Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Golden handshake

Babe Ruth

http://tinyurl.com/nwa6b3l

Ralph Nader has been keeping track of government spending, and the news is not good.

Ike's worst nightmares have come true with a vengeance. We have a permanent arms industry that wags the dog.

• Like 1

There will come a time, maybe in my lifetime (by32025 or so), when the history books will look back upon this era as worse than the Age of the Robber Barons for pure greed and political corruption. What's sad is to see middle- and lower-middle class people supporting the current "System," when it is dead set against our best interests. Maybe this post will raise some ire, but it's just my opinion, as I live with the daily reality of life in the US of A.

• Like 3

There will come a time, maybe in my lifetime (by32025 or so), when the history books will look back upon this era as worse than the Age of the Robber Barons for pure greed and political corruption.

That assumes this crap will come to an end in your lifetime. Chances are it'll only grow worse.

• Like 3

$1000/ a pill or die from Hepatitis C when the experts say a 12 week regimen should cost less than $500. Nice.

• Like 1

That assumes this crap will come to an end in your lifetime. Chances are it'll only grow worse.

Probably. It's always darkest and coldest before the dawn.

• Like 1

$1000/ a pill or die from Hepatitis C when the experts say a 12 week regimen should cost less than $500. Nice.

I read the same thing, but, for some reason, my Uncle was started on this medication last week. He's 67 yrs old,

he's retired and he's disabled. He receives social security and is on Medicare, he barely has enough to pay his

bills every month. Because of his health, he was unable to go on the old Hep C medication since it makes people sicker than a dog.

But, he and I are very grateful for him being "allowed" to go on this new medication.

• Like 2

I read the same thing, but, for some reason, my Uncle was started on this medication last week. He's 67 yrs old,

he's retired and he's disabled. He receives social security and is on Medicare, he barely has enough to pay his

bills every month. Because of his health, he was unable to go on the old Hep C medication since it makes people sicker than a dog.

But, he and I are very grateful for him being "allowed" to go on this new medication.

Well, there you go then. Medicare is paying the $1000/per pill. Now we know why they set it at that price.

• Like 2

It is true that research and development of new medicines must be subsidized by somebody, but it seems the way the costs are distributed is not fair. The profits seem excessive.

To me the story was more informative regarding the Pentagon purchases for various weapons systems. The F-35 is quickly becoming a poster child for spending run amok.

• Like 2

It's not just weapons systems but our whole government contracting system. Just look at the website roll-out for Obamacare. We basically just hand contractors blank checks for a product or service. There is no penalty for cost overruns, wasteful spending, failed products, etc.

• Like 2

The US acts like a teenager with a credit card with no limits. There is always a limit, to bad it means bankruptcy.

• Like 2

There will come a time, maybe in my lifetime (by32025 or so), when the history books will look back upon this era as worse than the Age of the Robber Barons for pure greed and political corruption. What's sad is to see middle- and lower-middle class people supporting the current "System," when it is dead set against our best interests. Maybe this post will raise some ire, but it's just my opinion, as I live with the daily reality of life in the US of A.

That first sentence should read "2025;" my apologies.

We need a major overhaul.

But we seem powerless to do it.

At least for the time being, the bad guys are in complete control of the government. Ike's worst nightmare come true. :td:

We need a major overhaul.

But we seem powerless to do it.

Not powerless yet. Take away our guns and then we will be powerless. Right now it is more apathy than lack of power.

Take away our guns and then we will be powerless.

How exactly are guns making you powerful against the government? Are you still living in antebellum times down there?

• Like 1