Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does God look like?

NuttyKaks

I have never given you the answer "random chance". Natural processes are not equal to random chance.

I am no longer going to waste my time with you, continue you silly HA HA HA, which will change on your death bed when and where, you have to finally fact the cold reality that you are actually dying, and going into a very dark place.

Goodby!!

I am no longer going to waste my time with you, continue you silly HA HA HA, which will change on your death bed when and where, you have to finally fact the cold reality that you are actually dying, and going into a very dark place.

If you are a Christian, you must have a very different interpretation of 'judge not' than I do, let alone, 'shake the dust off your feet'. You've nailed the part about knowing you 'by your fruits' however....

• Like 4

You've listed things you don't understand and declared "god did it". Sorry, water isn't rocket fuel.

Even if you did find a rocket that ran on water, this proves god how?

Edit: Your links have no relevance to proof of god.

lkike i said you have to be open about it and you are not.

Goodby!!

Many lapsed Christians return to God in their elderly years, or right before dying. It is human nature to seek solace in the final hours in any way possible, and luckily this can lead people to repentance, forgiveness and being saved at the last moment.

I always tell people, if they do not want to be a Christian, then at least live your life to a "good" moral standard, so you have no regrets. So when you're standing before Jesus at the Final Judgement, you can ask forgiveness and not have too much to answer for.

• Like 2

this one is even better.

http://worldnewsdail...rs-underground/

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction. - See more at: http://worldnewsdail...h.5MQVmbMX.dpuf
  • Like 3

some proofs of god.

1 water. water is made of hydrogen and water. we use those components for rocket fuel.

2 ice. is the only natural element that its solid form floats in its liquid form. true there are man made ones that will.

Water is among the most common substances in the universe, since hydrogen and oxygen are two of the most abundant chemicals. Rocket fuel could not be less relevant. Ice is simply water in a solid state. And no, it is a lie that it is the only substance which floats on its liquid form. Many others do.

3 salt. chloride and potassium. chloride is a poison. potassium explodes on contact with water.

Umm.... so?

4 the 1989 earthquake in the bay area. this quake hit during rush hour. there should have been 100,000 cars on the freeways. there were around 100.

People were evacuated: so no, there shouldn't have been 100,000 cars on the freeways, unless everyone had utterly ignored the warnings.

5. the salt lake tornado, again there would have been a large number of people on the streets and in the parking lot that was hit the hardest. but it hit a day before the convention hit.

Not sure how that's relevant. Natural disasters happen all the time.

6 another earthquake in pakistan. they found a man alive in rubble a week after he should have been dead.

This has been documented many times. It's rare, but as long as the victim has access to air and water while crushed, it is possible for them to survive. Again, not sure how any of these even remotely qualify as "proofs of god".

Goodby!!

It certainly doesn't take much to get you riled up, does it? Simply asking for evidence, when you know you don't have any :whistle:

And you have the nerve to call me immature? Hahaha :lol: At least I don't throw a tizzy fit when somebody refutes me.

Edited by Jeanne dArc

as i said you have to be open to the proof or it means nothing to you.

Oh, we're open to proof. You just haven't presented any real proof.

everything i listed proves god. three miracles and three everyday proof. everytime you drink water or any liquid with water in it , your drinking rocket fuel.

Nope. Nothing you said was even remotely remarkable. And no, water is not rocket fuel. Just like water is not a human being, simply because human beings have water in them.

tell me what of my six items did i make up.

You made up two of them, the other four are simply meaningless.

looks like i remembered wrong. it was haiti, and it wasn't a week it was a month.

http://www.dailymail...EEKS-alive.html

It makes little difference.

this one is even better.

http://worldnewsdail...rs-underground/

It's not at all "better". The World News Daily Report is a hoax/satire website: it's not news, it's a joke. A lie. Sorry.

lkike i said you have to be open about it and you are not.

You need to present more than ignorance, and you are not.

I think the title of the thread was "What does God look like", not "I don't believe in God so I'm going to keep demanding evidence".

I still like my idea that God looks like Gravity.

I think the title of the thread was "What does God look like", not "I don't believe in God so I'm going to keep demanding evidence".

I thought it was "I drink rocket fuel, therefore God"
  • Like 1

I thought it was "I drink rocket fuel, therefore God"

I thought that that was in reference to "Provide Proof or I'll swamp this thread"? He was attempting (Badly perhaps) to provide examples of what might be seen as miraculous. What does demanding proof of the miraculous have to do with responding to a post on what you think God looks like?

I thought that that was in reference to "Provide Proof or I'll swamp this thread"? He was attempting (Badly perhaps) to provide examples of what might be seen as miraculous. What does demanding proof of the miraculous have to do with responding to a post on what you think God looks like?

As I've explained at least three times now, the appearance of a god is rather contingent on there being an actual established thing that we're describing the appearance of. Nobody can claim to know what God looks like (or anything else about him, for that matter) without first demonstrating that there is, in fact, a god there in the first place.

Edited by Jeanne dArc
  • Like 1

As I've explained at least three times now, the appearance of a god is rather contingent on there being an actual established thing that we're describing the appearance of. Nobody can claim to know what God looks like (or anything else about him, for that matter) without first demonstrating that there is, in fact, a god there in the first place.

