Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No Dawn for 'Common Sense'

Drayno

Leftist revision equals an increased disconnect between liberal and conservative ideologies. It continues to increase the alienation of any person with conservative thought in modern American society by intentionally omitting the Republican framework of our Constitutional Republic in our public schools. Clearly, a politically motivated move. Our current revisionists are in favor of twisting the ideological framework of the United States Constitutional Republic, a federalized government that drew its powers from the self-governing populace; popular sovereignty, as promoted by Jean-Jacques Rousseau, into an ambiguous, and yet simultaneously, politically correct society in which all individual assertion has been convalesced into a collective-esque mentality. The current federal government is letting our borders run lose; there is no national sovereignty with open borders.

Not only are we exposed, but our leaders are ignoring the crisis for what it really is; dealing with it in the most aloof and complacent manner they can possibly muster. We are referring to any person of conservative political leaning as 'terrorist'. We're acclimating the citizens to the idea of a militarized police force; we're indoctrinating kids to fear guns and to be punished for even thinking about them, instead of educating them and letting them gain well-rounded perspective through experience.

The docile nature of our populace has resulted in us trading common sense for no small measure of self-reliance. Our natural rights are offense and obscene to the powers that be; that is why even now, they are disgusted by any idea of separation of powers, popular sovereignty, and liberty.

The word liberty is the foulest word to the ears of a control freak.

To someone who wants to invade every facet of your life, who represents a highly central and leviathan-like government, any sort of independence is a threat to the power and influence it has upon others; indeed, telling truth in a time of universal deceit is the most offensive course of action any strong-willed person could take. Especially in the face of an Orwellian government that collects more data on its citizenry - than the very people it spent millions of taxpayer dollars on, to create bureaucracies, for the sake of national defense. Clearly there has been a long running abuse of power. And the prospect of any sort of humble declaration confessing these abuses is dismal at best.

IF we should reject any fundamental proponent of existing in a free society, as framed by the political scientists at the advent of our country: such as a natural right that is recognized and protected, legally, as it exists in the first place by virtue of being a human being, and experiencing the human condition as a sentient, curious, organism - then we are rejecting any sensible existential responsibility, and absurdly bowing down to a totalitarian ideal: that one should repent all natural rights in favor of being 'protected' by a self-championing political entity that is both omniscient and omnipotent. We should encourage a broader studying of history through all of its perspectives. We should understand the framers of the American Republican, as they were men who spent decades rigorously studying the fundamental flaw in every sort of government that existed from Greece to the British Empire:

If you allow an ever-growing political entity to absorb the rights of the people it is suppose to serve, it will grow beyond all bounds, disaster proceeding.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 2

Well-said, Drayno...I agree, for the most part.

Exception: "The docile nature of our populace has resulted in us trading common sense for no small measure of self-reliance."

The docile populace has traded common sense AND self-reliance for a near complete failure to question authority, political correctness, and a large measure of reliance on our Fed Govt. and their hand-outs.

"Democracy isn't the best form of Govt, but it's the least worst of everything that's been tried."

Edited by scorpiosonic

Well here is my rant that im sure some will disagree with :innocent:

With a minimum wage job working full time in today world you cant even afford to get a two bedroom apartment. It seems like everything is getting taxed and fined but yet somehow this giant debt keeps going up to numbers I never knew existed. I never see this money come back to benefit me it somehow just gets given to these big companies and then they call it a "stimulus package". Something is fundamentally wrong with this

You cant even read a text book without it dripping with an agenda. I have no clue if its always been like that but it definitely is now.

The IRS targeted right wing groups and they are all branded as "Terrorist" according to our government classification. Now with the NSA having everyone information people should be concerned even if your left wing.And with our government now officially being able to decide who is and isn't a journalist. Its not a far stretch of the imagination to see a one party system unofficially emerging.

I think we are at a point where our government is just so big that no one can keep track of it.

Its completely okay in today age to call anyone with a right wing view a racist, sexist or "privileged" the media preaches it all of the time( all as a way to ignore the actual arguments). Its okay to discriminate as long as its against people with right wing views.

Edit: for the record when I say right wing views I mean more libertarian, the real views on freedom. most of the politicians with an ® beside their name are just cronys( like Bush) to be fair im pretty sure most of the democrats barely represent their voters views either.

Edited by spartan max2

I wonder what your idea of "liberty" is.

"Liberty" does not mean everyone agrees with you (or me). Liberty does not guarantee that our infallible opinions are what runs the country.

Liberty means that the MAJORITY'S opinion runs the country (and there have been times, like the presidency of Bush II, when I hated everything about the way the country was run.)

Liberty means that the minority can form coalitions and teams and influence the direction our laws take.

It means that our laws change as our society changes and as our society needs these changes.

It doesn't mean the Left or the Right endlessly decides where we will go. Liberty means the MAJORITY -- and sometimes the majority isn't going to agree with you.

There might well be truth in this, if it wasn't for the rehash of the tired old "left vs right", "it's all the fault of the lefties" (or "it's all the fault of the Right-Wing Republican Neo-Fascists") argument. That's all so outdated. When will people begin to realise that "Left" and "Right" are pretty much obsolete concepts, and if there is a conspiracy to subdue the populace and reduce their will to resist the increasing authoritarianism of the Government, then the Right, in the form of the Neocon element, which is still a very strong element in the Government, is just as much behind it, in fact probably much more so, than the mere and pretty ineffectual figurehead of the President.

• Like 1

"Liberty" does not mean everyone agrees with you (or me). Liberty does not guarantee that our infallible opinions are what runs the country.

Liberty means that the MAJORITY'S opinion runs the country (and there have been times, like the presidency of Bush II, when I hated everything about the way the country was run.)

Liberty means that the minority can form coalitions and teams and influence the direction our laws take.

It means that our laws change as our society changes and as our society needs these changes.

It doesn't mean the Left or the Right endlessly decides where we will go. Liberty means the MAJORITY -- and sometimes the majority isn't going to agree with you.

This sounds dangerously close to a working definition of "the tyranny of the majority", an idea warned about more than 200 years ago. :cry:

In fact, "liberty" must be applied at the individual level. A chain possesses 'liberty' only as much as its individual links.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 2

The only thing I would disagree with is the assumption that it is only the left causing this.

I guess it's more so the abundance of liberalism apparent in schools, our entertainment industry.. Those are hubs in which liberal ideology has a solid foot hold.

Of course, conservatives have their own niches in society, but it's dangerous when one particular set of beliefs dominates something as critical as our school system.

The best way to transform a society, and warp it to your molding, is to first manipulate the children.

I guess it's more so the abundance of liberalism apparent in schools, our entertainment industry.. Those are hubs in which liberal ideology has a solid foot hold.

Of course, conservatives have their own niches in society, but it's dangerous when one particular set of beliefs dominates something as critical as our school system.

The best way to transform a society, and warp it to your molding, is to first manipulate the children.

California is the biggest Liberal state of them all. Look what is happening to it. By the way, I agree with everything you said.

Well-said, Drayno...I agree, for the most part.

Exception: "The docile nature of our populace has resulted in us trading common sense for no small measure of self-reliance."

The docile populace has traded common sense AND self-reliance for a near complete failure to question authority, political correctness, and a large measure of reliance on our Fed Govt. and their hand-outs.

"Democracy isn't the best form of Govt, but it's the least worst of everything that's been tried."

Some of us still stand on our own two feet, but it would seem many seek help from the government, indeed.

To a single, divorced, mother of three, working three jobs to try to keep her family together, in a decent location, welfare is acceptable.

To a family that does not care about our history, and has ZERO interest in assimilating; they do not have to give up their heritage at all - not even a little, but just try to learn about our culture, so they can better communicate with us - SO we can learn their culture better, and have a smooth, fully operational immigration policy - but majority of the people want a free ride!

Well here is my rant that im sure some will disagree with :innocent:

With a minimum wage job working full time in today world you cant even afford to get a two bedroom apartment. It seems like everything is getting taxed and fined but yet somehow this giant debt keeps going up to numbers I never knew existed. I never see this money come back to benefit me it somehow just gets given to these big companies and then they call it a "stimulus package". Something is fundamentally wrong with this

You cant even read a text book without it dripping with an agenda. I have no clue if its always been like that but it definitely is now.

The IRS targeted right wing groups and they are all branded as "Terrorist" according to our government classification. Now with the NSA having everyone information people should be concerned even if your left wing.And with our government now officially being able to decide who is and isn't a journalist. Its not a far stretch of the imagination to see a one party system unofficially emerging.

I think we are at a point where our government is just so big that no one can keep track of it.

Its completely okay in today age to call anyone with a right wing view a racist, sexist or "privileged" the media preaches it all of the time( all as a way to ignore the actual arguments). Its okay to discriminate as long as its against people with right wing views.

Edit: for the record when I say right wing views I mean more libertarian, the real views on freedom. most of the politicians with an ® beside their name are just cronys( like Bush) to be fair im pretty sure most of the democrats barely represent their voters views either.

Very true. The IRS fraudulently terrorized Conservative-based groups, like the American Legion, and they deserve a jail sentence, in my opinion, and the removal of office.

They violated their oaths. Get them the hell out of there. They deserve no bearing or title, and least of all, our compliance or respect.

Liberty is recognizing the human condition for what it really is, and allowing a human to be a human - not a child.

Liberty is the ability of a people to defend themselves from their government, to ensure they are not incensed or abused by their would-be public servants.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 1

There might well be truth in this, if it wasn't for the rehash of the tired old "left vs right", "it's all the fault of the lefties" (or "it's all the fault of the Right-Wing Republican Neo-Fascists") argument. That's all so outdated. When will people begin to realise that "Left" and "Right" are pretty much obsolete concepts, and if there is a conspiracy to subdue the populace and reduce their will to resist the increasing authoritarianism of the Government, then the Right, in the form of the Neocon element, which is still a very strong element in the Government, is just as much behind it, in fact probably much more so, than the mere and pretty ineffectual figurehead of the President.

I can concede to this point.

Some of us still stand on our own two feet, but it would seem many seek help from the government, indeed.

To a single, divorced, mother of three, working three jobs to try to keep her family together, in a decent location, welfare is acceptable.

To a family that does not care about our history, and has ZERO interest in assimilating; they do not have to give up their heritage at all - not even a little, but just try to learn about our culture, so they can better communicate with us - SO we can learn their culture better, and have a smooth, fully operational immigration policy - but majority of the people want a free ride!

Very true. The IRS fraudulently terrorized Conservative-based groups, like the American Legion, and they deserve a jail sentence, in my opinion, and the removal of office.

They violated their oaths. Get them the hell out of there. They deserve no bearing or title, and least of all, our compliance or respect.

Liberty is recognizing the human condition for what it really is, and allowing a human to be a human - not a child.

Liberty is the ability of a people to defend themselves from their government, to ensure they are not incensed or abused by their would-be public servants.

True, some of us are still independent, and are willing to work to support ourselves and our families.

Quoting D, "They violated their oaths. Get them the hell out of there. They deserve no bearing or title, and least of all, our compliance or respect."

This also applies, (should be applied) to our Executive Branch, our Congress, etc....in fact applied to ALL public servants @ the Fed, State, and local levels.

• Like 1