow their banks. I dreamed infinity of dreams in first instant, and infinity multiplied by infinity in the timeless zone I thought of creating all possibilities in one awesome now.

I awoke and thought the first thoughts within infinitely primordial mind I had become. Out of the realm of previous chaos I began to recreate outside the absolute realm and started the first realities based on new planes realms dimensions and textures.

I had drifted eternally in and out of awareness and within the mind flux of pure energy. I tossed out the foams singularities, started the flow of time and withdrew into itself outside time or space and sustained my creation as a static force of infinite power.

I became the Spirit as I twisted in agony of birth, boiling dissolving reforming writhing and vibrating, before existence or creation were reborn out of the thoughts programs of my mind I set up new realities and began to organize myself into a mighty being of thought and infinite intelligence.

I looked outward and inward into the infinite boundless dark void and knew I was alone and became filled with unspeakable loneliness.

Now aware of infinite potential of the vast unploughed fields of dark nothingness, I strode with great beams of Radiant Light toward the infinite horizons of eternity, sowing seeds of existence, before the timeless moment of creation.

I grew out of nothingness by my own will, before anything else existed and with the mobilities of my original thoughts spoke out and created all that ever was, all that is, and all that will ever be.

Before I could create I who am everything, had to withdraw of myself to open up a void in which to place the universes I was about to grow out of the thought seeds resting in my mind, waiting for planting.

On the panorama of bleak blackness, I sewed seeds of universal radiant energy. Reality is the jewel of my creation and the beauty of my achievement. I am it who lives, forever and forever. It is I who illuminated the everlasting darkness of the primordial void, with beams of dazzling light in living and translucent glory to share it with those who love me.

At the moment of the thundering dawn of creating existence, I sent out the primordial heat to light up the universes for the seeds of life to be planted within them. I waited and watched as my creation grew and expanded and it filled my being with joy and satisfaction and I knew my workmanship was good.

I walked down the road of forever and sat down on the throne of infinity. I am the light being and my everlasting purpose is to create and cause existence, I am both nothing and everything I am the light that dispels the dark.

With infinite power and intellect I the nameless- ever- existing- one, looked out at a new empty infinite dark void. I am boundless I will create something with the potential to become like myself.

Therefore, I separated into an infinity of fundamental fragments yet remained connected to my created beings as the great creator and father spirit.

I set up polarities separating, the sons of light and the sons of dark and permitted enmity to exist between the forces of good and the forces of evil.

I decided to separate existence into dualities and I withdrew myself into everlasting light and banished the rebellious- one into everlasting darkness. In this way all sentient beings could freely choose in which duality to exist.

Opposing forces split the chasm, as light blazed to banish the dark and the dark flowed as thick darkness to blot out the light forever.

I set up a plan to correct my primordial mistake and bring back those caught up and lost to the evil darkness, into the living light again.

There was no cause to my existence I having no Cause I am therefore both the effect and affect sustains and shaper of all things that exist

My acts of creation are cyclic events and my purpose reason for my existence. I formulate everything in the thoughts of my Mind and knew the first numbers.

I am Light

I am Life

Not badly written, I'll say that much. Not convincing at all, but not badly written.

On a more serious note, Mr. McDougall, do you have any actual evidence for any of this? As in non-philosophical evidence, for example? Forgive my incredulity, but from my perspective it doesn't even seem like you know what the word "energy" means... Perhaps if you cut down on the technobabble, sophistry and such? I don't mean to be nasty, but when someone posts something like that my scientist sense starts tingling like a mother.

So yeah, perhaps some elaboration? I guess?

NuttyKaks, it's just occurred to me.... if you're now discussing whether or not God is a number, or is an energy, or computer, or whatever, then why are you bothering to ask what he/she/it looks like? :huh: Your nebulous idea of "God" doesn't sound like something that would have any sort of visual form in the first place.

I don't know what he is. I do know he's real... I just wanted to know what others thought he looked like.

Anyways please make your own thread thanks.

It says in the Bible that we were made in their image. God was also walking through the Garden of Eden when he was looking for Adam.

It says in the Bible that we were made in their image. God was also walking through the Garden of Eden when he was looking for Adam.

You sound so sure. Where you in the Garden of Eden? Man wrote the Bible. Don't you think it's self serving??????????????????????? The Bible I'm sure has many facts but how to find them is the question...............................

Folks, the OP is pretty clear in what the purpose of the thread is:

What does God look like? I've always wondered this question. Anyone have any good theories? :unsure2:

(Atheists, I already know what you'll say... I've already heard it billions of times that God doesn't exist. Just don't post it please. Thanks...)

If you want to debate the existence of God, or request evidence, or what have you, head on over to the Spirituality vs. Skepticism forum and pick a topic. In this forum, the existence is assumed for the purposes of the discussion. Evidence is nice, but not required. Feel free to argue about the self-consistency of a given point, but not about whether the point is "true" or not.

Wait and see ,and if you get there you will know, but if you're naughty and don't get there you'll see the other guy....just waiting to see which one I meet..

That yearning is intrinsic, but that doesn't mean we're better off trying to sate it with fantasy ^_^

Incidentally, I don't plan on lying on a deathbed: speak for yourself ;) haha

Nobody does, yet they die, none-the-less. :hmm: