Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War 3

Lochness_hunter

Yesterdays allies become tomorrows enemies, just like I have been arguing all along. It is a circle that seemingly cannot be broken.

352829[/snapback]

That is not world war. That is the government controlling the lives of the people to the point where they actually have no idea if the war is even real anymore, or who they are actually fighting. Not world war, just constant war. That's where i see the majority of western countries in a few years.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Asterix

• kikuchiyo

• Erikl

Burnside

If you can answer the question why do we continue to club each other over the head? You will prove that you are indeed the wisest of the wise. I for one do not know why. I am a student of history and also versed in the teachings of evolution. I am a product of American public schools, evolution is taught exclusivly.

I agree with you about us being alike. But I am also extremely patriotic, I am a Bible believing, flag saluting, NRA card carrying, gun owning, hard working American. I have been accused of blind patriotism, I confess. I would have supported John Kerry if he had won the election, I voted for Bush. I honor the Flag, the Pledge of Alligiance, Mom, Baseball, and apple pie. But for the sake of reality I cannot embrace and accept the notion of world peace. Not against it just cannot accept that it may ever happen. I hold that WW3 will happen, may have already started. I am at work even as we speak and must return to my duties, I shall return.

twpdyp(Thomas)

laugh.gif The greatest scholars will never know, i have no hope. My best reasoning is something you will, being a christian, not agree with: we are animals with basic instincts hidden in our genes.

Still, i salute the fact that you will stand by your country, as i did state the american people really are fantastic and you are no exception, i but i will not abandon my feelings towards the way the so called 'War on Terror' is being fought. Many lives could have been saved this past Nov 2nd, but now i strongly believe it's too late, the cogs are in motion for a never ending american war.

Thank you for being civil, i hope i did not offend you outside staing my opinions. thumbsup.gif

No Offense, we just engaged in a spirited debate. I enjoyed it. But like I said I am at work I get to go home in 20 minutes so I will say good night to you burnside and all of my other unexplained-mysteries frineds.

If WWIII comes we will all die in a nasty blast or the horriffic nuclear winter that follows, enough maniacs around the world have access to thermo-nuclear weapons for someone to get P122ed off one and blow us all to hell, in the mean time lets drink beer make love and ...post on here lol

I don't think we are in a political climate to be able to start a world war, as we don't have a common ennemy, as in the case of past ww.(And that's my main anti-ww argument.)

I would not question it, since my healthcare has always been amazing, right away, and completely free. Served by a government that cares about it's people.

352803[/snapback]

"Amazing"?For you maybe not for others it seems,especially senior citizens,who have been DENIED treatment.

Canada's healthcare

"Completely free"?Hardly!Paid for by MASSIVE TAXATION of it's hard-working citizens.

Canada's taxes

"By a government that cares about it's people"?LMAO!The only thing governments,including my own,care about when it comes to it's citizens is what they can get out of them!Money,work,votes,etc.

As for the topic at hand,I believe there could be a WWIII.I don't think it would be over land,oil,religon,or politics it would be over what is fast becoming the most precious thing on this planet-fresh water.

i think the next one will be the USA against Europe. they are both technology advance. Some of the european countries don't like bush much and bonds will break between them and the UK being parties with the EU will prob join with Europe as they will well be in line of offense or first to target. The USA is a superpower and some European |Countries aren't far off so i think that they will be monitoring each other more and more if you know what i mean.

Its never gonna happen , never.

Take it from a european there is no animosity on the levels that would be required to make relations tense never mind start a world war.

Zephyr has hit the nail on the head.

The simple fact is that everyone knows what would happen if we had another World War , it would be over in muntes and so would the world itself.

The thing we should be discussing is when the terrorists get a hold of an A-bomb then we're all in trouble.

World War 3, when will it start.

We're already in it...Right up to our necks.

And theProtagonists are...ourselves and anybody we happen to disagree with.

