Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World War 3

Lochness_hunter

There isn't going to be WW3. All the countries big enough to cause problems are all back-slapping each other on trade etc... It would be too big of an economic loss.

Long live the small wars! They keep the world turning and the economy growing. If people die, then they die. It's been that way since the dawn of time and nothing is going to change that. If wars could be stopped they would have been LONG ago. We have wars for reasons, let the governments of the countries involved decide them. Normal people can't change ANYTHING! It doesn't matter who is president or king or prime-minister or whatever, there will always be some reason to go to war. But, another world war will not happen because it's all about the MONEY!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Asterix

• kikuchiyo

• twpdyp

Long live the small wars! They keep the world turning and the economy growing. If people die, then they die. It's been that way since the dawn of time and nothing is going to change that. If wars could be stopped they would have been LONG ago. We have wars for reasons, let the governments of the countries involved decide them. Normal people can't change ANYTHING! It doesn't matter who is president or king or prime-minister or whatever, there will always be some reason to go to war. But, another world war will not happen because it's all about the MONEY!

361689[/snapback]

You said it well there.

Btw, isn't your avatar the symbol of the Templars?

Twpdyp, I feel that I owe you an apology. When u said you would of supported John Kerry if he was to become president. that kind of shocked me. I have read what u have said before and my blind ignorance has always put you as a blind republican. I stand corrected and I apologize to you. Please accept my apology. I am neither Republican or Democrate, I am in the middlel. I was raised in a democrate area being northeastern ohio and my family is democrate to the core. I was raised to have a open mind thank God, and i was raised not to judge anyone due to color or religion. The majority of what i read on this site sides with Lottie, Talon, Fluffy and Wurn(forgive me buddy but i dont want to destroy your name). The other part of me tends to side with the right. I am only 28 years old and have alot to learn yet. I hope that your son becomes a navy seal Twpdyp, if he even has a fraction of the patriotism that you do, he will serve the us well.

The small wars comment, Englishman, makes allot of sense.

I could compare the political situation to a scorpion in a ring of fire, it will sting everywhere till it stings it self. The ennemie can not be pin pointed, leaving the solders to simply shoot in the dark.

JAZ76US                                           

Twpdyp, I feel that I owe you an apology. When u said you would of supported John Kerry if he was to become president. that kind of shocked me. I have read what u have said before and my blind ignorance has always put you as a blind republican.

No apology is necessary, what I meant is that no matter who won the election I must honor the office of President wether I agree or not. I am a Christian first, an American second and a republican third. I was raised to give respect. I may not have supported Senator Kerry but had he won that would have made him President of the United States and thus worthy of my respect. This is why I have a hard time understanding the position taken by some Americans with regards to leaving the country because Senator Kerry lost. They should stay and fight harder to get the majority on their side in four years, I am going to do just that. I am already watching out for republican possibles for 2008.

I hope that your son becomes a navy seal Twpdyp, if he even has a fraction of the patriotism that you do, he will serve the us well.

I truly thank you for the kind words, I will pass them along to my son.

JAZ76US you are a formidable debater and a worthy opponent in the debates that start here keep up the good work and hold your ground in defending your beliefs.

twpdyp

(Thomas)

Well it seems countries are racing to build their nuclear weapons for either offensive and defensive purposes.

Lets see, North Korea... Iran... and now i'm hearing about Russia. Who's next China?

WW3, hear we come whistling2.gif

Well China, the UK, France, Russia, the united states, india and pakistan as "the bomb". There's some speculation that Israel, Iran and North Korea are "seeking or Studying" the possibility of owning "the bomb". With that much tension I hope the dooms day device in Dr. Strangelove doesn't exist.

Let's just hope that none of the countries will accidently (or willingly) fire one, because it would result in the most massive and extensive fire work exposition.

