Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War 3

Lochness_hunter

i really did not know where to put this so if this is the wrong place pls move it.

Ok i am starting to think that ww3 is right around the corner. I mean 9/11, the collision of the chinese and american aircraft, the chinese calling taiwan a "rebellious provence", the mystery sub in japanese waters, the us in iraq and afganistan, the iranian nuclear program which israel threatened to attack, the terrorist attacks around the world (russian school and madrid train bombings). The russian military helping in the movement of iraqi artillery into syria, the russian new strategic missile program, france moving into the ivory coast, North Korea has a maniac behind the wheel, and over all everybody seems to have lost there damn minds. (sry for the language)

So i am pretty worried that the poo is going to hit the fan here pretty soon, so i guess i might want to be working on that bomb shelter.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Asterix

• kikuchiyo

• Erikl

I understand your concerns, and indeed the situation looks really bad, but it's not anyhow worse than it used to be in the last 50 yrs. I believe actually, that ww3 is way less possible now comparing to e.g. early '60s.

By the way, interesting detail..We say:

North Korea has a maniac behind the wheel

when N.Korea is the only one from the states mentioned before that hasn't made any violent aggression anywhere in the world these days. US, France, Russia, Iraq-Iran-Afghanistan have all been in wars, but N. Korea (led by a maniac, as ppl say rolleyes.gif ) is not..

Why worry about something you have no control over. Just live you life to the full. Enjoy it while you can!

According to some:

World War 3 was the Cold War. Major campaigns included Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Korea. World War 4 is underway as we speak.

According to some:

World War 3 was the Cold War. Major campaigns included Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Korea. World War 4 is underway as we speak.

352293[/snapback]

Agreed, world war means there is a war, and many, not just two (the defense and opposition) but other countries are included too. Technically this war also has not just the u.s. and Iraq fighting it, but a few other countries (althought their numbers are small) are involved.

But if you're talknig something as massive as Hitler and his regime (WW2)....well, with Bush attacking countries like he is, dont' be surprised if the world bans together to take us down.

Edited by firefemme1202

well if we look at it that way the world has been in perpetual war since WW2. I don't think i can recall a year without any war or any attack, or what we could call a "peaceful year".

True if anything bigger then what's actually happening right now, i'll would consider it a ww4. If there's a draft shelter or no shelter we'll meet on the front line.

Edited by kikuchiyo

WWIII will probably begin when oil supplies become dangerously low. I don't think a situation like that will happen for at least 25 years. I'm hoping that by then the US will have reduced its dependence on oil by using renewable energy sources. However, I don't believe that other countries will have pursued renewable energy, and those are the countries that will start to war over oil property. Russia, China, India, and Middle-Eastern countries will probably be in the middle of it all. The countries not fighting over oil will most likely try to break things up. I think that all countries involved will be wise enough to not use WMDs.

If an actual world war was ever to occur again like WWII, it will be within the next four years. Period.

Burns, I love the way you never miss an opportunity to give a little dig to the US.

Not the US dear Michelle, I know and it has been proven to me that the US is a wonderous place with great people that given the change would never hurt anyone for any reason.

Just the Bush admin however. Under any other president, i have no doubt that world peace would be achievable. But under a man who has promised nothing but war, well, i think my view is self explanatory.

Let me get this straight..you think any president of the US could achieve WORLD peace? I'm sorry, but so many had tried and failed before so how could ANYONE do it now?

I said that i believe it is achievable.

It is achievable for anyone really if they are striving for that goal. Except, of course, Dubya, who is hell bent on policing the world and attacking anyone who does not conform to american supremacy.

Anyway, we know my views on all this stuff. My opnion on the topic, is that if WW3 is to happen, which i doubt anyway, it'll happen during the time of Bush. This was not a stab at americans, as i stated, only Bush.

I thought John Titor told us already... oh yeah, he was proven to be a ...fake huh.gifw00t.gif

ditto Kryso...theres no time to worry wink2.gif

Just the Bush admin however. Under any other president, i have no doubt that world peace would be achievable. But under a man who has promised nothing but war, well, i think my view is self explanatory.

