Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dont know what it is.

desirae00

Well I'm new to this, and I never really told anyone about the noise I hear. But I hear this knocking sound. I don't hear it a lot, just every once in a while. And its always at different times that I hear it. When I use to live with my mom, I was 19, my grandma moved in cause she was really sick, after she past is right around the time it started. When I would get really sad, I would pray to her, just talk to her, and those nights when I would sleep, I was always wakened by those knocks to.

I would be asleep and out if no where I would here this knocking sound, they weren't loud at all, they were low knocks. But when I would hear them, it would wake me up right away. They always sounded like it was coming from the front door. I never opened the door. I would just look out the window but wouldn't see anyone. So I would just go back to bed. I would somethimes here someone whisper my name in my ear, while I was living in my moms house too, but no one will be there. But like I said it didn't happen a lot, just like once every two months.

Anyways, I moved out of her house a couple months ago. And recently heared those knocks again a couple days ago. One night I prayed to my grandma, let her know how I was doing, that I missed her more then anything. Early in the morning is when I hear those knocks. I got up quick, looked outside the window and no one was at the door. It's really weird and I wish I knew what it is, but these knocks don't scare me at all. I'm not afraid when I hear them.

• Like 1

hello and welcome to UM, hope you have a pleasent stay.

Sorry to hear the passing of your grandma,

Love to hear any new experiences regarding this.

Welcome to UM. Homes have knocks, creaks and thuds it happens. If my grandmother wished to reach me i would expect her to be courteous enough to do it while i was awake. Most likely the noises seem louder and more noticeable cause it quiet.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM :st

Since it seems like this happens upon your awaking, I will hazard a guess that it is sleep related. Like sleep paralysis or dreaming.

Do you only hear it when you are drowsy or actually asleep? Hypnagogia is a very common culprit due to the mind transitioning between sleeping and alertness where the two states kinda merge and lingering dream fragments or subconscious impulses can create many vivid hallucinations or sounds or even smells since the brain operates in dream similar to the senses it transcribes whilst awake.

I am sorry for your loss, I do believe in some forms of ghosts as energy operating very much on instinct whether it is residual within a property or in visitation from wherever the person is but in a very crude form and I have read countless accounts that very in intensity and ridiculousness so will not rule out what the cause is.

Has the property ever made such knocking sounds before? If you can rule out subconscious emotional conjurations, which would not make you crazy, just dealing with the loss in a creative way, we would have to analyze the physical origins that such a sound could arise from and whether this has occurred prior to your lovely grandma passing away.

Welcome it could be your grandmother telling you she is ok

Edited by coolguy