Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A material so dark that you can't see it...

seeder

I need a vantablack guitar.

Imagine police cars, used only at night, hiding to catch speeders. You'd never see them.

The Cloak of Invisibility.

89416053-pentagon-scientists.jpg

Harte

What is the human eye's sound perception?

Apologies I got the sentence wrong thanks for being sarcastic .I meant Humans also have limited sound perception.

Human eye sight has a limited range , it also has limited sound perception. ultimate darkness is being in a cave underground when your light goes out.

The human eye has limited sound perception???

I don't believe what my ears are seeing. :w00t:

Could I resist? .................

[media=]

[/media]

:passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

The human eye has limited sound perception???

I don't believe what my ears are seeing. :w00t:

EXTREMELY limited.

Harte

Wow, that is awesome. It almost looks like a piece of paper with a hole in it.

it reflects virtually no light... which means it would stick out like a black blob in contrast to anything around it that does reflect light.. no matter how little?

Aborbs light.... Good concept for efficient solar panels, however cost if implementing such expensive nanotechnology in the present doesnt weigh out the benefits.... Large scale mass production... Obstructions by major energy producers... Installations.......

This being said... That just one of the alternative ways we can use it..... Maybe countless others

Reminds me of a scene in 'The Restaurant at the End of the Universe' by Douglas Adams where I think it's Arthur Dent is looking at a space ship that is so black he can't keep looking at it, his eyes just roll off it. I think that's how it went.

Would I be correct in assuming that because this material is so good at absorbing certain wavelengths of energy, it probably also would get quite hot when exposed to sunlight? Most dark materials do, but this might get somewhat hotter.

• Like 1

i like, i like.

i wonder if it would be more slimming, for those carrying too much flubber?

Apologies I got the sentence wrong thanks for being sarcastic .I meant Humans also have limited sound perception.

No problems.

The secret formula: 1 part soul of Nazi camp guard, 1 part heart of corrupt politician, 1 part madness of a communist dictator, 1 part lies of a White House Press Secretary, 1 part Satan's laughter. For good measure add one part sarcasm of UM poster. Very black indeed.

on a very black background is quite useless since there aren't really any 'very' black backgrounds and i do think their interested because at night the soliders would practically be invisible as well as rockets, Ammo and Jet fighters.

Actually that might be counter intuitive, as the night isn't anywhere close to pure black, so you'd have a bunch of man shaped black objects that would stand out even if the only light available was starlight. Also, black object absorb more heat, and this would be a problem on the modern battlefield with it range of IR and UV scopes.

Generally the best camouflage has been found to not so much as blend in with a background, but to break up the outline of an object into something unrecognizable.

Actually that might be counter intuitive, as the night isn't anywhere close to pure black, so you'd have a bunch of man shaped black objects that would stand out even if the only light available was starlight. Also, black object absorb more heat, and this would be a problem on the modern battlefield with it range of IR and UV scopes.

Generally the best camouflage has been found to not so much as blend in with a background, but to break up the outline of an object into something unrecognizable.

yeah, kinda figured after i made my post.