How much studying have you done about the Clinton Administration? Bosnia, Kosovo, am I ringing bells. Why just Bush? Ronald Reagan did his share, ask the people of Lybia. Shall I go on. Thomas Jefferson ordered the Navy to engage and subdue the Barbary Pirates in the Mediterranean, remember the Marine Corp. Hymn. "To the shores of Tripoli. That line is about our involvement in ridding the world of the terroristic threat of the Barbary Pirates. The third President of the United States used the Military to subdue terrorist in a foreign land. Imagine that!!!!!! ETC, ETC......

World peace, please there has never been world peace. Not as long as humans inhabit the planet. Study up on it, since the dawn of time men have proven time and time again that we can not get along long enough to watch a single year pass. During the course of any year someone in power somewhere will order his military to in essence break the peace. It is not always the old nasty USA who is in the middle of these attempts to disrupt the peace. Did not the very same man Saddam Hussein, invade a neighbor necessitating the use of military force to get him back behind his own borders. What kind of atrocities were perpetrated before his army was forced out of Kuwait. Check it out, world peace although a wonderful concept is just that a concept. An unobtainable pipe dream. Will there be WW3? I sure there will be another war that would qualify as a global conflict. As for the cause and extent of this conflict I can only venture guess. I don't think any country will use nukes extensively. Some rouge nation may unleash a nuke but I am positive the vengeance that would follow would make using another one a mute point. Sorry to get somewhat lengthy, it is a personality flaw I am currently working on....

Thank you twpdyp...I really dislike arguing and just didn't want to get into all that.

I will be surprised if you get an answer from Burns without Talon to back him up. tongue.gifwhistling2.gif

Containment vs. Preemptive strikes devil.gif

PNAC devil.gif

Bush doctrine devil.gif

This is why G.W.B is much more likely to end it all. No administration has ever done this before Bush. And don't forget, Bush has god on his side more so then any other Prez before him. This always helps the delusion that you are the greatest person on the planet and all that you do can not be wrong because god is on your side. Does history ring a bell anyone?

Talon has been gone for weeks. Sadly. And even if he was, it is usually me backing him up, and him giving all the good arguments. I'm not very good at them you see, which is why i organise debates but do not participate in them. grin2.gif

twpdyp, no with that attitude no one will ever achieve a state of peace on this planet. Mainly because evenyone seems to believe that war is the answer to everything. Bush certainly does.

With Clinton, Regal, hell even Bush Senior, they had great reasons for their crusades that, while i don't agree once again with the methods used, certainly did more for the people than Bush Jr who is fighting a war because he could not capture a man who killed 1000's of american so he went for the next best thing based on false information that really hasn't done squat for no one except make awful lot of innocent civilians have to bury their wives, husbands, daughters, parents etc.

All in the name of big business, which is supports fully while denying the small american man, people like you, good healthcare. I ask, why can a country like america be so rich and powerful, yet make it's citizens spend thousands a month on healthcare but a country like canada can manage to give all it's citizens completely free healthcare? Because Bush doesn't give a crap about you, that's why. If only you weren't so blind to it, maybe your baby would recieve all the free healthcare it would ever need, but nope, you side with war and murder and tax cuts for the rich. Bravo!

That was more of a rant than anything but it felt good to get it out.

Sorry about taking this so far off topic.

I ask, why can a country like america be so rich and powerful, yet make it's citizens spend thousands a month on healthcare but a country like canada can manage to give all it's citizens completely free healthcare? Because Bush doesn't give a crap about you, that's why. If only you weren't so blind to it, maybe your baby would recieve all the free healthcare it would ever need, but nope, you side with war and murder and tax cuts for the rich. Bravo

SO TRUE!!!!!!

I ask, why can a country like america be so rich and powerful, yet make it's citizens spend thousands a month on healthcare but a country like canada can manage to give all it's citizens completely free healthcare?

I would question the quality of that health care, with Canadians flocking over the border to be seen by a Doctor before they die. But I need to stay on the topic.

I would not question it, since my healthcare has always been amazing, right away, and completely free. Served by a government that cares about it's people.

