Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tourist Captures Video of ghost

Brian Topp

Did a tourist with a camera catch a ghost in the act at well-known ‘haunted pub’ in Bolton?

That’s what is being claimed after a video emerged that supposedly showed a ghoul in the window of the Ye Olde Man & Scythe.

The apparent phantom came in the form of a flickering light that could be seen in the YouTube clip.

‘I’m not too happy about it, that’s my flat behind the window,’ said the establishment’s manager Tony Dooley, who previously claimed his feet were licked by a ghost at the pub.

To read more: http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/14/is-there-a-ghost-in-this-haunted-pubs-window-4798086/

• Like 1

Tourist? Not that old chestnut!

Apart from that, all else seems normal. A light flickers in a window.

• Like 3

Looks like a deliberate insert...aka fake

Post editing Check

Text overlay check

unreliable source check

What we have here is your common or garden youtube ghost video.

• Like 2

I don't believe that a tourist would visit Bolton and if he did he would be sorely disappointed.

The landlord is definitely trying to drum up some trade,thats the second reflection ghost video of the pub in the last 6 months.If you look at the poll and the comments below this article it would appear that the locals aren't too impressed

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/11338432.VIDEO__Another__ghost__sighting_at_Bolton_s_most_haunted_pub/?ref=var_0&ref=mmsp

Edited by dr no
  • Like 4

It's legit because it had the stupid, idiot red circle.

Remember kids, the absence of the red circle is a sure sign of trickery.

• Like 5

I think we should get a little competition going:

Most haunted pubs in the UK

vs

Gates to Hell

Let's see which one there is more of.

• Like 5

I think we should get a little competition going:

Most haunted pubs in the UK

vs

Gates to Hell

Let's see which one there is more of.

If one pub has 2 ghosts, does that could as 2 points? etc etc etc

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that pub, the Olde Man and Scythe has come up before on these forums as the site of supposed ghostly activity.

• Like 1

Yeah I have to agree this could easily be lights just flashing onto the window, reflections.

So the landlord claims a ghost once licked his feet, that's interesting! I'm a ghost so just to let this person know I exist and am currently haunting his pub I will lick his fecking feet, not manifest myself fully in front of him and tell him!

So the landlord claims a ghost once licked his feet, that's interesting! I'm a ghost so just to let this person know I exist and am currently haunting his pub I will lick his fecking feet, not manifest myself fully in front of him and tell him!

A ghost with a serious foot fetish, now that's just downright disturbing.

Far more interesting than the moronic flashing in the window, however.

It looks like the flashing strobe lights that some people set up during Halloween.

These ridiculous videos have tarnished the pristine shine the Internet once had. :whistle:

• Like 2

They really need to better than this sad attempt. What is next some hairy creature running all over the planet that is never very photogenic !!!

• Like 1

A ghost with a serious foot fetish, now that's just downright disturbing.

Far more interesting than the moronic flashing in the window, however.

It looks like the flashing strobe lights that some people set up during Halloween.

These ridiculous videos have tarnished the pristine shine the Internet once had. :whistle:

I was thinking it looked more like something going past quickly on the opposite side of the street reflecting on the window...who knows?

They really need to better than this sad attempt. What is next some hairy creature running all over the planet that is never very photogenic !!!

The next news worthy item may be "Evidence of Bigfoot found in the basement of ______'s pub. The pub owner stumbled upon this when going into the basement recently.

He discovered a poorly constructed teepee." The pub owner added, "it had to be him [bigfoot] who else could build such a fantastic structure?"

• Like 2

The next news worthy item may be "Evidence of Bigfoot found in the basement of ______'s pub. The pub owner stumbled upon this when going into the basement recently.

He discovered a poorly constructed teepee." The pub owner added, "it had to be him [bigfoot] who else could build such a fantastic structure?"

Who else could it be but to go one better I bet the pub has a pond out back and guess who lives there!! No it's not Flipper!!!

• Like 1

Who else could it be but to go one better I bet the pub has a pond out back and guess who lives there!! No it's not Flipper!!!

Both instances are shrouded in mystery because the only proof that exists are blurry photos, taken by pub goers with temporary, blurry vision.

• Like 1

Both instances are shrouded in mystery because the only proof that exists are blurry photos, taken by pub goers with temporary, blurry vision.

My vision get blurry after I had a few pints or I take off my glasses....

• Like 2