Vimjams

ph34r.gif

This all could very easily lead to WW3. But What about the prophecy which was said by Nostradomus? He said that after the third anti-christ has fallen it will lead to WW3. After people uncoded the anagram, it was figured most likely that the third anti-christ is Yassur Arafat (the leader of palestine). Arafat has recently died, so does this mean that WW3 is in sight? We will just have to wait and see. I believe that it is bound to happen some day. Just look at all of the things going on around the world. The things that Lochness hunter posted is just the tip of the iceberg. Hmm, if us humans don't get along, it is likely we will all kill ourselves off, extinct, gone, nada, BOOM, lol.

I believe that WW3 is terrorism. It is pretty much invoving most of the world at the moment and it is perhaps even more dangerous because there is no clear way to stop it. World War 1 and 2 were stopped because nations were overpowered by other nations allying. But how are we supposed to ally when terrorism is happening in all types of countries? There is no clear way to stop terrorism.

p.s. how did this forum get become a forum for Candadien health care? keep it on topic please

When resources run low countries will do anything to get their hands on it, even if it means risking wars.

Let's take a closer look at Iraq's Oil shall we...take a hint.

And now a certain clash between Japan and China is erupting and from what? Resources.

A little incentive will do the trick to kick-start WW3 and you know now what that is.

----------

In response to the prophecies, let's hope all this isn't true and that WW3 will not happen. Too many lives will be lost.

To those who will survive WW3, I hope a new age of peace prevails.

I doubt WW3 will happen as a huge nuclear attack by any goverment. War's are fought because of politics which is to do with money, power and greed and status, goverments thrive of this and a nuclear attack of that magnitude would defeat the purpose.

If anything Terrorism is WW3 and anyone plannig to blow the world up will be done by these crackpots.

Edited by Lottie

i really did not know where to put this so if this is the wrong place pls move it.

Ok i am starting to think that ww3 is right around the corner. I mean 9/11, the collision of the chinese and american aircraft, the chinese calling taiwan a "rebellious provence", the mystery sub in japanese waters, the us in iraq and afganistan, the iranian nuclear program which israel threatened to attack, the terrorist attacks around the world (russian school and madrid train bombings). The russian military helping in the movement of iraqi artillery into syria, the russian new strategic missile program, france moving into the ivory coast, North Korea has a maniac behind the wheel, and over all everybody seems to have lost there damn minds. (sry for the language)

So i am pretty worried that the poo is going to hit the fan here pretty soon, so i guess i might want to be working on that bomb shelter.

352128[/snapback]

/////////////////////////

I HATE to say this ... but World War III may already be here (lest of course as then President Reagen addressed before the U.N. some years ago - ante-Star Wars). Reagen's speech stipulated that BOTH the Soviet Union (at that time - remember?) - and the U.S. should UNITE against an enemy "OUT THERE" (referring to Outer Space)! Was not long after that the Berlin Wall came down and we know the rest.

World War III may just come from "OUT THERE"! Perhaps those "STAR WARS" (Strategic Initiative) weapons are now pointed "OUT THERE" .. and the situations going on in this world are distracting us from a TRUER enemy? (This being intentional or non-intentional). We DID outspend the Russians on defense!

Talk about the "POO" hitting the fan!!!

But again .... those "Little Green (or Grey)" men do NOT exist - do they?!?

Food for thought (ugh!!)

From the Gryphon's Lair

Actually I remember hearing on one of the news networks that when we invaded Iraq we risked starting WW4, so WW3 just sort of snuck in there without anyone realizing it. So I wanna know exactly when and where WW3 was, and how it happened without anyone knowing.

Actually I remember hearing on one of the news networks that when we invaded Iraq we risked starting WW4, so WW3 just sort of snuck in there without anyone realizing it.  So I wanna know exactly when and where WW3 was, and how it happened without anyone knowing.

354919[/snapback]

Lol, I remember that!