Edited by BurnSide

i think the next one will be the USA against Europe. they are both technology advance. Some of the european countries don't like bush much and bonds will break between them and the UK being parties with the EU will prob join with Europe as they will well be in line of offense or first to target. The USA is a superpower and some European |Countries aren't far off so i think that they will be monitoring each other more and more if you know what i mean.

Like I said a pipe dream, man has resided on this little rock for how many years? Has world peace ever been obtained? If you are a Christian you are taught that ever since Cain killed Abel men have been finding new and wonderful ways to kill one another. If you are not a Christian then you were taught that even tribal cave men from prehistoric times up to today waged battles with neighboring tribes, groups and nations over everything from food to the best cave, to religion. Has always been so and unless I miss my guess it will remain so. Now don't get me wrong, I hate to see our young men and women die. I would love to see world peace in my life time. All I am saying is that I believe it is an impossible dream. I have an 18 year old son about to join the United States Navy in June. He hopes to qualify for Seal training. So you see I stand to loose a great deal over war but I support him and his decision. It is not my place to stop him. I am not belittling peace just attempting to use a little historical reality. Somewhere somehow the peace will always be broken. I am sure that somewhere in the future even your country and mine will engage in some form of conflict over borders or someother such thing. Lets just hope and pray that if that happens it remains a minor conflict and that it is resolved quickly. Burnside WW3 is inevitable, face it. It is how we cope with war and its death and destruction that will make us or break us.

i think the next one will be the USA against Europe. they are both technology advance. Some of the european countries don't like bush much and bonds will break between them and the UK being parties with the EU will prob join with Europe as they will well be in line of offense or first to target. The USA is a superpower and some European |Countries aren't far off so i think that they will be monitoring each other more and more if you know what i mean.

'One day, we were at war with Eurasia, and were always at war with Eurasia. The next, Eurasia were our allies and we had always been at war with East Asia'

George Orwell.

Edited by BurnSide

One day, we were at war with Eurasia, and were always at war with Eurasia. The next, Eurasia were our allies and we had always been at war with East Asia'

George Orwell.

Yesterdays allies become tomorrows enemies, just like I have been arguing all along. It is a circle that seemingly cannot be broken.

twpdyp, you and i are more alike than either of us realise i think. Just our methods and views are a little opposing.

What you are saying though, is that since the dawn of time man has been killing man. Which is, of course, completely true. I am not a christan and have been taught the ways of evolution, which states that since man crawled out the primitive ooze they began clubbing each other. For food, for sex, for dominance.

As man evolves, we see civilization grow, but this instinctive nature does not dinimish. It surfaces time and time again in history. In ancient egypt we see struggles for power and greed. In the roman empire we see, well, men clubbing each other over the heads for power, dominance and greed.

And indeed, in todays society all over the world, we continue to club each over over the head for dominance, power, greed. And occasionally, for women too.

My view is, why have we not progressed further than this caveman way of life? Why must we continue to club, rather than embrace and share? All of the worlds suffering if because of greed and dominance. That is what i see in the countries of the world. In the rich north we see european countries, north american territories, asian areas, all hoarding while the poor south starves and struggles. This leads to terrorist organisations who do not want to live the poor life attacking countries like america, which has seemingly endless resources and no desire to do anyting other than control the south. And the result is bombing, killing, death and destruction to these already ruined cultures. This is not the answer!!

Neither is the answer to starve people of their basic rights. These terrorist attacks have given excuse to invading and basically tearing to pieces the very foundations of human rights.

All is explained and discussed in George Orwells 1984. He may have been 20 years to late, but he was damn spot on the mark. Dominance, power, greed. I don't think the war will EVER end, because it is very good for the businessman and the corporations, who already have their taxes drastically cut and are sipping wine out of glasses the common man couldn't afford with a years worth of paychecks.

George Bush sides with the corporations. He sides with companies that make money by taking yours without giving you anything back.

Here's an idea, why don't we all SHARE, like our mommys taught us to do.

And this long rambling rant is my excuse as to why i believe there will not be a third world war, getting back onto the topic. It'll always be this monotone war of the rich against the poor.

ANd besides that, the whole world cannot get into war again like in 1939, it just isn't possible.