There, you've had your say. Three times apparently. So, what is keeping you here refuting the opinions of other people, over and over?

We're at 63 pages of posts, and probably only 10 pages actually reference the topic.

Edited by DieChecker

Nothing as I didn't demand proof of miracles. I pointed out his proof was a god of gaps.
  • Like 1

There, you've had your say. Three times apparently. So, what is keeping you here refuting the opinions of other people, over and over?

We're at 63 pages of posts, and probably only 10 pages actually reference the topic.

Why are you still here then? If your policy is simply give your two cents and leave, then I'd say you did that about 60 pages or so ago. I have no such policy: I can refute people here all I like, thanks. In any case, I have to refute "over and over" because my refutations frequently are ignored. I don't like to have to repeat myself, but I will have my point get across, even if that means having to repeat it a thousand times.

Nothing as I didn't demand proof of miracles. I pointed out his proof was a god of gaps.

:w00t: That you did... That you did.....

You won't see me trying to defend potential miracles. I already tried that in this thread earlier, and people were not receptive. I think maybe it was 40 pages ago.

When he (we... because I did the same thing several days ago) began to try to defend the existence of God, that is where the thread derailed. It seems to me that these same posters have been saying the same things in like 10 threads over and over again.

Why are you still here then?

I waiting to see what other posters think GOD LOOKS LIKE!! You know... the subject of the thread? :innocent:

If your policy is simply give your two cents and leave, then I'd say you did that about 60 pages or so ago. I have no such policy: I can refute people here all I like, thanks. In any case, I have to refute "over and over" because my refutations frequently are ignored. I don't like to have to repeat myself, but I will have my point get across, even if that means having to repeat it a thousand times.

You absolutely can refute what you like. Go ahead, if it makes you more of a social, friendly, adult human, you go ahead. If you feel more actualized, or more enlightened by the discussion, you go ahead. If you seek to educate, go ahead. If all you are doing even is only for Entertainment alone, I say, "Go ahead".

But, I would add, after reading pages and pages of your responses, that perhaps wisdom is shown by those who have been ignoring you.

• Like 1

Just to belatedly bring in a tiny point - this is the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs section, and in such a board as this establishing an empirical deity is not in fact contingenton the thread premise. If we were on the Spirituality vs Skepticism section it may be a different story.... If....

Just to belatedly bring in a tiny point - this is the Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs section, and in such a board as this establishing an empirical deity is not in fact contingenton the thread premise. If we were on the Spirituality vs Skepticism section it may be a different story.... If....

I see little difference. If this were the Imagination, Fiction and Scrutiny-Free section, then perhaps I would withhold my refutation. But it isn't. Or is it......??

I waiting to see what other posters think GOD LOOKS LIKE!! You know... the subject of the thread? :innocent:

Fair enough. If entertainment is your only purpose here, then be my guest. I'm here for those who actually take this question seriously: and the existence of a god has to be brought into that particular discussion.

You absolutely can refute what you like. Go ahead, if it makes you more of a social, friendly, adult human, you go ahead. If you feel more actualized, or more enlightened by the discussion, you go ahead. If you seek to educate, go ahead. If all you are doing even is only for Entertainment alone, I say, "Go ahead".

Thanks ^_^

But, I would add, after reading pages and pages of your responses, that perhaps wisdom is shown by those who have been ignoring you.

Oh? Kindly elaborate.

I see little difference. If this were the Imagination, Fiction and Scrutiny-Free section, then perhaps I would withhold my refutation. But it isn't. Or is it......??

The Spirituality, Religion and Beliefs Section was created several years ago to address the issue of uber-scepticism. What I mean by this is that the Spirituality board (there was only one at the time) had basically boiled down to the following:

*thread started*

Question - I'd like information on subject x, or feedback on experience y, or want to hear stories about deity z (or any other topic you care to name)

Answer - first prove to me that God exists, Jesus never existed so the question is irrelevant, you have no proof of God so who cares what the question is at all.

As you can guess, from here regardless of whatever the question originally was the premise of the thread is very quickly supplanted by attempting to discuss the scepticism of whether the "spiritual" even exists at all. In order to allow those who do believe a place to better express their views, this section of the boards was created. It doesn't mean that people can't disagree with the premise of the OP, what it does mean however is that "sceptic vs believer" style debates are discouraged. Thus if someone asks "what does God look like" (as in the case of this thread), there is some latitude for an atheist to answer "God doesn't exist". However, moving from there to demanding that God be proven to exist before the question can be dealt with is not for this section of the board.

Why? Because this then turns into a "sceptic vs believer" style of debate where the question of "what does God look like" becomes secondary to the scepticism of "prove God exists". If you want that type of debate, the Spirituality vs Skepticism section of the board has many such threads on the topic. If you choose to interpret that as calling this the Imagination, Fiction and Scrutiny-Free section that is your choice, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Fair enough. If entertainment is your only purpose here, then be my guest. I'm here for those who actually take this question seriously: and the existence of a god has to be brought into that particular discussion.

Thanks ^_^

Oh? Kindly elaborate.