Were, I live at, Almost everyone says that WW3 will be started as a Nuclear War, But most of the folks that near by me says that the Chinasses will some day start building up on Nuclear Weapons. Some of the people say that the Russians will start it! Cause The Americans, had problems with the Red Army(Russia, USSR) Also, isn't China still Commisism still? Not really, Pretty soon money will become useless, for oil and coats, here are some ideas that WW3 be happen cause of it: Oil, Coat, and Nukes, Also. If WW3 is a Nuclear war, there's no point of surviving when the War is over. Why? We'll after a Nuclear War is over, that will cause a Nuclear Winter, Then everyone in the world will have to go deep inside caves till the Radical Levels start to go down, That's all of it, People will be infected with nuclear Radical, and when women are going to have babies, the Babies will be disformed and have other Nuclear Discesses. In which causing the Babies to die of. And also new Viruses and Discesses will come from a Nuclear Winter, When the Radical Levels start to down which will take more then a 50 years maybe, About 95% of Mankind will be dead from Nuclear Winter.

Edited by TSoldier_Wolf

your of the optimist kind, are you comrade?

The relation between Russia and the US is much better then before, China already has the bomb but seems to lack an enemy to strike. (ok maybe NK but it's a complex relationship)

There's a saying around here, the last world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

I agree with kikuchiyo, people are way more pessimistic than they should. The world relations of our time are defined by rather realistic approaches, as the recent experience of 2 totally useless world wars has taught something. To have a world war takes a conflict between 2 superpowers of 2 sides belonging to 2 spheres of influence.

In our world, that would mean:

1) USA and Europe (absurd)

2) USA/Europe and China (less absurd, from a mental affiliation point of view but still very, very far-fetched, and totally impossible on practical, strategic reasons)

3) India and China (theoretically a future misunderstanding could pop up in the Tibet regions, but even if the 2 countries would engage into war, it wouldn't be nuclear and it wouldn't become world war. And it would end in a matter of days or weeks.

4) Russia and China (politically improbable, due to good trade relations and problematic economies of both nations.

Saving the best for last..

5) Islam/Arab world and Europe/Christians/west

Aah...Everybody's favourite. But, nevertheless, impossible. First of all, trying to compare the two sides, is like comparing a tiger with a kitten. The Arab nations lack desperately the means, tactics, strategic strength to wage such a war. Plus, the only wealth source, the Gulf nations, are very strongly affiliated with the West.

You need someone to sell your oil to, right? laugh.gif

The relation between Russia and the US is much better then before, China already has the bomb but seems to lack an enemy to strike. (ok maybe NK but it's a complex relationship)

There's a saying around here, the last world war will be fought with sticks and stones.

365484[/snapback]

No, But I am a Commuism Supporter.

WW3

It's around the corner thanks to our dumb president who cares more about wasting our money killing other and our own people, and destroying other countries with our money. What’s going with people in these days, supporting our country? If they were supporting our country all of them would be fighting poverty in our country, and using that money for free health care! All those soldiers in Iraq are not supporting our country! They’re supporting the Rich people, Corporations, and Bush administration's own benefits. I think we're going to experience another bull**** war that is going to last another 10years of fighting for no reason as the one in Vietnam. And, since we have a stupid president who knows nothing about wars because he never been to one, he is taking his position as a game, trying to conquer other countries as they use to do it in the early days.

365484[/snapback]

No, But I am a Commuism Supporter.

366570[/snapback]

I have a question regarding communism.

I've always been under the impression that it basically means "everyone is equal", is this true?

Also, why has the United States taken it upon themselves to crush it? Vietnam, Korea, the Soviet, Cuba, etc.

Forgive me, I honestly don't know much about it original.gif

I have a question regarding communism.

I've always been under the impression that it basically means "everyone is equal", is this true?

366733[/snapback]

Supposedly it does mean that, but first of all in reality what happens is: "We're all equal , of course, but that cousin of mine who works in the ministry will make sure my son gets that promotion" tongue.gif

Also, even in the utopistic/theoretical level, I see no equality or justice when a heart surgeon-havind studied and worked hard for many years-should get paid as much as the X public employee or the N waiter in a restaurant..

Asterix pin pointed the reason it failed, the "human" element of "getting/wanting more". It was a noble concept but didn't work in real life.

The reason the US tried to crush it is because they thought it was a threat to "take over the world". Also the US economic system is at the opposite spectrum of the economical balance, making them "enemies" by paper. There was a clash of the east and the west that sparked the arms race and political tensions...but it's all in the past now.

I'd hate to be the one to break it to everybody, but WWIII was just recently adverted due to the election of Bush. Had Kerry been in the White House our country would be in ruins in a matter of months and at war with nations on a global level.

I'd hate to be the one to break it to everybody, but WWIII was just recently adverted due to the election of Bush. Had Kerry been in the White House our country would be in ruins in a matter of months and at war with nations on a global level.

367050[/snapback]

I doubt it.

367050[/snapback]

This must be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum. George W Bush is the one man that endangers world peace more than any other American president in the past few decades.

No wonder that according to a recent EU opinion poll the vast majority of people in the world consider Israel to be the biggest threat to world peace, followed closely by the USA.

The major threat to world peace is therefore not Bin Laden or Russia or China - it is the US/Israeli alliance who are systematically destabilising the Middle East and thereby creating a time bomb that may not erupt in the form of a conventional World War, but that will make the world a more and more unsafe place to live in.

Maybe the resulting backlash in terms of terror attacks is exactly what the US hawks want. That will in turn give them the justification they are looking for to attack more (oil rich) countries in the Middle East and set up crony governments that will provide them with cheap oil.

Frosty do you have any proof to support this statement?

367317[/snapback]

Uh, do the circumstances call for proof when it is a "prediction"?

well I can predict anything, if stuff like that would happend in the stock market it would crash! That's why event prediction should be supported with information.

Are we taking bets on this?

Id say the war will begin between North Korea + Allies vs USA + Allies within the next twenty years.

And if im still around then im not gonna touch the event with a fifty foot pole.

A WWIII between the US and China is not possible, because it won't involve the entire world.

Also, a war between China and India will not become a WWIII because such a war too will be a local conflict.

In the short term, I think a war between a Shia empire (including Iran, Iraq, Azerbeijan and Lebanon) ruled by the Ayatolas against a Suni-Jewish coalition is possible, and because of the oil it will probably drag the US and the EU in and will cause a WW3.

On the long run, I think an EU vs. US war could be possible, if the demographic trends in Europe will continue, and if economic conflict will rise between the dollar and the euro.

Such a war will be a WW3 because both the US and the EU have overseas influence and territories.

A WWIII between the US and China is not possible, because it won't involve the entire world.

Also, a war between China and India will not become a WWIII because such a war too will be a local conflict.

In the short term, I think a war between a Shia empire (including Iran, Iraq, Azerbeijan and Lebanon) ruled by the Ayatolas against a Suni-Jewish coalition is possible, and because of the oil it will probably drag the US and the EU in and will cause a WW3.

On the long run, I think an EU vs. US war could be possible, if the demographic trends in Europe will continue, and if economic conflict will rise between the dollar and the euro.

Such a war will be a WW3 because both the US and the EU have overseas influence and territories.

368845[/snapback]

I agree about US and China, and also about China and India. But I disagree that a Middle East conflict could become a world war. The reason is that the alliances are so formed, that if a major oil supply problem would become visible (highly improbable, since UAE, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are very much affiliated to the West) then USA and EU would join forces together. And a combined army of USA and EU would stop any local disturbance before it takes large dimensions. In a sense, I would see a repetition of the first Iraq war, in 1991. End in 3-4 weeks, without much casualties..

What is completely absurd though, is an idea of a war between USA and EU. Economic conflict will rise between euro and dollar, but there is total lack of any strategic, tactical, political or any other foundation that would lead to war..