Hahahaha, great minds think alike around here...

I'm actually creating a comic book detailing world war III, or at least how I would see it, and so far its pretty close to what some of you guys have been saying. Terrorism, definately the face of our enemy; more importantly though the cause is conflicting ideology. Oh, and maybe just a few things moved around and a little more fun technology involved, like a GIANT SPACE CANNON!! grin2.gif

Anyway, you guys are giving out some sweet starting points for brainstorming. thumbsup.gif

I don't think there will ever be a WW3. Since the only superpower left is America, who are they going to attack? There is no more struggles for large pieces of land anymore (like with WW1, WW2), and as for natural resources- starting WW3 for oil or coal etc would be stupid because even if you won, you wouldn't be able to use it.Thats why there will always be those small wars- Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Vietnam, etc... Wars to make one government look good or to get something they want.

The news in each country plays such a big part in how the people in that country think about the war. When I talk to my family in England about some news, the news we get in Japan is completely different, American friends of mine say the same. When I went to Hong Kong and France, the same news was so different!

The governments decide how the news is shown- if they are for or against the war. American people don't travel outside their country enough, so they don't get to see a truer view of the war.

I'm not American-bashing but, you lot do seem to love wars gunsmilie.gif Even if you aren't very good at winning them.( Except for WW2- where you lot were kind enough to come into Europe when the threat to you was in Asia. Without the Yanks I'm not so sure if I would be speaking German or not at the moment).

As for Iraq, at least America is sticking with it, not like Vietnam, where they could see it was pointless and crawled away with their **** in a sling. (If it is possible to crawl in that situation)

It will be interesting to see how Iraq changes in the next 5 to 10 years. I hope it becomes a better country- so all those lives, American/British/Iraqi/etc will not have been wasted for anything other than political point scoring or oil.

For a World War to actually happen EVERY continent has to be directly involved.

I can't see much of Europe, Africa or even Australia being involved. Why would they?

There will be wars, big ones, even ones involving the ones above, though I seriously doubt another World War would happen.

The super powers at the time, whoever they may be, will shut it down before it starts.

Since the only superpower left is America, who are they going to attack?

'Even the strongest will one day fall', All the powers of the past have fallen, the US will not be a super power forever. China's on its way to being the next super power, jut let it industrialise and we'll all be living in its shadow.

Except for WW2- where you lot were kind enough to come into Europe when the threat to you was in Asia. Without the Yanks I'm not so sure if I would be speaking German or not at the moment).

Not likely. The Soviets were a super power and by the end of the war producing more tanks and planes than the Axis and the rest of the Alies put together. The Red Army would have overrun Hitler no matter what, may have taken longer but they were just to strong in the end for the Nazis. So it wouldn't have been German we'd be speaking but rather Russian.

Well assuming we ever had a WW3, Einstien's old saying applies 'I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones"

I don't think there will ever be a WW3. Since the only superpower left is America, who are they going to attack?

355342[/snapback]

OK there is another power that is quickly rising, the European Union. And the number of countries that join the Union is rising. I heard that the Union is contemplating on having a political rather then just a economic union. What does this mean? Well every European country which is part of the union would then become one sole country. Imagine the power they would have then. Europe would be by far the highest political power. Economicaly speaking, China is growing fast, and could easily by the ECONOMIC super power some day.

But to stay back on topic... I belive that WW3 has already started. Just look at the last two world wars. They never called them WW1 and WW2 until they were close to being done. And this is just the begining, europe will propably get more involved, then drag in their allies, and so on. Refering back to my comment on Nostradomus, I would like to add that he predicted that when it was all over with there would be peace. Kinda hard to belive at this point, but hey, anything is possible.

Edited by Dead_Man_Inc

I do believe that if the G. Brish govt keeps on its' present course and increases its' current attitudes towards the rest of the world, The USA will become the common enemy necessary for WWIII. ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif